+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

Got a question for you guys. At the rate I am painting at the moment, I could conceivably finish my fist vow by Monday at the latest. However, my basing stuff is at home, not at uni and here lies the problem I need answering. Here is your choice, I'm happy either way.

1: As the rules state that a vow is 'complete' when I judge it so, I could declare completion without basing, start my next vow (2 more tanks) and base them in my own time when I go home out of competition.

2: Or, I can hang on, wait until I go home and can base to complete the vow but not be able to start a second vow until mid-June when I finish uni.

Obviously both of these options are viable (and as far as I can see do not break any rules - but please correct me if wrong) but I leave it up to you. I guess it just depends on how much the Guard forum will be relying fast progress.

Actually, I already ran into something similar, backordered parts for my first vow. I think they'll let you move on to a subsequent vow, with the caveat that you cannot get credit for a completed vow if a previous vow is failed...so you could move on, as long as you get the bases done by August...look on one of the earlier pages of this thread for the exact response to my similar dilema.

Got a question for you guys. At the rate I am painting at the moment, I could conceivably finish my fist vow by Monday at the latest. However, my basing stuff is at home, not at uni and here lies the problem I need answering. Here is your choice, I'm happy either way.

1: As the rules state that a vow is 'complete' when I judge it so, I could declare completion without basing, start my next vow (2 more tanks) and base them in my own time when I go home out of competition.

2: Or, I can hang on, wait until I go home and can base to complete the vow but not be able to start a second vow until mid-June when I finish uni.

Obviously both of these options are viable (and as far as I can see do not break any rules - but please correct me if wrong) but I leave it up to you. I guess it just depends on how much the Guard forum will be relying fast progress.

What you can do is the following: declare your vow complete - except basing. Then I'll make a note in the first page but you'll be allowed to proceed to your second vow. If however, by the end of the event, you have failed to do the bases then you lose everything. Double or nothing! What say you?

Actually, I already ran into something similar, backordered parts for my first vow. I think they'll let you move on to a subsequent vow, with the caveat that you cannot get credit for a completed vow if a previous vow is failed...so you could move on, as long as you get the bases done by August...look on one of the earlier pages of this thread for the exact response to my similar dilema.

Exactly! I don't want to stall anybody's progress but I also want everything done to the best of ones ability! So you can move on, do your new vows but you need to keep in mind that you have to do the bases or other details (assuming this is something you'd normally do) before the end of the event.

*ahem*

I The Oni of Hindsight answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete;

2 Leman Russ Vanquishers (tank commander, hull lascannons, camo netting, relic plating),

1 Leman Russ Exterminator (hull heavy bolter, sponson heavy bolters),

1 Devil Dog (camo netting),

and 1 Hydra (camo netting) 

from the Codex Astra Militarum of a total value of 741pts on or before August 1st.
Success will bring eternal glory to The Department Munitorium and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

What you can do is the following: declare your vow complete - except basing. Then I'll make a note in the first page but you'll be allowed to proceed to your second vow. If however, by the end of the event, you have failed to do the bases then you lose everything. Double or nothing! What say you?

Exactly! I don't want to stall anybody's progress but I also want everything done to the best of ones ability! So you can move on, do your new vows but you need to keep in mind that you have to do the bases or other details (assuming this is something you'd normally do) before the end of the event.

That sounds perfect! You have a deal. Thanks Captain :)

You're welcome. It's really nicely done smile.png

How did you convert the head? I am sure the one it comes with is bare.

The cap comes as a separate bit except for the peaked bit at the front which is actually sculpted onto the face, so I had to carefully cut it away. After that I picked a Scion helmet and shaved it down so the hat would fit and then (poorly :P ) filled the gaps with Greenstuff.

The sword is from the Scion kit too.

Nice idea! :) I think the face and the sword were part of the reason I did not like the original so well done.

Got to love those Scion Heads. Tempted to get a box or two to count as Veterans in my Traitor Guard, their heads are strangely sinister so it won't take much to fit them in ;)

First-off let me welcome Oni_of_Hindsight in the ETL and the B&C! Welcome and good luck with your (sizeable) vow!

Second ChaplainMikey: WOW! That's a mean conversion there and excusitely painted! Apart from the mask (lost for words there) I really like the camo in the trousers - nice touch! :tu:

OK IG, you are the leading element of the Forces of the Imperium and therefore you carry the high responsibility to lead your faction to new heights of glory! For that you need first and foremost more recruits...

SO BRING IN THE SECOND WAVE! FOR THE EMPEROR OF MANKIND!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Allright, you monkeys!  You want to live forever?  Get in here and vow some painting.   The emprah's finest are getting the pants beat off them.  Angels of death have vowed over 63,000 to our 21,000 points, and a third of our points come from three grey knights players!  Chaos and the unforgiven are also beating us.  Hell, one chaos player has vowed TWICE as many points as the IG forum.  Were it not for the inclusion of GK and SOB, we'd be losing to ONE GUY.  PAINT, PEOPLE, PAINT!!!

Now, I know that a vow made is not a vow kept, but if we want to stay in shouting distance of nillarines and chaos, we gotta earn it.  Now get in there and show them what bog stock humans can do in a world of xenos, witches, and mutants!

I, Cap'm Heckus, also answer the call (for my first time) and vow to paint:

1.  3 Ministorum Priests (1 w/ plasma gun), 90 points

Priests Pre

2.  Veteran Squad w/ demolitions doctrine and 3x meltaguns, 120 points

melta vets Pre

3.  Veteran squad w/ forward sentry doctrine, power weapon, and 3x sniper rifles, 91 points (edited to correct total)

Urban vets Pre

plus 2 more to be determined from the Codex Astra Militarum on or before August 1st.
Success will bring eternal glory to The Department Munitorium and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Hi Cap'm Heckus, good vow there... I work it out to 301pts. Just a couple of things to clarify:

1. The "two more" I assume refer to a future vow.

2. Make sure that both the Forward Sentries and the Demolitions doctrines are properly represented as only things that can be phsically represented will earn you points. So melta bombs and demo charge should be there... (they may already be - can't tell from the pic). ;)

There are some good looking models here. It is nice to see that there are more contenders in this ETL then it was last year.

Just been online ordering a ton ofplasticbiggrin.png for my second vow(even though I haven't begun on my first yet) it is going to be sweet, containing some rare IG metalheads and much more.

So I vowed three Vets with Meltaguns, Am I stuck with the Melats with a SM hand on it or are there a good solution to that. Oh and I'm not willing to purchase the GW set with one Melta and one Plasma at that high price.after all my future vows is going to contain much Meltas and Plasmas.

I, Brother Chaplain Kage, heed the call and hereby vow to complete one Vostroyan Company Command Squad on or before Aug 1

Company Commander w/ power weapon, plasma pistol, carapace armor

4x Veterans w/ vox-caster, regimental standard, medi-pack, plasma gun, carapace armor for all = 153 pts

Master of Ordnance, Officer of the Fleet = 40 pts

Commissar w/ power fist, plasma pistol = 65 pts

Total points = 258

I know the IG forum is low on points, but I tend to work very slow, so I'm starting with a light vow. If it goes quickly, there will definitely be more vows.

-BCK

@ Sviar: I totally agree with you - the IG forum is going from strength to strength! This is to small account due to the enthusiasm of last year's veterans! I think a solid base of IG enthusiasts is being build here!

@ Brother Chaplain Kage: You're in! Good luck with those Vostronians! msn-wink.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I'll be making my first vow this weekend....just haven't had time to get all my stuff together and sorted with working late most days and being busy all of last weekend.

But fear not my fellow commissar's ill shall be pledging plenty of points......gotta get me some super heavy goodness!

First Vow Complete!!! On the agreement that they will be fully based upon my return home from University, but before the competition closes.

Completion Pictures:

Leman Russ: https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/13903371638/

Bullgryns: https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14090030716/

Priest: https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14133261103/

I now make my second Vow. For the Guard Forum!!!

I Dark_Apostle_XVII once again answer the call of E
TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14109917701/

1 Leman Russ Demolisher with Hull Mounted Heavy
Flamer, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, and Camo-Netting – Represented once again by
Daemonic Possession. See face on front of Tank below. (205 Points),

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/13926521357/

1 Bane Wolf, with Heavy Flamer, and Camo-Netting –
this time represented by the protection of the Chaos Gods. See ‘Chaos Iron
Halo’ and Word Bearers book of Dark Rites below. (145),

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14110128332/

from Codex: Astra Militarum of total value 350
Points, on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to my comrades in
the Imperial Guard Forum and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame
until the year-end.

Link is in my Signature.

VERY nice Dark Apostle - verty nice indeed! Love all the rust and corruption that goes on there - especially the tank... Now all you need is the basing! ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived