+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

Welcome Ldorte! Good to see another tank added to the war effort, starting small is a good idea as you can better gauge where you're at as the ETL progresses and every little helps! I look forward to seeing your Guard as you paint them up, do you have a colour scheme?

Thanks, grey and copper/brass still working out the finer details though.

Are you suggesting that the Munitorum issued ration packs are insufficient for the task we've set ourselves?

...Because I'd entirely agree. I'll see if I can make some kind of gravy out of corpsestarch.

The local FLGS where I do most of my painting was having stocktake today, unfortunately, so I've not managed any painting since Friday. I'll be in tomorrow, though. Hopefully I'll be able to blast through a decent portion of the Kasrkin. I've basecoated the Hellhammer, and will need to get moving on that soon enough.

Welcome to the trenches Ldorte! Good luck with your vow.

Let me just say the enormous progess the IG forum has made since last year... You guys have 26 recruits so far vs. only 7 last year! And there is still 2.5 weeks of recruitment ahead of us! :o

So keep up this dynamic presence, for including the other Forces of the Imperium you jointly have 39 participants so far - a number totally comparable with the ETL heavyweights. This could be your year, for what I'm seeing there is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

All good gravy is made with the meat juices, from the looks of it we've got a good few meals to make tongue.png

Keep up the war effort everyone, the sooner we get our vows done the better. I've mostly got the details left for my Baneblade now so along with my schedule this week progress may be a little slow but I'm sure I can have it finished soon. As the Captain said we're in with a shot this year, let's make it count! smile.png

Through the Warp to near and far,

To Tallarn, Lethe and Ultramar,

The Emperor points and we obey,

Though the Warp and far away.

Not a vow completion, but a step closer:

Lord Solar Macharius and the four flamer-wielders are done, as is the vox-carrier.

gallery_63428_8145_5575.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_5843.jpggallery_63428_8145_3745.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_6474.jpggallery_63428_8145_8765.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_6264.jpggallery_63428_8145_29897.jpggallery_63428_8145_12382.jpggallery_63428_8145_4530.jpg

Now working on the five HWTs of my vow (3x mortar in one HWS, 1x autocannon and 1x missile launcher for two ISs).

gallery_63428_8145_6382.jpg

oo, had forgotten we were meant to post up work in progresses... Will snap some shots tonight. Progress is soo much slower than I intially was hoping for... might not even get to triple figures at this rate!

those are looking really good Kierdale! keep up the great work, we will overwhelm these armoured gene enhanced freaks with honest guardsmen spirit (and a few tanks)

Excellent work by Kier, the Platoon will be done soon at this rate :)

Don't worry spafe, you only need the before WIP shot and completed picture to properly record a vow. The additional progress WIP shots are optional but we like them so we can keep track of each other's progress and keep morale up. After all seeing the sterling work your comrades are doing only serves to inspire you to get back to your painting :D

another busy weekend ment that i didn't get any painting done this week,and if life continues to be as hectic it might take untill i finish my internship before i find time to relax and get some painting done. we'll see how things go! in the worst case scenario i'll be painting an entire week in july! whistlingW.gif

Excellent progress guys - keep it up!

@ spafe: You are welcome to show as many pics as you like of your WIP. We love to see them and comment on them. However, the ETL only requires the "before" and the "after" picture.

Okay, thanks for the heads up. I've taken these ones now so will psot em, but wont worry myself unduly with taking lots more of the wip shots (if i've got time to take pics its prob better spent weilding a paintbrush!)

Half the crew served weps are done (with others having their 'rust' added in the background before painting begins):

gallery_33656_9593_98262.jpeg

And one guy (tester, rest are to be batch painted) is almost finished bar some touch ups and base being static grassed:

med_gallery_33656_9593_85655.jpegmed_gallery_33656_9593_86845.jpeg

Excellent work to both of you, they look great! :D It's hard to justify not getting some Scions after all I keep seeing. I tell myself I already have lots of the old school gas mask ones and it'd be silly to mix them...

Indeed, it looks like it's been through a few wars and then some! Every completed vow is another mark of glory to our banner, no matter how small :) Time to pick up the pace, I want to finish my single model vow too ;)

Well as the first vow is complete better get started on the second!

I Ldorte answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1 Baneblade with the extras:

1x pintle mounted heavy stubber

1x side sponsons

580pts

It has the old style hellhammer cannon as I couldn't find the standard baneblade cannon in my bits box hope it's ok to pretend it's the standard cannon. I'd count it as a stormsword except it's got a ruddy great demolisher cannon stuck to the front of it lol

Before Image

http://i.imgur.com/kl96tdp.jpg?1

Excellent! Welcome aboard the super-heavy ship, there's plenty of room which is just as well as we need it ;)

Are you going to be filling that empty side plate with a sponson set? If so you'll need to add that to your point total :)

Excellent! Welcome aboard the super-heavy ship, there's plenty of room which is just as well as we need it msn-wink.gif

Are you going to be filling that empty side plate with a sponson set? If so you'll need to add that to your point total smile.png

According to the Imperial Armour: Volume One Second Edition (what a mouthful!) in the included wargear you get the side sponsons in the initial 500 points, it's only if you want to add an ADDITIONAL two side sponsons that you have to pay any extra.

Or am I using the wrong book?

You should use the more recent books, fortunately your vow is identical to mine so you can just copy it:

1 Baneblade

- 1x sponson pair

- 1x pintle heavy stubber

580pts

Update your vow post then get to painting soldier! ;)

Archived