+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

B&C forums, in thegrim darkness of the 41st milennium there is only... dancing?? o.O

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/614/334/746.jpg

I guess ultramarines are the best dancers too.

So, I just read last years Final Report to get a sense for how much of the 90-odd thousand points pledged is likely to actually get painted (40,000 tops is my guess, and that kinda relies on Steve and Fasha) and there's these little penalty reductions on most of the graphs. What's that about?

Dragonlover

we get penalised for dancing i think

and yes the ultras are good at dancing, they suck at everything else

Better stop dancing and get painting then, you crazy sods!

Also, I have a mild dream that suddenly, this week, everyone who has extant vows completes them and submits, and we gain a crushing lead with five weeks to go. Of course, it's probably for the best that this doesn't happen, because all the other forums will then just redouble their efforts and we'll be left in the dust, but it'd be glorious for that one weekly update.

I'd just like to say, by the way, I've enjoyed this so much I'm already planning next years Vows.

Dragonlover

I should be more than able to revow this week. Should really have been able to 4 weeks ago, but the paint gods left me :D

I vow that I will complete my vow by the end of this week (sunday). Should this not be the case I will paint an additional unit for every day I miss this deadline by!

So, I just read last years Final Report to get a sense for how much of the 90-odd thousand points pledged is likely to actually get painted (40,000 tops is my guess, and that kinda relies on Steve and Fasha) and there's these little penalty reductions on most of the graphs. What's that about?

Dragonlover

I believe those are for people who completed 1+ vows but failed a subsequent one. So the total shows all the points painted for the curious and then those disqualified vows are taken out before determining the winning forum.

Hoping to finish after a marathon session tonight. I'm up to highlighting, then painting weapons and backpacks before gluing them on. Also making some purchases for my next vow, the plans for which I've changed up a bit (I'm leaving a certain mysterious robed wanderer as a reward for if I can finish the next vow prior to July 1st).

Exactly. If you fail iñ your second or any subsequent vow, then all your previously completed vows are nullified and count for nothing. This is a core rule of the ETL - if you want to vow again you'd better be extra sure you'll deliver or all is lost!

It's a fact though that such fails are pretty scarce...

As to what you should expect as a points total, well it all boils down to the factions completion rate. We've seen everything, from mid-30% to high 80%. So there is no hard and fast rule there. Anything goes if the motivation is high enough! :)

Edit: and guys? Stay on topic please... Any more dancing UMs and it's the flamer for you... ;)

Painting this one model has taught me that I suck at painting. Or maybe I need more practice than two models painted total. Either way, I'm persevering onward! Funnily enough, all my fluff for the fluffy part of the Daemonpact event is complete.

Vow No. 3!

I Razblood answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a 10-man unit of CSM with 1 Plasma Pistol, 1 Flamer & 1 Meltagun and all with the mark of SLAANESH from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 190pts on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to SLAANESH and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

med_gallery_39897_5762_1256356.jpg

Two more to go after this :devil:

Klabam! Vow 3 complete for another 540 points!

Check out this post in my showcase for more pics (for example of the scabbard of Cyper's sword)...

Cypher:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/WP_20140615_020_zpseb3c9057.jpg

Be'Lakor

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/WP_20140615_011_zpse52f76c3.jpg

Thanks for all the motivation guys! I totally agree we should finish more vows! It's such a blissful feeling to finish them! thumbsup.gif

VOW number four:

I, Augustus b'Raass, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX III. I vow to complete fromCodex: Chaos Space Marines, the following units with of total value of 300 points on or before August 1st: 1 Forgefiend with Ectoplasma face (200 points) and 1 DV Helbrute (100 points). Success will bring eternal glory to me and to the 47th Company of the Night Lords VIII Legio Astartes, known as the Night's Reapers. We bow to no God. We are terror incarnate. Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140615_0271_zps1e0cad15.jpg[/url]

Should be posting some completed shots of Squad one and Ahriman tomorrow evening.  Need to seal them and add some grass and sort out the bolters but we are in the short rows.  Leaves the second squad and then I am in Vow III territory.  With my goodies having arrived I have that sorted and then we shall see.  I feel that will be going big though and I am pretty excited.  of course I have fully embraced Chaos ADD and am working on Deathguard, TSons, Daemons for both and have a health ydesire to convert and paint Wordbearers.  All in all this has been quite a motivator.  

What do you guys do o motivate once this is over?

Gub

All right so after yesterdays marathon session and a bit of work today I was able to get close enough to my 2k a week goal. Considering I only had the base coat and wash and 5 raptors worth of trim done yesterday morning I'd like to think it was a good come back. I finished the 15 raptors, the changling, the last 6 of my russes (1 vanq, 3 demolisher, 2 LRBT) and the last shadow sword. Total of 1933 points. Just realized this is a pretty terrible picture but I'm too tired to set them back up and take a better one. I'll post a shot of everything I finished so far, as requested,  sometime this week.

10463028_10152498807379467_4454761400636

@ Gubnutz Da Grim: Does Call of Chaos ring a bell? ;)

@ Razblood: Great to see you're coming back for more... I've made a note in the first page for your dedication to Slaanesh but it's far to complicated to depict it in any other manner... Good luck mate!

@ Augustus: Wow! Your certainly keep going there, with completion after completion! Well done mate! Now why don't you take this brilliant mini of yours and come to the Rock to visit? Just tell your fellow traitorous scum not to wait up - this may take a while... *strokes his Blades of Reason*

@ Steve: This is massive mate! Well done indeed - can't wait for the finished vow. LEt me also say that I see a distinct improvement in your style and technique over the ETLs - which is fantastic! Keep it up! smile.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Augustus: Wow! Your certainly keep going there, with completion after completion! Well done mate! Now why don't you take this brilliant mini of yours and come to the Rock to visit? Just tell your fellow traitorous scum not to wait up - this may take a while... *strokes his Blades of Reason*

@ Steve: This is massive mate! Well done indeed - can't wait for the finished vow. LEt me also say that I see a distinct improvement in your style and technique over the ETLs - which is fantastic! Keep it up! smile.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Ha Semper, thanks for the invite but someone else over at the DAs forum has already made a similar invitation. To one 'Room 42'? We here at the Chaos forum all agreed Room 42 sounded like the party over at the enginarium of my warhound, but with boring tour guides. So unfortunately I'll decline. But you are welcome to visit the party! msn-wink.gif

Steve: well done mate! Having just finished my raptors I know how you must feel about the endless trim (I decided to just file away some of it).

I think I just used all my likes on Augustus b'Raass's stuff alone.

Curse you ETL for your goodness.

Apologies for the delay - I promise I'll finish my last things tonight and we'll go from there!

new slaanesh scheme, need to tidy up the purple where i slipped with the metals, then ink and highlight said metal bits and fig out where im goin with the flesh and the guns2014-06-16+14.52.33.jpg

@ Gubnutz Da Grim: Does Call of Chaos ring a bell? msn-wink.gif

It does now. Count me in when this starts up. Might just wait for the Wordbearers to do this, of course I have never done a Slaneesh force either so who knows.

Thanks

i was a slaanesh virgin before the call, it was a... interesting experience... seriously tho i think slaanesh has the most scope for conversions, there is so many ways you can take it, theres the cliche full on 'sex' route, or can go for a more darker path with hellraiser kinda BDSM fetish - pain-pleasure, or a hoard of drugged up maniacs, the only thing holding you back is your own imagination and how good your modeling skills are, ive had some interesting convos with forte on the subject, especially on how to model cultists, now i have bits for a cultist squad that will be more detailed and xrated than my marines :D

come join the dark side, we have rubber cookies and we dance a lot

So, you know how I was worrying about how many Marines per day and all the rest? Turns out I can do 5 guys in three hours or thereabouts. Half of Vow 2 is done.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/40K002.jpg

Dragonlover

Archived