+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

Important note:
FROM THIS POINT ONWARDS THE BLACK TEMPLARS ARE A FACTION IN THEIR OWN RIGHT. THE REST OF THE ANGELS OF DEATH SUB-FORUMS WILL CONTINUE TO BE CALLED THE ANGELS OF DEATH AND THEY TOO WILL BECOME A FACTION IN THEIR OWN RIGHT.

For more details follow the link above.

Progress Report:

4 Platoon Command Squads complete!  I know it is only 20 guys, but that only leaves 140 to go.  Pics will follow as soon as my phone will get fixed.

Just waiting for the weekend to finish my Command Squad and start my 5 Scions. 

Not painting related but I used my Scions as allies to my Marines tonight. They did alright though my Command Squad were Liquified by a unit of Wracks as they pushed to contest an objective late game. Not the best start to my Guard career. :P

Captain Sox reporting for duty!

I Captain Sox answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux III and vow to complete 1 Infantry Squad,on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory for my yet to be named Imperial Guard Regiment. If I fail, I shall bear the badge of shame for all eternity.

A small vow I know, but hey, This is my very first Imperial Guard / Astra Militarum unit. Trust me, more will follow. Captain Sox will not lead you astray:

10 man unit with Power Weapon, Vox and Flamer. 75 points in total.

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/Odogg242/photo2_zps3874fdc3.jpg

those look more like veterans to me mate! ;) remember, we need every point we can get due to our low pointcost/painted model! ;) either way i hope you've enjoyed building the models since one does not simply start a "small" imperial guard force! there WILL be more... lots more! ;)

What's a Baneblade go for these days, point-wise? I got an unbuilt one.

A hellhammer is 590 with sponsons. If your good with magnets you could make that one model interchangeable for all the variants. Ive been contemplating taking on an octo-blade for a future vow myself. Its a little more work but worth it in the end.

Welcome to the ETL captain sox! Your vow is in. In this phase of the ETL the most important thing is recruitment. What wins in many small vows that actually get done, not supervows (welcome as they are).

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

More comrades rally to the banner - excellent! That's a well loved painting tray Helion, a good omen methinks msn-wink.gif

As has been mentioned every completed vow counts, so no matter how small your part in our crusade will be remembered smile.png I'd also welcome another super-heavy to the roster, tanks being awesome aside they're our big hitters so we need a good ratio to help counter the cheapness of our troopers. I'm still planning on doing my Platoon though but it depends on what tanks I order and when they arrive tongue.png

I want to get this command squad done, then at least one minimum size platoon (command, 2 squads), and after that if there's till time left for another vow, I'll see about a vehicle. I have the Baneblade and its variants, a Shadowsword that's been in the middle of a huge conversion for some time now, and then 4-5 Russ tanks, a Hellhound, a couple Chimeras, etc.

Some updates!

More progress on the standard bearer!  Nailing down the positioning for the standard and new limbs:

http://i.imgur.com/tW2blEb.jpg

Building it back up:

http://i.imgur.com/LCMirPR.jpg

More on the commissar's power fist:

http://i.imgur.com/e5T5R92.jpg

Testing out a figure for the Officer of the Fleet:

http://i.imgur.com/ruDrqLO.jpg

He's going to look a LOT different by the time I'm done with him.

That's some very good sculpting there, your standard bearer is going to look brilliant when he's done. Are you going to be building the fist up some more up on the sleeve? Good use of the Baneblade commander model too, I was thinking of using that head for my Pask conversion until I came up with a different idea for him.

That's some very good sculpting there, your standard bearer is going to look brilliant when he's done.

I hope so. The original figure with the chainsword thrown across his shoulder is probably the only Vostroyan figure I really don't like. I mean, I'd prefer that they all had rebreather masks on, but something about that figure always rubbed me the wrong way so it was a no-brainer when it came time to pick a 'volunteer' to be the new standard bearer. ;)

Are you going to be building the fist up some more up on the sleeve?

I hadn't planned on it at first, but this is the first time I've ever done much in the way of IG and now that I've looked around at other IG with power fists, I see that a lot of them have a cuff of sorts that goes above the elbow so I'll probably add that on soon enough.

Good use of the Baneblade commander model too, I was thinking of using that head for my Pask conversion until I came up with a different idea for him.

I didn't have much to choose from but I think he'll make a decent Naval officer.

This PF Commissar model is a good example, here's mine from ETL II to demonstrate:

gallery_30308_3239_35722.jpg

I think this model is the only one of the previous Commissar models left on the GW store. The CS box set fist is good, but a bit mono pose unless you're handy with a saw. Good for Marine Scout Sergeants though.

Only half a day left of work and then it's painting time! :D

I have one of these guys, but the right arm is missing:

http://i.imgur.com/NgeFZGB.jpg?1

I really wanted to use him, but I really wanted to use the FW Commissars I've had sitting in a box for years as well and I think the scale difference would have been too much.

That's some very good sculpting there

I agree.

Thanks. :) It's taken a stupid amount of time to get decent with that stuff.

I really like the banner, to me it looks like the Holy God Emperor fighting the evil.

Given their history, that sounds about right.

Thanks. smile.png It's taken a stupid amount of time to get decent with that stuff.

It was worth it thumbsup.gif

For those who have recently enlisted why not create a WIP topic here in the IG section? It's a great way to motivate yourself and provide a place to discuss your vow progress in more detail. You find that if you've not updated it recently it gnaws at you and drives you onwards to greater glory msn-wink.gif

Archived