+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I haven't forgotten the ETL, I've been (insert plausible excuse here) but I got back to painting this evening:

gallery_53134_7133_10807.jpg

It doesn't look like much but I work up to that orange in four layers, so that's a good evening's worth of work for me. I'm not a rock star painter like some of the folks in this thread! msn-wink.gif

I am way behind schedule, but the complicated stuff is behind me and I believe I can get done. It's just troopers from here on out, so I'll be doing assembly line style painting every other afternoon or so until they're done.

Finished the Keeper of Secrets. And with that, my fifth and last vow.

Keeper of Secrets

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/temporary_zps6eb79290.jpg

Complete Fifth Vow

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/temporary_zps6dccd1c3.jpg

All the miniatures I finished for the ETL III 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/temporary_zps78e60aad.jpg

So I'm done! And just in time, because RL has forced me to move house (guy who'se appartement I'm in got fired and has to move back from Paris) which I'll do next weekend. I might not be online in the week of the finish unfortunately, but perhaps I can get my internet up before the deadline.

Almost there. More colour needed though.

sml_gallery_29004_9523_193915.jpg med_gallery_29004_9523_306278.jpg

sml_gallery_29004_9523_89199.jpg med_gallery_29004_9523_222683.jpg

I'll get the Soul Vow list updated too so everyone knows who's going to be losing their soul to the Eye of Terror.

Forte, what's happening to you? I got to know you as this snail-paced, but high skilled painter. Now you're transforming into this race car and it has me worried. biggrin.png

Not sure about race car. Or do you mean how I've nearly completed two models in one month ;)

Forte, what's happening to you? I got to know you as this snail-paced, but high skilled painter. Now you're transforming into this race car and it has me worried. biggrin.png

Not sure about race car. Or do you mean how I've nearly completed two models in one month msn-wink.gif

Perhaps. I'm not sayin'.

BTW concerning the Soul Vow - Will you be announcing the results on August 1st and if so where (I can;t remember if there was a seperate thread for them or not...)?

Not sure about race car. Or do you mean how I've nearly completed two models in one month msn-wink.gif

Perhaps. I'm not sayin'.

BTW concerning the Soul Vow - Will you be announcing the results on August 1st and if so where (I can;t remember if there was a seperate thread for them or not...)?

I'll announce all Soul Vow results here as they directly relate to people completing ETL vows. I'll also post all the different tags for people to use.

As Augustus is done with his KoS and Forte with his tank; here's my Forte Motivational Vow.

Can't get it to Forte's standard but I hope its an acceptable tribute.

Forte - I'll send it to you as soon as I get a group shot with the mini's I will be doing for the others after the ETL.

14688323384_861a8c0abd_z.jpg

It certainly is. Strange seeing 'the Forté' in model form :tu:

And don't forget if it was me painting to my personal level, I'd hardly got anywhere yet ;)

it is painted to his level, really he gets me to paint everything for him cuz he is crap, that why my vows have suffered biggrin.pngmsn-wink.gif

You promised not to tell. I hate you, hate you, you...you wacko.png blink.png cry.gif censored.gif

Busy days, I have managed to finish 3 units:

10 noise Marines with sonic weapons and Aspiring with power weapon:

wpid-20140719_173210.jpg

10 Noise Marines with bolters and 2 blastmasters and Aspiring Champion:

wpid-20140719_173413.jpg

5 Noise Marines with blastmaster and Aspiring Champion:

wpid-20140719_173707.jpg

Now i have to paint 5 Bikers, Lord, Heldrake, Maulerfiend and Helbrute :D

@ Augustus: An excellent finale of what was an excellent progress through the ETL! Congratulations, you should be rightfully proud of your accomplishments! I sure hope you are around when the final report comes out (Aug 3 most probably). Now do whatever RL has set out for you - you need the rest from the brush! :D

@ Forte: This tank is turning out great! I like the subtle colouring personally, but if you want to add to it you're most welcome!

@  Kilofix: That's Forte on a good day! :P

@ noisemarine: This is looking great! You still have a lot to do - stay focused!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

gallery_29004_9303_376881.png

gallery_29004_9703_78134.png

So here is how the Soul Vow completions are looking so far. Not too many fully complete yet but there is still time. A few still on their first vow which is a little worrying but there are those real life issues that come up.

The four at the bottom of the list are special ones. I hope everyone agrees that even though Steve Shields may not complete his second vow that he still deserves his due to the sheer work he put in and how motivational it was seeing his high quality and quantity churn out.

gallery_29004_6198_90837.jpg

And another look at what you will gain.

THIS IS ONLY TO BE USED WHEN THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN MET:

1. THE ETL HAS FINISHED

2. YOU DOUBLED THE POINTS VALUE OF YOUR ORIGINAL VOW

3. YOU COMPLETED ALL VOWS MADE

gallery_29004_9303_5600.png
(Ignore how the tag looks on a mobile browser. The background is transparent.)

And there may be something for those who displease the Gods!

Keep it up at this level and you'll be done in no time thumbsup.gif

Yes. I feel temptation to add detail to each one of them but I know it is time consuming so no. I will start adding some individual stuff when I finish all minis with purple, golden and silver colours. Tomorrow is gaming day so no painting (I will crush some IG) but Monday I am going to start Maulerfiend.

@ Augustus: An excellent finale of what was an excellent progress through the ETL! Congratulations, you should be rightfully proud of your accomplishments! I sure hope you are around when the final report comes out (Aug 3 most probably). Now do whatever RL has set out for you - you need the rest from the brush! biggrin.png

Thanks Semper! I've only a recently started actually contributing to the BnC forum (before last january, I posted two pics in 2012) and I have to say it's been such a pleasure being part of this community. I've made many friends, enjoyed looking at many superbly inspirational pictures, had tons of laughs, gotten lots of very positive and constructive feedback on my own contributions, and can only hope my contributions have been received similarly by the Frater.

And the ETL has skyrocketed the volume of all these positive experiences. I've had an incredible work-rate. It's a true testimony to the whole BnC forum that we can 'compete' in such a warm, friendly, quirky, supportive and inspirational way. A big shout out to Captain Semper, who tirelessly worked to make the ETL possible. I'm in awe of his ability to stay in touch with all the Frater in the different strategiums, update us every week, keep us all motivated, competitive and have the experience still be fair and fun for all.

THANK YOU AND WELL DONE MATE!!

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

(I posted this here originally, but thought it more appropriate to post it here)

EVERYTHING?? msn-wink.gif

That's a scary thought.

+ + + VOW 2 COMPLETE + + +!!!! eek.gif woot.gif woot.gif

I won't post all the pics but they can be found in my usual threads (click on images in my signature).

Khârn:

med_gallery_29004_9523_126109.jpg med_gallery_29004_9523_315954.jpg

Stormsword 'Soul Flayer' (formerly the 'Extremis'):

med_gallery_29004_9523_682634.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_1097554.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_990345.jpg

Come on all. Not long to go. Lets show those Imperial fools how powerful Chaos is http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Angels_and_Demons/devil5.gif

Well...

@ Augustus: you make me blush... :blush: I'm really happy you enjoyed the ETL - it's the frater's positive response that keep me going and fuels my drive. I sure hope you'll be around next year too... Maybe an opportunity to move away from the NLs? ;)

@ Forte: BEAUTIFUL!!! I mean, that's truly high quality work mate! The Exteremis (or is it SoulFlayer these days?) is really imposing! And Khârn? Great red there. I can't believe you kept him unpainted all these years... Absolutely fantastic work! :tu:

Now, as you saw in the last update Chaos leads by a significant amount (you are know at 57k btw). However the BTs and the DAs are in the high 30s and AoD in the low 40s. Which means that steve is currently your safety margin. Do you want to secure a comfortable lead? You have the resources, utilize them! Let's see first vow completions guys - you still have time to do it! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived