+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

just gonna eat my selection of yummy reeses chocolates and drink this large can of monster energy drink then ill crack on with painting. 

Those you can keep. That doesn't class as chocolate. And crack on ;)

My brothers, Why the despair?  We are champion of the truth, the chosen warriors of the gods.  Please keep painting, steve is about to be complete with his vow one, but need our support.  For chaos, for brotherhood, for vengeance.  

Exactly!

Despair is what we sow among out enemies!

We have let our most hated enemy get a head start to give them hope.

And hope is the root of despair.

For when we crush the hope of our enemies,

when we claim our rightful first place,

they shall have nothing to cling to except their worst fears.

They will suffer the worst of all emotions: hopelessness.

There shall be no remorse, no forgiveness, nothing shall keep us at bay.

We shall keep our momentum.

We shall paint until we have finished all our vows.

And we shall be the first faction to claim a 100k of total completions.

Man, I still have to come up with, like, a name, and a little back story or something for that thing, don't I?

A back story for the model and its army.

On my own hand, tomorrow is painting day. If I do not finish by tomorrow, then I pledge to $5,000 worth of models(two of which will be Warhounds) in ETL VI and wear the mark of shame and failure until the pledge is made.

Well I got closer tonight.  Brown is laid and ready for the gold to be applied.  Tabards and robes are painted.  I figure maybe 2 hours left on the squad and I will be finished.

In other news my son had started to get an army assembled and will begin painting as well.  named his Ultramarines successor chapter Sons of Dolphus(he is a Dolphins fan) going with Orange blue and Green color scheme.  Proud to have some loyalist to unleash Nurgles love upon right in my own home.

Gub

Exactly!

Despair is what we sow among out enemies!

We have let our most hated enemy get a head start to give them hope.

And hope is the root of despair.

For when we crush the hope of our enemies,

when we claim our rightful first place,

they shall have nothing to cling to except their worst fears.

They will suffer the worst of all emotions: hopelessness.

There shall be no remorse, no forgiveness, nothing shall keep us at bay.

We shall keep our momentum.

We shall paint until we have finished all our vows.

And we shall be the first faction to claim a 100k of total completions.

Big words for a man with an inflammation of tendons in his right thumb. Last night, my thumb started hurting. This morning I woke up with raging pains, couldn't even touch my middle finger with my thumb. Went to the doctor. She told me I have to postpone finishing my fourth vow until I've eaten the contents of both these boxes.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/temporary_zps612dbe53.jpg

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

I was SO close to finishing my vow. I had the whole day to paint.

Not sure if I can include a lot in my fifth vow now. Will finish Soul Vow though! I swear this by my honour and the vindication of Kurze!

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Vow 5, everything left but the kitchen sink :devil:

I Razblood answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete everything below for a total of 1065pts on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to CHAOS and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

5x Chosen - Mark of Slaanesh, Lightning Claws, Power Fist, Power Axe, Combi-Plas : 180

med_gallery_39897_5762_240692.jpg

10x Khorne Berzerkers - 3 Plasma Pistols, 6 Chainaxes (inc Champion) : 268

med_gallery_39897_5762_1803647.jpg

1x Predator - Twin Lascannons, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Havoc Launcher, Dirge Caster : 137

med_gallery_39897_5762_662256.jpg

1x Dark Apostle - Mark of Nurgle, Gift of Mutation (represented by third eye) : 130

med_gallery_39897_5762_1707619.jpg

1x Cypher : 190

med_gallery_39897_5762_1455892.jpg

1x Khârn the Betrayer : 160

med_gallery_39897_5762_595524.jpg

Well there you go, I've got it all planned out just need to wait for it to all go horribly wrong :lol:

Sorry to hear that Augustus... At least the Gods will be satisfied by your suffering - not that you care much about the Gods' feelings... :P

Get well soon mate, there are more Titans out there yet to be painted! ;)

He ran. He ran as fast as he could. But he couldn’t escape It. No matter how far went or how long he ran, It was right behind him. The Song!

Its haunting melody had caused him to forget his name. It caused him to forget many things. Like how he had come to be in a group of people, all running in the same direction, herded by eight red giants with horned skulls on their shoulders and chanting a monotous dirge in some foul tongue. These….. giants, these monsters, these behemoths kept pace with the group of people and would occasionally turn back and shoot someone, seemingly at random. He didn’t know why they did it. Maybe it was to keep the group moving forward. It certainly worked out that way.

He had something in his hands. A… rifle. He thought. He couldn’t be sure. The word slipped around his tongue and it was hard to hold onto, like it wanted to run away from him. It had a flashing red light. It meant something important. Something bad he thought. Low Charge. That’s what the light said. He thought it must be bad.

The Song reverberated in his core. The dirge mitigated its effect on his person, but not by much. He noticed that as he ran, he clutched at a pendant around his neck. He slowed down a little to look at it, as it piqued his curiosity. It was a golden chair. No, that didn’t sound right. A golden throne. Where did he get it? What did it mean? And why did he grasp it as though it was a shield? He looked up to see one of the inhuman guards looking at him, bolter raised. The being saw what he was looking at and seemed to give a small nod of approval, before turning away to talk to his four brethren. He felt like there should have been something else in his hands.

Somehow he got blood on his face. It covered him all over. There was a woman next to him who carried something that looked disturbingly like a child, but was too pulped and bloody to tell. Is that where the blood came from?

They ran. They continued running. At least, he thought they were still running. He didn’t remember stopping. Then again, he didn’t remember starting either. They ran through alleyways past rockcrete brick buildings. Sometimes they ran through the buildings. Flames were everywhere. What had happened? Had they been attacked? Or where they the attackers, forced to flee after being defeated?

The sky was a swirling red-black, swallowing the smoke that rose towards it and drinking in the light of the dying city. The Song was still with him. It seemed, different. He wasn’t sure how though, faster maybe? Or was it louder? The group he was running with seemed smaller. He wasn’t sure why. He only ever remembered there being-

They stopped. Or rather, the giants stopped running and they stopped to keep from running into the giants. Now he knew something was different. He didn’t know what though. Nothing sounded different- That was it! The Song had stopped. The silence was worse than the Song, but suddenly Jon could feel a bit more at ease. Wait, Jon. Jon Towers. That was his name. He was a member of the Royal Fusils, the bodyguards of the Ruling Family. The planet had been attacked by Traitor Marines. It had been strange as the entire vox-network had been taken over by some sort of malignant tech-chant and began to broadcast the Song. Everything went south from there as orbital defenses refused to function, ships began to fall from the sky and even worse, people began to forget. It started with small things like why they entered a room or what they did a few hours ago. But eventually it got so bad that some forgot how to breathe. Those were the lucky ones. The survivors began to change, becoming the things of nightmares.

Then the saviors came. They called themselves the Exorcists and somehow, they were able to keep the worse effects of the Song from taking hold, at least for a little while. He remembered how some had begun to change during the run from the palace to the starport and the Astartes had killed them on the move. He also remembered how one the servants had turned too quickly and had managed to kill the czar-heir in his mother’s arms, spraying blood all over Jon who had been right behind her. He doubled over as he puked. He remembered how monsters in red and stone grey armor had burst from the alleyways and buildings to attack the Exorcists, only to be pushed back again and again, but not before claiming at least one of the Emperor’s Angels as a corpse.

Then, the sky screamed. The Song hadn’t stopped, it had simply paused. And now, It had reached the crescendo. Something burst from the ground underneath one of the three remaining Exorcists, knocking the Angel to its feet and then crushing in its skull with a metal hoof. His brethren turned on the daemon with their bolters, spewing death and fire. It rocked back under the impacts and then seemed to shift. One minute it was there, the next it had moved towards the closest Astartes and had planted its axe firmly into the skull of his attacker. A twist of the wrist and pieces of the body flew in every direction and Jon was drenched in even more blood. It shifted towards Jon and the other civilians next. He leapt out of the way and narrowly avoided the creature’s axe as everyone else died. Apparently, on the ground and covered in fresh blood, he then escaped its notice as it went after the last Exorcist.

It was fascinating as it seemed the creature had been caught in pict-capture, but at the same time seemed to struggle in every direction all at once as the Astartes reached towards it with his hand outstretched in some strange gesture. Then the Exorcist muttered a single word and it was catapulted backwards, crashing into a building. Three grenades were launched through the hole it had made and the explosion brought the building down.

“What was that?” Jon asked.

“That, was Tzarkanis, the warlord who lead the attack on your world. He should be dead now. Come, let us make haste and –“ The Exorcist’s words were cut off as his voice began to gurgle, as though he were drowning. And then he began to rise in the air. It was then Jon saw what was wrong. The creature, Tzarkanis it had been named, had survived the explosion. Its stone-like armor was cracked and destroyed in many places, with blood, oil and something else leaking from it. The face of the creature had been the most mangled as pieces of its skull were showing as the facial muscles of its faceplate – no, its face – spasmed in pain. Its hand had punched into the Exorcist’s back and was grabbing him by the spine.

“You of all people should know better than to give sound to that name, Exorcist. It is the name of Death after all.” The creature spoke, its voice almost singsong in its intonation while sounding of screeching metal and breaking glass wrapped in the screams of dying children.

“Foul creature, you can kill me, but more will follow. It is only a matter of time until - you and your abominable kin - are finally destroyed.”

“You know, I killed a Grey Knight once. They are your forbearers I believer. Do you know how I did it? I ripped out his spine, just like this.” Jon screamed his last, signaling the end of the Song.

+++

Code Level: Vermillion

Sender: [REDACTED}

Received By:[CENSORED]

Attached Documents:[CENSORED BY ORDER OF INQUISITOR {NAME CENSORED FROM RECORDS; HIGHER AUTHORITY CODE REQUIRED}]

My Lord, here is the requested summary on the Bloody Hymn and the referendum for cited historical records and essays.

The Bloody Hymn is a very notorious, yet unknown warband. The earliest recorded mentions are in 632.M36, during a small event known as the “Gideon Revolt”, a minor repercussion of the recently ended Age of Apostasy. As a result, many Imperial authorities believe them to be a Chapter of the Twenty-First, or “Cursed”, Founding. This is highly debated as the most common Astartes seen leading them, Tzarkanis, has been entered into Inquisitorial records[Note: See Attached] as early as M32, although his origins seem to be as mysterious as the Bloody Hymn itself.

Speaking of Tzarkanis, it seems the records are… Misleading. Despite his name pre-dating the Bloody Hymn itself, it seems that the name does not belong to any one individual. Normally it wouldn’t be an uncommon occurrence in a populace the size of the Imperium’s to have more than one individual sharing a name, but for four such individuals to share the same name, and all fourbe Astartes(and Traitor Astartes at that) as well as being seen leading the same warband at different times just within the last four hundred years, well it beggars belief[Note: Refer to the records of the Arcadian Massacre, in which four different and simultaneous planetary assaults were led by Traitor commanders who all claimed to be Tzarkanis]. As such, I must issue the personal belief that the name “Tzarkanis” isn’t a name, but rather a title, a shield for which the leaders and operational commanders of the Bloody Hymn hide their True Names behind.

Continuing on, as I am sure you are aware, the Bloody Hymn are rather notorious for being highly mutated, so much so that it is believed that they feature a high number of Possessed Marines such as the Warband “Beasts of Annihilation” and the Renegade Chapter “Crimson Slaughter”. It is also peculiar to note that they have a certain MO. In the moments before planetary assaults, it is not uncommon for a specific piece of scrapcode commonly referred to as the “Song” to infiltrate our vox networks. In and of itself, it is harmless to our equipment. But to the populace of the planet, the effects have ranged from merely debilitating to simply monstrous. The most common side effect is a mild form of memory manipulation, which simply distracts all but the most strong-willed individuals into doing nothing. In others, this “forced laziness” will result in a lack of will to live, in which the afflicted will pass on quietly as their organs cease to function. In others still, it is not uncommon to increased levels of hyperaggression.

Thankfully and unfortunately, this last side effect seems to only be seen amongst those who are most commonly associated with violence. This however, includes many of our own armed forces, which when combined with the first side effect of memory manipulation; it has resulted in more than one planet’s defenses falling apart due to lack of cohesion.

The most disturbing side effect is that it seems to “hollow out” certain individuals, leaving their bodies to be possessed by daemons of the warp. This appears to affect individuals at random as both cultist warriors and even pious Ecclesiarchs have been seen to fall prey to this possession.

This concludes my summary of what we know. Most of that information is the testimony of survivors, vid recordings, pict images and supposition by some of the Inquisition’s greatest scholars. Attached below are pict-captures of the most common Tzarkanis, the one known as “The Choirmaster”.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/bleachit54/Mobile%20Uploads/D6B1F25B-C49E-45E6-960A-14AEBC149271_zpsyxapprwi.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/bleachit54/Mobile%20Uploads/0F307DD9-6709-4A14-A75C-894E633E538C_zpsltyjav9y.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/bleachit54/Mobile%20Uploads/FC97870C-C842-411D-A2E5-4243B7827DEC_zpspxmwcxfo.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/bleachit54/Mobile%20Uploads/633424F9-1781-42B3-BB7D-3D45B1F22F98_zpskydnhudu.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/bleachit54/Mobile%20Uploads/774F3A93-0A36-4841-9B1F-31C724C99162_zpslotyxxdg.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/bleachit54/Mobile%20Uploads/0B29D1BE-EC99-4B29-B7C6-B5471C7383A9_zpsacnoztta.jpg

I tried cropping the pictures as Forte suggested, unfortunately when I transferred to photbucket, it undid the cropping. So then I cropped it there and it… well you can see how grainy the images are. The metal trim on the legs and the eyes turned out a lot better on my phone, but the transfer to photobucket killed that too. If I have time later, I’ll try to mess with the pictures again to see if I can get the original croppings to upload as those turned out a lot better. But c’est la vie, guess that’s what happens when all you have is a phone camera. Anyway, this is it, my third completed model. And with it is the completion of my ETL and Daemonpact vow. Thanks to everyone for their comments and advice, I did try to apply them as best as I could and I hope to improve by the next time I decide to paint a model. Whenever that happens tongue.png

EDIT: It seems photobucket does not liked cropped images since I can see them cropped in the album, but they're not showing up cropped here. *grumble grumble*

@ Augustus that sucks man hope your on the mend soon.

@ Razblood Glorious vow.

@ Kol Put photobucket in the bucket, its trash. I recommend imgur, super easy and has no bandwidth limits. 

Archived