+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

It goes without saying. I want you to build the minis YOU want the way you want them. As long as you do not skip work and in fact you do more I'm perfecrly happy with your aesthetic alteration.

We all know Chaos Lords appreciate the finest things in life... :D

*looks frantically in the English -Greek dictionary for the word "fethgak"*

Semper, I have a question! Absolutely none of the twin-linked boltgun arms look right now that I'm close to finishing my TDA lord's pose (the one I thought would work and, in fact, magnetized for the job now throws the mini's composition off when the finished sword arm is attached, another won't fit into the required pose because the box magazine is too bulky, etc) and I want to give him a combi-melta arm instead, which looks perfect.

Now, because I'm a complete fethgak I neglected to give him a combi-melta when I vowed (idk why, it's right there in the kit) so he should have a TL boltgun by default. I'm not, of course, asking to tack extra points onto my vow by altering it or anything else that would slander the reputation of this fine institution, but what I want to know is: can I give him a purely aesthetic weapon swap to create a more satisfactory pose?

ive got some tiny magnets if you need some?

It goes without saying. I want you to build the minis YOU want the way you want them. As long as you do not skip work and in fact you do more I'm perfecrly happy with your aesthetic alteration.

We all know Chaos Lords appreciate the finest things in life... biggrin.png

*looks frantically in the English -Greek dictionary for the word "fethgak"*

Semper, I think you want the Tanith-Low Gothic dictionary. msn-wink.gif

I'll sooner see the Emperor plugged out of the Golden Throne than the Master of Recruits use Low Gothic! We DAs do what we do in style thank you very much! :P

Let's get some completions during the weekend guys, BTs, DAs and Chaos are all between 13.1k to 13.6k points... This is really close...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Following some needed modifications due to shipping taking a longer time than expected I have completed my first vow, and will complete the items being shipped as part of my third vow brothers.

Here is a shot of the first lot completed.  Picture is a bit rubbish but you get the general idea.  I seem to be able to take better shots at a squad level, start getting into larger force shots and it looks like crap.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/gubnutz/Nurgle/GroupShotvow.jpg

That being said it is time for a second vow to be made

I Gubnutz da Grim answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Ahriman,  9 Thousand Son Chaos Marines including Aspiring Sorceror, and 9 Thousand Son Chaos Space marines including Aspiring Sorceror from Codex Chaos Space Marines of total value 714 on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Brotherhood of the Twisted path and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Some primed shots of the squads.  Will be working on these over the weekend.  Went to LGS today and grabbed seveal pots of Drakenhof Nightshade and a couple pots of P3 Exile Blue, will be my first attempts at blue paint scheme but looking foward to it after painting about 8K of Papa Nurgles Children.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/gubnutz/Thousand%20Sons/1KSonsPrimedgroup1.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/gubnutz/Thousand%20Sons/1KSonsprimedgroup2.jpg

Gub

Completions..? I don't know what those are, but I have the pose finalized;

http://i.imgur.com/fSfZJUC.jpg

Just missing shoulderpads, decorations, and, of course, greenstuff for gaps etc. The painting starts next week!

I'm still mulling over familiar ideas.

Completions..? I don't know what those are, but I have the pose finalized;

http://i.imgur.com/fSfZJUC.jpg

Just missing shoulderpads, decorations, and, of course, greenstuff for gaps etc. The painting starts next week!

I'm still mulling over familiar ideas.

Is that sword from the daemon prince kit? Goes really nice with the Terminator Lord.

It's from the whfb chaos knight kit, but I swapped the small horns on the crossguard out for big gnarly horns from the possessed sprue. It does look quite a bit like the daemon prince swords which is a nice visual link between kits. The finecast sorcerer also has one of those double-pronged dark-tower-of-Barad-Dûr blades on his sword, it's a great aesthetic for chaos imo.

It's from the whfb chaos knight kit, but I swapped the small horns on the crossguard out for big gnarly horns from the possessed sprue. It does look quite a bit like the daemon prince swords which is a nice visual link between kits. The finecast sorcerer also has one of those double-pronged dark-tower-of-Barad-Dûr blades on his sword, it's a great aesthetic for chaos imo.

Looks really nice. I may have to steal that idea! :D

I'll sooner see the Emperor plugged out of the Golden Throne than the Master of Recruits use Low Gothic! We DAs do what we do in style thank you very much! tongue.png

aye, ive never seen a legion turn traitor then back out of it as classy as the DA's

I'll sooner see the Emperor plugged out of the Golden Throne than the Master of Recruits use Low Gothic! We DAs do what we do in style thank you very much! tongue.png

aye, ive never seen a legion turn traitor then back out of it as classy as the DA's
Dark Angels: loyal traitors/traitor loyalists since m31

Btw, about my Soul  Penance Vow to build, paint and mail out 4 Catarphractii and 5 Word Bearers, between Sept and Nov, to those with the highest points;

I lied.

Hey I'm Chaos.

Instead, I'm building and pre-painting their bodies NOW, short of final weapon config, alongside but not part of my Vow 4. And I'm going to send them to folks (if desired) with the highest points in their respective sub-group REGARDLESS of whether Chaos wins or not (which, well, we will anyway).

Get those Vow 2+ in!

14365543592_f6dce6d222_z.jpg

@Kilofix. The Soul Vow is to double your original vows points before the ETL finishes. You talking about the Daemon Pact?

Archived