+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Hey Capt. Semper,

I was just looking through my Codex planning my next vow and noticed that I actually shortchanged myself on Vow 2 by 15 pts as it's 200 points for 10 zerkers not 185 as I had worked out rolleyes.gif.

Any chance they can be added please?

The idea of a DA dying to a combat familiar seems best. The combat familiar makes a good mockery of a watcher in the dark.

I totally second that!

How about a combat familiar killing a Watcher in the Dark?

Can a Watcher be killed?

Yes the champion can but I'd recommend a normal power weapon over a fist or claw or you won't get the +1A from the bolt pistol.

Thanks. I was thinking they lost their bolt pistol when they get a combiweapon but looking at the codex that isn't the case. Maybe I was thinking of loyalist sergeants? 

In that case it might depend. If I can get a sword/axe in a good pointing "Men, kill things in that direction!" pose I'll likely go that way.

The idea of a DA dying to a combat familiar seems best. The combat familiar makes a good mockery of a watcher in the dark.

I totally second that!

Can a Watcher be killed?

Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise. tongue.png

I vote imperial fist. 

Anyway so my update for last week. Did not get as much done as I wanted due to running out of supplies twice. But that's not to say I'm horribly behind schedule. I think If I'm really productive I can finish this week. Last week I finished 2 vendettas (count as lightnings) 2 hellblades, 2 thunderbolts, and the marauder destroyer. Here is the picture of all of them *edit* forgot the point totoal, it came out to 1425 for last week.

10420268_10152516100639467_8168647789166

and this is bob my heavy bolter gunner

10373513_10152510588844467_4788264520078

And my base for one of my thunderbolts that I really like how it turned out.

10468644_10152510314494467_3474426312715

My last concept scheme, what do you g uys think?

Different. You confident in pulling it off in paint?

The pattern might change from dazzle to a two-shade stripe, but with practice I can pull that off. The question of me using that Warband amonst my four concepts is the real challenge.

I totally second that!

Can a Watcher be killed?

Why don't we let the Combat Familiar find out?

@Steve: Great job man! I love your progress! Will you really be able to finish your vow next week?

Vow 4 devil.gif

I Razblood answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Chaos Lord with The Burning Brand of Skalathrax, The Murder Sword, Sigil of Corruption & a Combat Familiar with the mark of SLAANESH from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 185pts on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to SLAANESH and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

med_gallery_39897_5762_993669.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1151281.jpg

Now the question is - What Chapter is the corpse on the familiar's base from?

Most votes by 12:00pm GMT tomorrow wins biggrin.png

dark angel

I, Teetengee, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines: Helldrake for a total value of 170 points on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to me and the Four Undivided while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end. 

As a penitence vow for every faction that defeats the glory of chaos, I shall paint one force org of ultrasmurfs, although that may have to wait until next ETL.

Pic on sprue

COMPLETE: (other Pics in WIP Blog in sig)

Heldrake Top (800x600)

I, Teetengee, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines the following units for a total value of 770 points on or before August 1st.

186pts Khorne Berzerkers Squad 1: 8 Men, All with chainaxe

217pts Khorne Berzerkers Squad 2: 8 Men, Champion with Power fist and Plasma Pistol, Plasma Pistol

177pts Khorne Berzerkers Squad 3: 8 Men, Icon of wrath

190pts Khorne Berzerkers Squad 4: 8 Men, Champion with Power Fist, One Chainaxe

Success will bring BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year end.

Before Pics

Zerkers Squad 4 (800x600)

Zerkers Squad 3 (800x600)

Zerkers Squad 2 (800x600)

Zerkers Squad 1 (800x600)

He should at least get an Imperial Strongpoint for that one.

I finally started painting my Cypher chosen tonight. I had a little delay when I got distracted putting these guys together. Hopefully it won't be time wasted if I make it to vow 3 tongue.png

gallery_62370_9693_86609.jpg

Oh boy... I did not update for a day and there is an avalanche of posts I had to go through... I hope I got everything right - if not let me know and I will fix it.

You guys are 2k points ahead the BTs and the DAs who are now at equal levels...

@ Razblood: i fixed vow 2 for you, please check it out and confirm it's ok

@ Teetengee: Now that's a Heldrake! Congratulations man - and good luck for your second vow!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Oh, I opened it. And then I thought let's drag a few other things out too. Why not?! It'd be foolish just to vow a Chaos Knight by itself!

I, Chaeron, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines and Codex: Chaos Daemons:

Chaos Terminator Squad Corruptus - 5 Nurgle Terminators with VoTLW, pair of Lightning Claws, Chainfist, Power Fist x2, Reaper Autocannon, Champion with Gift of Mutation and the Icon Of Despair – 280pts

Chaos Terminator Squad Rictus – 5 Nurgle Terminators with VoTLW, Heavy Flamer – 212pts

Chaos Terminator Squad Mortis – 5 Nurgle Terminators with VoTLW, Reaper Autocannon, Power Fist, Chainfist and two Combi-Weapons, Champion with Gift of Mutation. – 267pts

Chaos Terminator Squad Vitiosus – 5 Nurgle Terminators with VoTLW, Reaper Autocannon, pair of Lightning Claws – 234pts

Chaos Terminator Squad Constupro –5 Nurgle Terminators with VoTLW, Reaper Autocannon, lightning claw – 230pts

Chaos Terminator Squad Inficio –5 Nurgle Terminators with VoTLW, Reaper Autocannon, Chainfist, CombiPlasma and Power Fist – 251pts

Grave Wardens - 5 Nurgle Terminators with VoTLW, 4 Combi Weapons and a Heavy Flamer– 232pts

Deathshroud - 5 Nurgle Terminators with VoTLW, 5 Combi Weapons – 227pts

Daemon Prince Chaeron – Mark of Nurgle, Power Armour, Mastery Level 1, Black Mace, Aura of Dark Glory - 265pts

Daemon Prince – Mark of Nurgle, Power Armour, Gift of Mutation, Black Mace, Aura of Dark Glory, Ichor Blood – 255pts

Daemon Prince – Mark of Nurgle, Power Armour, Gift of Mutation, Black Mace, Aura of Dark Glory, Ichor Blood and Wings– 295pts

Two Nurgle Obliterators with VoTLW: 158pts

Typhus – 230pts

Typhus – 230pts

Ahriman – 230pts

Khârn – 160pts

Chaos Knight – 375pts

9 Khorne Terminators with Heavy Flamer and Power Fist, 5 Chainfists and a Combi Flamer – 390pts

...Of total value 4521pts on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Grandfather Nurgle and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Not bad for my 2000th post!

Archived