+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Hmm can someone do a quick recap what actually is a penance vow?

Since the previous ETL the frater issued challenges to each other, in the form of extra unofficial vows on top of their official ones. I found this a great addition to the ETL and in support I recorded any such vows that I found in the first page. This is my intention this year but the avalanche of official vows made me miss quite a few. Still, if you point me to such vows I'll be more than happy to add them in the first page.

Just to make it absolutely clear, penance vows are not official for the ETL, I will not record their completions (as most are conditional on the outcome of the ETL anyway) and of course there will be no penalty for not fulfilling them - apart from a stain in your honour! :D

Bases? tongue.png

Not needed for ETL. Beside. The time I spend on bases covers a few people.
Bases are not needed? That is ridiculous!

If anything, only a base completes a model. Avarage paint jobs with great bases makes awesome mini's. Perfect paint jobs without bases makes for lousy mini's.

If it's the rules, it's the rules, but I won't declare my vows finished before the bases are done. And I'm basing a titan.

Totally agree. A mini isn't finished in my eyes till the base is done too.

And on the matter of basing let me repeat here what I said in the other thread just to be on record:

The models are done when you say they're done. It is expected that you paint to the best of your ability or even try to improve further on it... If your usual standard is to do basing then do it. If not, that's fine. I cannot (and don't want to) judge people's painting ability or turn the ETL to a Golden Daemon style event. I want people from all skill levels to feel welcome, their contribution to be respected and hopefully even improve their skill through this process...

It is worth remebering that the ETL will be over in August but your minis will stay with you long after. Is it worth painting stuff to sub-standard levels for the price of a digital badge? Personally I don't think so... It'd rather wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker than spend time (and my hard earned cash) to do a substandard job...

A vow of penance.  Basically your vow that you'll do something to make up for failing a task, vow, or assignment. 

In this case, if we lose, Forte has to paint a Black Templar because lol.

Not just any BT either. But an Emperor's Champion! But the body of the dead marine on my Forgefiend base is going to be a BT too ;)

I have 70,480. What are you trying to pull? :P

Lolz!  Just making sure you're paying attention, Semper. :whistling: 

So, the zealous penguins are at 39,644, which is more than 30k behind (no worries there). The other Angels of Depth are at 68,657, so less than 2k behind. We should recruit moar!

Remember your high reliance on just two vows that are worth 27k between them... Which means excluding that, the BTs are not that far behind. And despite the excellent track reacord of steve and fasha, do you really want to depend on those two to win the day?

Maybe in the next ETL, I'll have the steve & fasha faction...

Add in Arizoniajirt and they might actually be the biggest faction...

I'll hold my tongue on this one. If spraying black, dipping a head in white paint and flicking other colours counts as finished. And yes Semper...I am currently biting a hole in my lip.

as i said, im re basing everything soon, just not sure yet how im doing it, as a kind of vow i now declare all minis will be based by aug 1st or none of my vows count for the ETL... happy? at least i try to paint my minis instead of throwing paint at them or completing my vows before the comp is even started... 

Alright, not much done as I got distracted already.  See a local gaming store happened to still have an Imperial Defense Network and since no one at the other store likes playing on the trench table due to the rather set nature of the terrain, I figured I'll just bring my own trenches and force them to play on a trench table.  So this past Sunday I bought it and am cleaning and basing the contents, just have the aquila bits and four end caps left to clean and spray (also out of spray paint).  Anyway, here are the WIPs for the White Scars, Blood Angels, and Thousand Sons:

http://s30.postimg.org/obyy0c5f5/White_Scars_WIP.jpg

http://s1.postimg.org/4b1jjnmvz/White_Scars_Lord_WIP.jpg

http://s17.postimg.org/tyed07ysv/Thousand_Sons_and_BA_Plague_Marines_WIP.jpg

Also here is my latest distraction:

http://s28.postimg.org/w2z4lk1j1/Distraction.jpg

I Thamier answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 count as typhus (using the awsome typhon model) 1 Khârn the betrayer 1 ahriman 1 huron blackheart 1 warpsmith 1 demon prince with wings black mace and power armour

2 chaos lascannon predators fully kittet

1 hellbrute with dual missiles 5 havocs with 4 autocannons 42 plague zombies

and 3 five man noise marines with sonic blasters and a blast master

from codex chaos spacemarines of total value 2254points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Balefire Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

now i hope i didnt forget anything and you can click my balefire legion banner to see my progress when i get started

I Totgeboren has finished my first vow, and fabulous it is!
Rock on for Chaos!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/totgeboren40/Daemons/PICT2450.jpg

More pictures can be found on my log, click here for that.

Now I just have to decide what my next vow will be? I'm thinking a squad of Chosen and a Contemptor... I also have a Hellblade that has only been primed. Hmmm... :)

Rock on for Chaos!

Now I just have to decide what my next vow will be? I'm thinking a squad of Chosen and a Contemptor... I also have a Hellblade that has only been primed. Hmmm... :)

Nicely done :tu:

Rock on for Chaos!

Now I just have to decide what my next vow will be? I'm thinking a squad of Chosen and a Contemptor... I also have a Hellblade that has only been primed. Hmmm... smile.png

I vote Banelord titan!

I am adding a chaos lord in the form of a fallen dark angel from the HH that wields a power sword and a combi-weapon -95 points would ass daemon weapons but my night lord shy away from that and this dark angel has always held onto that Johnson not Luther who was going to betray the emperor with foul daemons

As well as a ten man squad of recently fallen dark angels to add to my night lord company

Plasma pistol and lightning claw on champion plasma gun and plasma gun for the second weapon haha

200 points more for them as they are still new bloods to chaos so new daemon stuff yet haha

I think I did the math for the plasma gun instead of the cannon anyway haha...

First vow done!

Deamon Prince, Bloodthirster and Abaddon

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y441/pointer849/DSC00818_zps7d2ad7d2.jpg

Land Raiders

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y441/pointer849/DSC00816_zpsb4a8ae3d.jpg

I'll put the next vow in a separate post so they can be linked to separately

I B E N answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Fabius Bile

Sorcerer

Sorcerer
-Plasma Pistol

Helbrute

Helbrute
-Reaper Autocannon
-Power Scourge

Heldrake
-Baleflamer

Havocs (5)
-4x Autocannons

Herald of Khorne

Bloodcrushers (3)

Bloodletters (10)

from Codex: Chaos Daemons and Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value of 1090 on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Legion and Khorne, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y441/pointer849/DSC00819_zps4c433579.jpg

Right, let's see here...

@ Fasha: Distracted? You? Impossible... :P The trenches look really promising though!

@ thamier: A hefty vow indeed! Welcome and good luck!

@ totgeboren: Wow! This truly brings up memories! Crazy stuff! Well done mate - your completion is registered. Fabulous is an understatement! :D

@ B E N: Congratulations for your completion! Some heavy additions there! Completion and new vow registered!

@ Capitano: I really like how you fluff your force. :)

However there are a couple of things I'd like to draw your attention to the following: generally speaking you are not supposed to make a material alteration to your vow once submitted - some fine tuning is fine: a plasma pistol here, a power sword there, but adding entire units is not allowed. If you want to add something you must wait to do so in a subsequent vow. Also if you want to vow those DAs as Chaos Marines (perfectly fine by me) you must price them from the Chaos Codex. That means no access to plasma cannon - you need to make it count-as something else (a plasma gun gor example).

I will allow this one as it appears there was a confusion of the rules but keep in mind it's an one-off. Now, to make this official, please edit your original vow to reflect the changes with the correct pricing and then I'll amend the first page. ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Semper - first vow is now complete, trying to get stuff together for my second - assuming I can't do Angron, any suggestions for an appropriate replacement?

Either as a Chaos Lord or Khârn counts as

Challenge (Penance) Vow:

In a show of association towards the Forces of the Imperium, without which there would be no Renegade Guard; I vow to paint 6 Sisters Repentia to the best of my ability if total points pledged and completed for Realm of Chaos is not at least double that pledged of Forces of the Imperium, at the end of ETL III.

Death to the False Emperor!

Semper - first vow is now complete, trying to get stuff together for my second - assuming I can't do Angron, any suggestions for an appropriate replacement?

Leaning towards Khârn - but given there's so much detail and work on it - any way we could make a Chaos Lord that costs more? 

At worst, I'll Khârn it.

Challenge (Penance) Vow:

In a show of association towards the Forces of the Imperium, without which there would be no Renegade Guard; I vow to paint 6 Sisters Repentia to the best of my ability if total points pledged and completed for Realm of Chaos is not at least double that pledged of Forces of the Imperium, at the end of ETL III.

Death to the False Emperor!

:cuss dude shhhhhhhhhhh lol

Leaning towards Khârn - but given there's so much detail and work on it - any way we could make a Chaos Lord that costs more? 

At worst, I'll Khârn it.

daemon primarch angron they did the rules for a few years ago? its still angron at the end of the day haha

Archived