+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

dipping just seems lazy, much respect for the OLD golden daemon winners from years ago, no dip, foundation paints and airbrushes, just raw skill with a brush, and tbh most of the older GD entrys (from the late 80s - early 90s) are miles better than what we see now

Anyway, SEMPER: It has just come to my attention that we're only allowed five vows. I was wondering if I can ADD (not substract) some units to my fourth vow, namely the extra dreadnought (with thunder hammer and plasma cannon - 120pts) and the two landspeeders (counts-as predators with combibolter 2x75=150pts). I'd like to safe my fifth and final vow for units and parts that have yet to arrive through the mail (mostly my Contemptor, my plans for the sold-out Ahriman, and the parts to build my planned Lord of SKulls on legs).

What, seriously? You didn't know about the 5 vows? IS ANYONE READING THE RULES!?!?! tongue.png

Ahem *straightens tie and regains composure*

The vows are set once you make them... It's ok to make some minor tweaks (like the load-out of a Character) but adding entire units? no.gif And in this particular case you'll increase your vow by almost 100%... Sorry mate - need to keep this level for everyone. If I allow you to expand your vow I must do similar concesions to others and that will undermine the 5 vow limit...

Couldn't you just add them to your last vow? Wouldn't you expect the bits to arrive anytime now?

Gubnutz and Akylas: congrats guys on the finishes! The pics are fine - for both of you.

Gub: I love Ahriman - very unique paint scheme which suits him very nicely.

Akylas: Hamet is an awesome mini. Superb kitbash and great pose.

And we're above the BTs!!!! W00t! Keep finishing those vows and continue to revow guys!

Thanks! Finally my inability to commit to a modeling idea helped me, since I was able to cannibalize from 6 different kits for him.

@Akylas,: where are the hooves from for Samet?

@forte: But then it wouldn't be excessivedevil.gif

They're from the possessed set. I was ordering some bitz and picked them up on a whim.

Thanks Akylas.

@Semper, can you give me a ruling on my melted heldrake base, (please forgive me if you did and I just missed it in the mix). It is bent all out of shape and is unusable for the heldrake mounting, do I need it to submit a completion even though painting the base is not necessary?

Thanks Akylas.

@Semper, can you give me a ruling on my melted heldrake base, (please forgive me if you did and I just missed it in the mix). It is bent all out of shape and is unusable for the heldrake mounting, do I need it to submit a completion even though painting the base is not necessary?

wire coathanger bent round at the base to hold it up? whos to say what a base actually counts as

The Possessed kit is great for bits. Odd legs and torsos. Not forgetting the beweaponed extremities msn-wink.gif

ive mixed possessed into normal units so make em a bit sexy, and i used the bits from the fantasy forsaken kit to make possessed, sure im doin things backwards

just stick it to an old cd or something, or on a dread base, still a base at the end of the day

Thanks Akylas.

Must have missed that one... Could you link the post?

Edit: Sorry, I have misread you post... Given the circumstances I'll accept the entry without the base but if you could get one regardless it'll be awesome...

I, Sheesh Mode, scion of the Black Legion and secondary to Khârn the Betrayer vow to kitbash, paint, and base 2,000 points of the following:

1 Helbrute from the Dark Vengeance set

34 Cultists with pistols and clubs 

19 Cultists with autoguns and 2 flame throwers

2 Cultist Champions with shotguns

1 Squad of Chosen consisting of 6 true-scale Plasma wielding models. One of which will be a champion. 

1 Squad of Chosen consisting of 9 true-scale models, 2 with Twin-Lightning Claws, 1 with a Power Fist, 2 with Meltaguns, and 2 others with standard equipment. The champion is armed with a combi-melta, power axe, and boltpistol.

Khârn the Betrayer

1 Landraider with Dozer Blades and Dirge Caster

1 Daemon Possessed Vindicator 

This will all be completed on August 18 2014

The vows are set once you make them... It's ok to make some minor tweaks (like the load-out of a Character) but adding entire units? no.gif And in this particular case you'll increase your vow by almost 100%... Sorry mate - need to keep this level for everyone. If I allow you to expand your vow I must do similar concesions to others and that will undermine the 5 vow limit...

Couldn't you just add them to your last vow? Wouldn't you expect the bits to arrive anytime now?

Copy that, Semper, fair and just ruling. Oh well...

I, Sheesh Mode, scion of the Black Legion and secondary to Khârn the Betrayer vow to kitbash, paint, and base 2,000 points of the following:

1 Helbrute from the Dark Vengeance set

34 Cultists with pistols and clubs

19 Cultists with autoguns and 2 flame throwers

2 Cultist Champions with shotguns

1 Squad of Chosen consisting of 6 true-scale Plasma wielding models. One of which will be a champion.

1 Squad of Chosen consisting of 9 true-scale models, 2 with Twin-Lightning Claws, 1 with a Power Fist, 2 with Meltaguns, and 2 others with standard equipment. The champion is armed with a combi-melta, power axe, and boltpistol.

Khârn the Betrayer

1 Landraider with Dozer Blades and Dirge Caster

1 Daemon Possessed Vindicator

This will all be completed on August 18 2014

That's 17 days too late, Sheesh! The deadline is on August 1st.

ok finished first vow

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN0135_zpsb520c9cc.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN0137_zps05cb0505.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN0022_zps20ebeddb.jpg

now considering this soul vow thingunsure.png

Here's another good tutorial painter for beginner to intermediate Apathetic Fish - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2Wj3xRJPqAAOOsJ5Q6ssQ

He has done quite a few Chaos tuts :)

Was gonna do cleanup and washes tonight, but been ill today and not sure....I'll probably end up doing it anyway :lol:

VERY NICE! Close up please of the Daemon Prince (?) thing in the back!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN0021_zpsdff3cf0c.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN0020_zps55d32555.jpg

cheers DC

Archived