+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Vow I complete....finally.  While I will not be able to fulfill my soul vow, I'll at least limp across the finish line and contribute a few points.

Argh!  Nothing went according to plan this ETL.  From travel for work to personal and family health issues that trumped painting time; things that could cause delays in my grand painting plan seemed to pop every chance there was.  I'm still not happy with the miniatures but everything has at least 4 layers and an issue with my eyesight is preventing any further detailed work right now.  Bases are unfinished as I'm trying to decide between resin bases or making something using cork.

Captain Semper - Thanks for running the ETL yet again.  It has helped renew my joy in the modeling & painting aspect of the game.

My chaos brothers - I have failed in my soul vow and submit myself for judgement.  What penance shall I perform to make amends?

-AE

OK guys I have updated everything to this point.

@ Chaeron: I'm absolutely fine with the Heralds. However I'm not fine with the Knight - based on the pic you provided it just looks undercoated. Now given the complexity of the model and your skill level as I've seen it here (and cutting you some slack ;)) I will accept the vow minus the 375pts of the Knight. I could ask you to work on it a bit more but I really think that piece requires all the attention you can give it and working under the clock is not the way to do it. So unless the pic I've seen is grossly misleading, I propose we go with the suggestion above - just get the Knight points out. ;)

Let me know if you want another arrangement...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Aww Chaeron, buddy! About the Heralds I was just prodding you in the ribs for sh!ts and giggles, not stabbing you in the back! If they're WAY bigger then great. But dude the Knight!! Get the Knight up!

Less than nine hours to go!

Steve, CONGRATS on the finish first and foremost. I'm proud of your tenacity to finish and pull through, despite RL issues.

But mate you HAVE to post pics BEFORE the deadline or the vow doesn't count!

Edit: Ah, I see you did post them in your thread (woopsie) - links will also suffice.

This is an awesome flurry of completions brothers! Bang on eight hours to go as I type this, and I'm looking forward to seeing more roll in, it'll liven up my shift. Plus, y'know, crush the loyalists under a wave of blood and hatred.

Dragonlover

Have we heard from Fasha lately?

Dragonlover

No, I haven't heard from him in a while.

Well it would seem I have some bad news folks.  Somehow I ended up painting six Flamers during this last 24 hour rush to make up for taking a couple of weeks off completely, which means more free points for the points god.  Several hours ago I also lost all feeling in my right hand and couldn't hold the brush steady either, so I switched hands to finish the vow.  These models are not up to my usual standard, but they are good enough for me.  I also learned that the last metal Juggernauts made me also not want to ever paint that model ever again.  I hate how they came out, but under no circumstance will I ever paint one of those again.  Any repaint, and that is a long shot, will be by someone else.  Heck, those models are lucky I didn't just spray them black and call them Juggernauts of Sigismund or Black Templars Bloodcrushers or something.  Now that being said there is really only one thing left for me to say and that is...

...LIVE FROM NEW YORK, IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

No, actually, it is more along the lines of vow complete.

http://s21.postimg.org/fnd6qod3r/Done_01.jpg

Here is a close up of those Flamers.  I make a special mention of them as I was particularly uncertain about painting them.  I knew I wanted them to look like they were daemons of pure fire, but I did not think I could make them look even halfway decent and left them out because of it.  Instead, I am particularly pleased with them and very happy with the final result.

http://s22.postimg.org/ipo6p5sep/Flamers_01.jpg

http://s27.postimg.org/vj2alc2df/cultist_chan.jpg

Edit for the Edit God: Ah almost forgot!  Now that I have completed a 24 hour (technically 23 hour, 50-somrthing minute) painting flurry and have gotten that all important final picture up securing this measly, and somewhat physically painful, vow for CHAOS I can make my next vow.

ETL 2014 Vow 2: I shall go to bed and get some well deserved rest, not to return here, or likely awakening, until after this ends so as not to get some hair brained idea of painting up a few more models and getting distracted on some shiny thing nearby and thereby making my efforts of this last day all for naught.

Just in case I have to get the whole group shot in here before the deadline here they are on the shelf. I'll get a better shot of them tomorrow after some rest. Maybe even go nuts and put both vows together for the final shot.

10408045_10152602102664467_8750361760625

and the two guys other than angrath not on the shelf

10561596_10152601734219467_6203545482691

OK guys I have updated everything to this point.

@ Chaeron: I'm absolutely fine with the Heralds. However I'm not fine with the Knight - based on the pic you provided it just looks undercoated. Now given the complexity of the model and your skill level as I've seen it here (and cutting you some slack msn-wink.gif) I will accept the vow minus the 375pts of the Knight. I could ask you to work on it a bit more but I really think that piece requires all the attention you can give it and working under the clock is not the way to do it. So unless the pic I've seen is grossly misleading, I propose we go with the suggestion above - just get the Knight points out. msn-wink.gif

Let me know if you want another arrangement...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Apologies if the photos were dire! I've put up a few more now, that hopefully will sway you... I've adjusted the shoulder pads too since the photo - as the paint layer before wasn't dry, and sharpened the colouring on the brazier metal. I can totally see what you mean though - the metal and the stiff highlights really don't pop enough from a mile away, but hopefully you'll like these new angles that actually show that!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/photo21_zps36002dde.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/photo31_zpsf9c45a9a.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/photo4_zps939a0829.jpg

If anyone is wondering why there's a change of colour scheme from my normal - it's because I've tied it into the Legio Mortis. With my inspiration being Dread Wake, as per:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121018195335/warhammer40k/images/c/cc/War_Maniple_Ferrum_Mori.jpg

Let me know what you think Captain - otherwise, we'll work it round that way and go from there. It's not a problem - I have put in effort though, and not just undercoated it :lol:

Vow 5, is also complete:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/photo11_zps0cd3fff1.jpg

And that's me done!

Wow! I see that now - You have to agree though that the original pic was really misleading as it looked plain black... Now it is evident that you put effort in it and that the black armour is worked on to your usuisal skill level.

I'll be happy to award full points for it! :)

My thanks Semper! Delighted to now have completed all five vows and make a solid contribution to our war effort. The list of Nurgle completions is glorious to behold - and the completion rate has been so positive. Well done to all the rabble rousers and people who have pushed everyone else on to superb completions. The standard overall has been immensely high, one of the best I have seen over the past few competitions - so kudos to everyone for raising their game, and in turn, inspiring everyone else.

I will admit a huge sense of pride at completing 7346pts worth of stuff this ETL - and that pales in comparison to what others have actively done too. Steve, Fasha, Augustus, Capitano, Kilofix, Gubnutz, Razblood, daemonclaw, forte... and many, many more (too many to name!), have put in sterling efforts - but even those who have contributed even a hundred points here or there should be immensely proud of what we've achieved as a community, that is often so fractious and bitter. What we may have been dealt Codex-wise has been countered with enthusiasm for models and our favourite faction, which I believe has outstripped the loyalty of any other competitor. 

The rivalries, demagogues and agitators have built a healthy rivalry with many other competitors - which has worked so well. Everyone who has achieved a Soul or Corruption vow too is worthy of praise. Thank you for making this ETL so special and memorable for all involved.

As ever, a huge thank you to Captain Semper: whose tireless efforts can never receive enough praise. I think if there is someone worthy of elevation to a Daemon Prince... it would be him. Our gratitude Semper, always.

Aw man, Chaeron! I almost got wet-eyed. Almost. Ultimate congrats on the finish and with your usual standard. Nice work mate! And thanks for the kinds words. To me, but more importantly to all others. I've run out of likes but your words are so spot on - they reflect exactly how I've felt about the whole ETL. It's certainly brought the whole community closer together. So thanks again Semper!!!!

Hope you have a few week off planned Semper. Must be tough keeping up with all the vows and keeping everyone updated. Hats of to you on yet another well run B&C event :tu:

I like how Semper reminded all the other Strategiums about the deadline being only 5 hrs away, but not ours. He knows we're on top of things. Organized Chaos is where we thrive... thumbsup.gif

Edit: Haha or not. Must've typed my comment while he was busy copy pasting here...

Archived