-Power Scourge

Heldrake
-Baleflamer

Havocs (5)
-4x Autocannons

Herald of Khorne

Bloodcrushers (3)

Bloodletters (10)

from Codex: Chaos Daemons and Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value of 1090 on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Legion and Khorne, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Fabius and the Sorcerers

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y441/pointer849/DSC00837_zps6afb3382.jpg

Helbrutes

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y441/pointer849/Helbrutes_zps413bf7ed.jpg

Heldrake

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y441/pointer849/DSC00834_zpsb74bf013.jpg

Havocs

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y441/pointer849/Havocs_zps5e636883.jpg

Various types of Bloodletters

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y441/pointer849/DSC00820_zps25d9d7d8.jpg

On to vow III!

I B E N answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Chaos Lord (still needs to be stripped & repaired)

-Terminator Armour

-2x Lightning Claws

-MoK

Sorcerer (model still needs some conversions)

-Terminator Armour

-Combi-Plas

-Spell Familiar

Warpsmith

5x Chaos Terminators

-Aspiring Champion with lightning claw & chainfist

-4x powerfists

-2x combi-meltas

-1x combi-plas

-1x combi-flamer

-MoK

-IoW

Defiler

Forgefiend

-2x ectoplasm cannons

-face ectoplasm cannon

from Codex: Chaos Daemons and Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value of 1026 on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Legion and Khorne, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y441/pointer849/VowIII_zps52877ce5.jpg

Nice Ben! I like your fabulous bile.  Found some more chaosy dudes afterall huh?

Thanks!

Yeah, birthdays are a wonderful thing for getting new models. I have a couple of the old metal lords lying around to throw into vow IV, but it's pretty much gonna be imperial fist terminators from now on... *coughcough* I of course meant to say Alpha Legion terminators ;)

I Dragonlover answer the E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete 1 Herald of Khorne (55) and a unit of 11 Bloodletters of Khorne with Bloodreaper, Instrument of Chaos and Banner of Blood (145) from Codex Chaos Daemons. In addition, I vow to complete a unit of 5 Raptors with the Mark of Khorne, two meltaguns and a power sword (140) for a total of 340 points before August the first. Success will bring glory to my brothers of the Long War, and failure will doom me to wear the badge of shame until year end.

Here's the first pic:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/IMG_0032.jpg

Dragonlover

Vow 3 done!

med_gallery_39897_5762_589868.jpg

Champion devil.gif

med_gallery_39897_5762_1806997.jpg

Mark of Slaanesh, which is on each marine.

med_gallery_39897_5762_598624.jpg

Better shot of Champ and Special Weapons.

med_gallery_39897_5762_23622.jpg

So there you go, another 190pts in the pot smile.png

I'll be back soon with No. 4 devil.gif

I like the purple you choose, it stands out nicely.

Ran out of silver now, Those planes used up 2 or 3 pots. Got big bird based instead though. But i was hoping to finish the demon engines this weekend.  I'm still hoping to be done with everything by the end of next week or teh worst case by the 1st.

Vow 3 done!

med_gallery_39897_5762_589868.jpg

Champion devil.gif

med_gallery_39897_5762_1806997.jpg

Mark of Slaanesh, which is on each marine.

med_gallery_39897_5762_598624.jpg

Better shot of Champ and Special Weapons.

med_gallery_39897_5762_23622.jpg

So there you go, another 190pts in the pot smile.png

I'll be back soon with No. 4 devil.gif

I like the purple you choose, it stands out nicely.

Cheers, good old Liche Purple & Tentacle Pink. It's one of my favourite colours to paint :)

Not really an update as I have more done, but am too lazy to take a picture and upload it. So here is the Dreadnought with the plasma cannon and scourge I just picked up from the store and Ahriman. I also got an Emperor's Champion as my first distraction, but have not yet painted him (or is he painted and just in need of assembly now whistling.gif). I also bought two more Terminators as I vowed five Iron Warrior Terminators, but accidentally got on an Imperial Fist roll and painted all the remaining Terminators in yellow so I guess two freebies are in order.

http://s18.postimg.org/ww6txh5c9/WIP_01.jpg

So that's all well and good for housekeeping and was the main reason I posted. I still need to strip the Plague Marines and Berserkers and photograph them, but apart from that my entire vow's before pictures are now up. As I said there is more done, but basing is still needed on most of them and I am lazy so a proper update will have to wait. I also did have one other tiny, little, error; I lost count of Bloodthirsters and painted one extra.

Here are the ten I vowed in formation, ready for a game of Fantasy so they get a rank bonus.

http://s8.postimg.org/lkhuho2lx/Rank_and_File.jpg

Now here is the eleventh Bloodthirster.

http://s13.postimg.org/ksur5sr1j/Mini_Thirster.jpg

Cute little guy, isn't he? I shall love him, and squeeze him, and call him George. laugh.png He wasn't really an error; I figured that I'd paint the Mini-thrister (old Space Marine one) up while I was on a roll since there was absolutely nothing I could have squeezed him in to a 40K vow as.

Wow! A lot of progress here! :woot:

Can't give you guys more comments - as much as I 'd love too - gotta run!

Suffice to say Chaos is firmly in second place and the ONLY FACTION in the history of the ETL to have pledged more that 100k! :o

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

had a late night painting session into the wee hours of the morning, just need to tidy up the faces and finish the weapons and banner pole,

10448767_716381471754546_219817846134199

gonna start the daemons later

Its gotta still be AoD in first, they had an 8000 point lead on us in the last update. I reckon we might have closed it to about 6000 points, but that's pure speculation.

Dragonlover

Hey guys, I had a couple quick questions that may or may not be related to a possible third vow.

Just confirming, can a champion have a combi-weapon and a powerweapon (fist or claw to avoid losing out on an attack).

One for Semper regarding ETL rules (also interested in others opinion). If I gave a model a hand flamer and also had a bolter modeled on his backpack would that be an acceptable combi-flamer counts as? I have combi-flamers but wanted to do something a bit different.

Hey guys, I had a couple quick questions that may or may not be related to a possible third vow.

Just confirming, can a champion have a combi-weapon and a powerweapon (fist or claw to avoid losing out on an attack).

One for Semper regarding ETL rules (also interested in others opinion). If I gave a model a hand flamer and also had a bolter modeled on his backpack would that be an acceptable combi-flamer counts as? I have combi-flamers but wanted to do something a bit different.

Yes the champion can but I'd recommend a normal power weapon over a fist or claw or you won't get the +1A from the bolt pistol.

Yeah, I'll be fine with that! :)

gallery_29004_9303_376881.png

gallery_29004_9703_78134.png

Simply post the quote below and make sure by the time the ETLIII has ended that you have completed double your original vow.

Lets show those deluded corpse followers the true power of Chaos!

I offer my soul to the Gods of Chaos right now!

By the time the E Tenebrae Lux challenge ends on August 1st I will double the points I have pledged in my first oath and crush the dogs of the Imperium!

And another look at what you will gain.

THIS IS ONLY TO BE USED WHEN THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN MET:

1. THE ETL HAS FINISHED

2. YOU DOUBLED THE POINTS VALUE OF YOUR ORIGINAL VOW

3. YOU COMPLETED ALL VOWS MADE

gallery_29004_9303_5600.png
(Ignore how the tag looks on a mobile browser. The background is transparent.)

And there may be something for those who displease the Gods!

If the Chaos faction gets ahead of the Angels of Death faction by Sunday 13th of July,

I vow to include Khârn the Betrayer in my 3rd vow.

med_gallery_29004_9523_590972.jpg

If the Chaos faction gets ahead of the Angels of Death faction by Sunday 13th of July,

I vow to include Khârn the Betrayer in my 3rd vow.

med_gallery_29004_9523_590972.jpg

dude, still need to finish the first vow ;)

Are you gonna make Khârn purple forte?

Nope. It'll be a proper Khârn. Red, black, and brass.

But...I have my first and second vows to do first, and we have to get ahead of the AoD faction too.

Archived