+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I like it better when everyone saw b'Raass' post and started flipping paint jar lids and twirling paint brushes and knocking little chaoslings out of the way(joking; I hope you wouldn't push your kids out of the way) to get painting. Ah, good times, good times.

When you think, I've only got forty Terminators, three Daemon Princes, a Knight, and four named characters to finish in that time. Should be easy, right?

I .... need to get more Terminators.....

Hey, glad to see you sorted your uploading problems! Your stuff looks awesome, where in the UK will you be?

My vow is complete! Pics'll be up tonight, I'm round a mates at the moment.

Dragonlover

Thanks, and thanks for your help with the photo problems - evidently I've worked out what I was doing wrong!

When I'm back in the UK, I'll be playing at a couple local clubs in Somerset.

Greetings all,

Vow 1 finally completed. I actually finished a few days ago, but have had problems getting the images to upload (Hence the pre/post pics together).

What are the heads used? Both the helmetless and the two helmeted sorcerers I do not recognize...

The Rubrics are Sanguinary Guard heads, with the crests cut off (I can't take credit for this look as I 'borrowed' it from an image I saw online - I can't remember who by, though)

As for the aspiring sorcerers, they come from a Thousand Sons upgrade pack that, I believe, are Russian made and occasionally appear on ebay. They can also be found here:

http://war-forge.com/thousand-sons-marines-upgrade-pack.html

As well as a terminator upgrade pack.

http://war-forge.com/thousand-sons-terminators-upgrade-pack.html

I have to say, I prefer these designs/sculpts to the lacklustre offering from GW.

Now that vow 1 is out of the way, I guess I need to do vow 2!

MyDaemonCallista answers the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vows to complete 

1 Exalted Flamer of Tzeentch @ 50 pts

15 Flamers of Tzeentch @ 345 pts

9 Screamers of Tzeentch @ 225 its

from Codex: Chaos Daemons (+ FAQ), of total value of 620 points, on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Ghosts of Tizca, Thousand Sons and Tzeentch, the Changer of Ways. Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r612/MyDaemonCallista/Exhalted_pre_zps6657c57d.jpg

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r612/MyDaemonCallista/Flamer_pre_zps1364b2af.jpg

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r612/MyDaemonCallista/Screamers_pre_zpsa8149db9.jpg

When you think, I've only got forty Terminators, three Daemon Princes, a Knight, and four named characters to finish in that time. Should be easy, right?

I .... need to get more Terminators.....

You can never have enough. Ever.

WIP so far, just so you know im actually painting. 

10534645_728311307228229_215503243438818

Termies, Possessed, Lord and Csm squad. 

1908366_728311233894903_8246683066344648

More Termies, Havocs minus Champion (models vanished), Dread, Great Unclean One and Beast of Nurgle.

That leaves the Spawn, Nurgle Daemon Prince, Slaanesh Termy Lord and Slaanesh Termy Sorc with Familliar, Nurgle Fly thingys, Rhino, Landraider and Cultists to finish off.

I'm loving the terminators, Slave. I was wondering, how much of that forsaken box was useful for the possessed. I have been debating on picking it up for a 4th unit of possessed.

cheers rayray.

ive used everything apart from the bodes, only because i cant think of anything to do with them. im sure i can squeeze them into my nurgle army somewhere.

as stand alone minis the forsaken are nasty, but the value is in what you can do with other kits, bit pricey though

cheers, though im that sick of lookin at power armour im close to sayin :cuss it and giving up, as im nearly done i think ill have a night of tinkering with some idea for some Inq28 minis and try get some of the hobby enjoyment back, slaanesh pleasure cult here i come :D

Oh tell me about it - it's hard when you want to do all the details and then feel like you're wasting your time. I had to stop myself from actively painting bits that physically can't be seen haha.

Odd but I actually like painting Cultists best cause they're easy. I've painted 28 in Nurgle, 12 in Slaanesh, 20 in Word Bearer and now I'm doing another 10 for my diorama (and 35 Zombies but they're a different thing).

Edit - Pic!

14611697134_ee1354c8d4_z.jpg

I finished my ETL III tribute diorama, and but I didn't permanently glue the main protagonists / antagonists.

So I can now do things like:

Herald of Nurgle says - kill the dirty loyalists:

14673745582_54a2e10e78_z.jpg

Templarnette says - kill the dirty loyalists:

14693948413_33a396efbb_z.jpg

Grey Knight says - kill the heretics:

14487395520_06780d1bc4_z.jpg

Not sure how this fight will go:

14693953953_bd8ed74c12_z.jpg

Archived