+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I have 70,480. What are you trying to pull? tongue.png

Lolz! Just making sure you're paying attention, Semper. whistlingW.gif

So, the zealous penguins are at 39,644, which is more than 30k behind (no worries there). The other Angels of Depth are at 68,657, so less than 2k behind. We should recruit moar!

If I ever get around to determining what I want to do for future models, I can settle on a new paint job and then vow what models I can work on. 

Of course I'm to be looking for a new job while managing not quitting my current one, so you can expect my attention to be in 50 mindsets at once.

ive took the week off work so i can get more painting time in, not a very grown up idea with the amount of debit m in atm but hey ho, cant say theres no dedication to the cause here

Well, my problem is the severe OCD I have in coming up with ideas.  Losing my models has also freed me from one idea of a build, but now I have so many things to conjure.  Not to mention limited spending, but between bills and waiting on fools hope while you have a handful of miniatures and no equipment, it's maddening.   

Thriced Cursed Sons of Horus Mono-Khorne warband with a flesh-hound/thunder cav kitbash, with a Lord rider for a Juggernaut counts-as.

Violators Noise Marine army, with veterans marked with my own custom pink or some color in tiger stripes or a dazzle pattern camouflage. 

Restart the Putrefactors build-up for Plague Marines and viable support.  Given that I'm sick of Nurgle, this is less and less likely.

Alpha Legion with Huron-Counts as kitbash infiltration with a deepstriking mayhem pack.  Can't decide on Chosen or Raptors, which might end up as Night Lords instead depending on the support I receive.

Iron Warriors gunline focusing on a Warpsmith with brand and a murderfist Helbrute formation.  Getting tired of buying Helbrutes/dreads though. 

The Wartorn, with urban dazzle (lol) camo and black pauldrons.  Slipped away because they retconned the Antecannis Massacre.  :/

7th is right around the corner, and my wait and see approach is just making me sadder with each passing pledge and ebay sale. 

So, the zealous penguins are at 39,644, which is more than 30k behind (no worries there). The other Angels of Depth are at 68,657, so less than 2k behind. We should recruit moar!

Remember your high reliance on just two vows that are worth 27k between them... Which means excluding that, the BTs are not that far behind. And despite the excellent track reacord of steve and fasha, do you really want to depend on those two to win the day?

Maybe in the next ETL, I'll have the steve & fasha faction...

Can't remember if I posted this, but painting became so much easier when I ripped the Lord of Skulls apart:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/LOSWIP_zpse58115c8.jpg

So much so, that he is now completed! ROT FOR THE ROT GOD; PUS FOR THE PUS THRONE!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/LOS1_zps94f2649f.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/LOS2_zpse9af4512.jpg

That's my first vow complete!

I'll get a bigger one ready before Semper puts it up just to hammer us into the lead - but not a bad thousand points completion!

Bases? tongue.png

Not needed for ETL. Beside. The time I spend on bases covers a few people.

Pff, we want to win in style - base them all!

Semper, just to confirm - I wouldn't be able to vow to paint Angron right, as his rules are in a HH book? Any suggestions as what he could appropriate count-as (Khârn?)?

Good news, I can get back to painting tomorrow probably. Only one more damn dark eldar venom to go for the tournament and then I should be free to paint chaos again!

Apologies brethren, but the 8 venom list has to be played! biggrin.png

Remember your high reliance on just two vows that are worth 27k between them... Which means excluding that, the BTs are not that far behind. And despite the excellent track reacord of steve and fasha, do you really want to depend on those two to win the day?

Mental note - Need to send the equivalent of one Legion strength warband to Steve and Fasha respectively to ensure their 'protection' and 'delivery'.

Don't trust when you can enforce! teehee.gif

In good humor but we are rooting for you guys of course.

Add in Arizoniajirt and they might actually be the biggest faction...

An update on my Penance Vow. The Crusade of Cinder and Ash stands 10 strong now.

FORCES OF THE CRUSADE OF CINDER AND ASH

• Chapter of the Ruined King - King Allant - Noctus Cornix
  • The Gilded Horde - ???? - TJWyrm
  • Chapter of the Transcendent Coil - Lord Alulem - Scribe of Khorne
  • The Divine Flayers - Lord Nemitus - Forte
  • The Stonebreakers - Lord Kythnos - Kythnos
  • Splinter Cell #379 - Alpharius - Excessus
  • The Siege Makers - Warsmith Helslash - Leinmann
  • Lernaen Protocol - Harrowmaster Procel - Dragonlover
  • The Revenants - Seer Lord Amon Thoth - Angelus Encarmine
  • Alpha Legion ? - Lord Proximo - Yogi

Units Vowed by the Ruined King

• 1 Unit dedicated to Slaanesh - TJWyrm
  • 1 Unit of Cultists - Scribe of Khorne
  • 1 Unit dedicated to Slaanesh - Forte
  • 1 Daemon Engine - Kythnos
  • 1 Unit dedicated to Tzeentch - Excessus
  • Trophies of Guilliman's Sons - Leinmann
  • 1 Champion of Chaos - Angelus Encarmine
  • 1 Unit dedicated to Khorne - Yogi

Bases? tongue.png

Bases are not needed? That is ridiculous!

If anything, only a base completes a model. Avarage paint jobs with great bases makes awesome mini's. Perfect paint jobs without bases makes for lousy mini's.

If it's the rules, it's the rules, but I won't declare my vows finished before the bases are done. And I'm basing a titan.

Bases? tongue.png

Bases are not needed? That is ridiculous!

If anything, only a base completes a model. Avarage paint jobs with great bases makes awesome mini's. Perfect paint jobs without bases makes for lousy mini's.

If it's the rules, it's the rules, but I won't declare my vows finished before the bases are done. And I'm basing a titan.

The only problem with bases is that my ocd can't stand having say a grass based model on an urban board or vice versa, etc.

So while I base, my bases tend to be basic texture and neutral like just Astrogranite, or at most - sand.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong though.

Archived