+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Glad to hear that mate. Shame about the vow but like you said, family first. I hope she gets better soon :)

Just finishing up my 5th vow of a Chaos Knight and 2 traitor guard tanks - I know it's in the AM forum but as a fellow Traitor Guard player, when that's finished consider it a dedication to the Dark Gods on behalf of your efforts in this competition and in thanks for the first Daemonic Pact :)

All the best mate.

Alright, between scheduled painting time disappearing under a couple grueling days of obligatory overtime at work, and my hobby attention being pulled elsewhere, it's become more than apparent that I'm not going to get any more painting done this break, so the time has come to call good enough for what it is and cash in the chips on my second vow, before I forget and miss the deadline altogether.  There's final details yet to do at some point in the future, but they're more than tabletop ready, so here's the completed group shot:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z142/Malisteen/etl05_zpsdd499040.jpg

Malisteens 'completed' Vow II: Plaguereaper, counts-as Huron, Black Legion sorcerer with the works, for 1080 points total.

It occurs to me that I left the sorcerer's familiar out of this pic by mistake.  You can find a pic of it painted to tabletop standard in this post.

As for my feud with forte, well, with the above cashed in, I have contributed more points for the chaos boards, so I'm not conceding defeat, but I haven't completed my second vow to the same standard as theirs, so I'm not claiming victory either.  Looks like I'm just going to have to call it a stalemate for now, and let it fester a while.

This probably marks the end of my current 40k kick.  It was fun, and sadly it ended much more abruptly than I had anticipated - I really thought I would have the juice left in me to paint 20 cultists and a couple rhinos in August, but sadly it was not to be.  I just woke up a couple days back, and no longer had it in me.  I'm sure I'll be feeling 40k again before the end of the year, though.  Maybe if FW does that renegades update, and if not then ADB's Abaddon novel is guaranteed to have me back in the spirits by winter break.

Until then, best of luck to all you fellow heretics!  Malisteen out.

okay its late and im tired but my ETL vow is finally done and with a whole day to spare.

lighting is horrible but im sure you can see most of ithttp://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/7A8F4A8F-8501-49E4-A22A-299F4C0C32EC.jpg

noting fancy but im happy, now i jist gotta link this in the chaos forum wooohooo

here we go im pretty sure its here i need to post for it to be official and the gods and semper will be at peace

Better late than never right?  Here are my cultists:

And I have 24 hours right?  I have nothing to do tonight so:

I, Castellan Cato, will answer the call of the ETL III for my second vow and pledge a SOUL VOW of one count-as Necrosious for a total of 160 points.  May the Plague God honor my efforts of damn me to wear the badge of shame until years end.

Vow Complete.

Spawn Finished

I Teetengee, vow to paint the following units from Codex Chaos Space Marines and Codex Chaos Daemons

HQ

Bloodthirster

Bloodthirster

Troops

10 Bloodletters

10 Bloodletters

Fast Attack

2 Chaos Spawn

Elites

10 Khorne Berzerkers

10 Khorne Berzerkers

10 Khorne Berzerkers

12 Khorne Berzerkers

6 Noise marines with Blastmaster, Doom Siren and 5 Sonic blasters (Ik not a legal load out)

9 Thousand Sons

3 Chaos Terminators with Weapons in pics

Troops

20 Chaos Space Marines

10 Chaos Space Marines

10 Chaos Space Marines

10 Chaos Space Marines

20 Cultists with Autoguns

20 Cultists with Autoguns

10 Cultists with Autoguns

Heavy

Chaos Land Raider with all the upgrades (really)

Chaos Land Raider with havoc

Chaos Land Raider with havoc

Maulerfiend with lasher tendrils

For JUST KIDDING points before August 1st. Failure is assured and will do absolutely nothing!!!

Pleasure working with you all. I have med school admissions exams to study for that I take August 1st, so I will check in after the competition is over with you all.

MAY THE SPAWN ABOVE BE A REMINDER OF THE PRICE OF FAILURE.
ONWARDS TO GLORY

TO TERRA

AND TO VICTORY AFTER 10000 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!

I, Noctus Cornix, do hereby make this vow of penance for not completing my vow. Though it may be small, I do vow to build and paint one model representing the enemy faction with the closest amount of points to hours (so whoever wins first if we don't and whoever gets second if we do win) and it will be done shortly after I return from my trip on August 5th.

I know I asked this before, and I can't find the answer now. When is the last day when we are suppose to be done?

August 1st. Check in the rules which there is a link to on page 1 as there is also a time cut off in GMT.

Vow IV done!

I B E N answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:         

Chaos Lord

-Axe of Blind Fury

-MoK

from Codex: Chaos Daemons and Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value of 110 on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Axe Lord

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y441/pointer849/DSC00871_zpsa69b6d36.jpg

And that finishes my ETL III vows!

Thank you Captain for all the work you put into this, and to everyone else: there's been some really great looking models pumped out by everyone, and an amazing turn out.

And here's the full shot of all my vows:

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y441/pointer849/DSC00876_zps640b35ce.jpg

(not the 5k I was planning for, but still proud - there's always next year anyway)

Updated the Soul Vow list. Still 9 outstanding. Maybe Tzeentch has a plan.

Keep at it.

Edit: Make that 8 outstanding (nice one B E N). Hopefully we can get past Khorne's rage.

gallery_29004_9303_376881.png

gallery_29004_9703_78134.png

Currently state of affairs:

Akyla = Complete
Angelus Encarmine = vow 1
Augustus b'Raass = Complete
B E N = Complete
Blackheart
Castilian Cato
Chaeron
daemonclaw = Complete
Dragonlover = Complete
forte = Complete
Gubnutz Da Grim
Hellrender = vow 1
Kilofix = Complete
malisteen = Complete
noctus cornix = vow 1
Razblood = Complete
Scribe of Khorne
SlaveToDarkness = Complete
Teetengee = Complete

It's not happening for me this year. I should have broken my projects down into smaller vows and been more careful, but that sort of thing doesn't impress the dark gods, does it? So, in the game of all or nothing I'm contributing nothing this year, unfortunately. I wish all those who have completed or are close to being complete the very best. The forum has had a good run this go around, and I'm shamed to not have done my part for it.

But, I do feel that I've got more stuff painted that I might not have, so it's not a total loss for me in that respect.

Cheers, y'all.

Motivational and congratulatory replies to my fellow Chaotic Frater:

@STD: Hah! Your 5th is in and the 6K+ is secured! Awesome job mate! :tu:

@Malisteen: Mal, those miniatures are more than tabletop standard -and I feel ridiculous calling that huge-ass tank a 'miniature'. :tu:

@Thamier: WOW nice finish mate! Well done on this timely completion of a very sizable and very welcome vow. :tu

@HsojVvad: Perhaps you should bookmark this link? http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140801T17&p0=%3A&msg=ETL+III+Ends

@Castellan Cato: Nice finish mate and very balsy to make a soul vow on the LAST DAY!!!

@teetengee: Haha fake vows never not funny!

@noctis cornix: GOOD! You deserve to flaggelate! ;) The crusade of tinder and ash is over for us. Your name, like that of abaddon, will be recorded along those of Chaos Lords who led a failed crusade. ;) 

@Akylas: The biker lord is great and more than welcome in the Eye, buddy!

@BEN: Nicely done mate. Good job!

@Steve Shields: Yes. YES. YES!!! Steve, You are an absolute animal. It shows such character that you took the effort to actually finish the vow, even with your RL troubles. :tu:

We're about 66k finished, but much is in the balance still and there at least as much outstanding, plus several frater already having accepted their no-finish. Every point still counts, especially outstanding follow up vows. Steve is doing good, as is chaeron, but theyre not the only ones with large follow up vows outstanding.

Paint my brethren!!! Paint like never before!!!

Just as a current status update: Knight is nearly built, two weapons to go. He will be sprayed at about 7pm tonight, and then I can bosh through him. He's literally the last of everything I need to do. Feels good man.

It's gutting I'm at work today - but I reckon that if I finish him by say... 10pm, I can probably squeeze in another two small vows before bed. It'd be rude of me not to.

Have we heard from Fasha lately?

Dragonlover

Hasn't posted in a month as far as I can see. Hopefully he's furiously painting.

Or perhaps 'panting' might be more appropriate for a flesh hound.

Man stuff it, Im gonna try and finish. 

If i understand right finish line is August 1 1700 gmt. Right now its july 31 0729 gmt. 

Wish me luck. 

You can do it. Everyone can do it.

Except those of you who left it too late: you can't. But pretend you can.

Or paint them as corrupted Black Templars and just spray them black and call them done.

Archived