+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

Oi Cap'n Semper...where's me name on the register o' fraters performing ye olde ETL!? 

If Ive not said it before I LionofJudah do hereby oath that I will paint:

1 10 man vet squad 

1 10 man elysian squad

1 set of vendettas

...and 2 laser rapier destroyer array's

and hopefully some AFV's as I am getting burnt out on dudes :)...

will post more as it comes

@ Spafe: some great work there mate... I am a big fun of the bright colours for the IG - it makes me feel we're back in the '90s! :tu:

@ Ldorte: A great tank - excellent weathering mate! Your completion and new vow are registered. Good luck!

@ lionofjudah: Here's how it works: You need to specify the units that you plan to build and add up their total value in terms of points. Then you make a statement (we call it vow) to paint the specified units until August 1st. If you just know the units but you need time to work out the points that's fine, I'll take in your vow on provision that you need to supply the points in the near future. However "some AFVs", "a set of Vendettas" or "something that will surprise me" are not considered accurate enough to constitute an official vow. Therefore please specify the units you intend to pledge (e.g. two Vendettas with [x] upgrades to a total points value of [y]) and your vow will be complete. I have added your vow in the first page so you're able to see it there but you need to edit your linked post to reflect the accurate description of what you intend to paint.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Scatmandoo declare that I shall paint the following units before 1st August or be shamed.

Ccs - Heavy flamer, 2xsniper, meltagun, commander has a bolt pistol, Master of Ordnance. =105

Priest =25

Primaris psyker =50

Veterans - heavy flamer, plasmagun, flamer, sgt has a bolt pistol. Demolitions, =121

To a total of 299 points

Pics to follow tonight and with the demolitions, I have a democharge model but haven't got meltabombs for everyome else, is this ok?

Edit as I was wrong about having a meltagun not painted so chamged to a plasmagun that was left is this ok?

Here is the before pic too.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/20140518_072028.jpg

Huzzah, another soldier enlists for glory! Welcome aboard scatmandoo :D A nice trooper vow too, regarding the meltabombs I'd say they come under the grenade part of WYSIWYG which isn't strict (unless you're a lunatic), as not many people have enough meltabombs for a whole squad. Do you have a couple handy to give to some models? That should be more than enough in my opinion. If not you might be able to beg and scrounge some spares from local Marines players :P

Vow 2: Complete!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14211187683/

*More photos in my own thread.

Great work guys!!! And Ldorte, nice to see some great progress and completions.

*Edit: 3rd Vow made*

I think I have time for another.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14188513122/

I Dark_Apostle_XVII once again answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1 Wyvern, with Hull Mounted Heavy Flamer (65),

from Codex: Astra Militarum of total value 65 Points, on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to my comrades in the Imperial Guard Forum and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Link is in my Signature.

They look great; the red, metals and spikey additions really work. The barrels for the Hellhound I like in particular, well done for producing such great work so quickly, your tanks have me eager to get back to my painting! Well, if I weren't stuck at work that is :P

Very well, I accept your pledge to paint a Baneblade as your last ETL III vow. Sorry what was that? Oh right I didn't see the "tempted" bit... well it's in the system and I can't take it out so you've got to do it now. Admin error, you know how it goes. We're launching an enquiry, lessons have been learnt and were listening to your feedback.

Sorry about that, but hey you get to paint a Baneblade now so it's not all bad right? Got to look at the silver lining, that's an important lesson they don't teach you at uni :P

Hahaha!!! :P

We shall see. I have a traitor Pask Vanquisher and an Aegis to paint for my next vow after completion of the Wyvern, so if I have enough time after that (and the money to buy it as it's never a great time at the end of term) then I may well.

Do you get to use yours much? I was also looking to take a Chaos Knight but did not want to get such an expensive model, to be lovingly converted only to see it on display.

Don't forget 7th Edition really blows the game open, and you can still use your super-heavies and Knights in normal games so long as the points value is high enough. How much you use it is up to you :) That aside painting is enjoyable and you get a cool model at the end of it so that's not bad either, you'd be surprised how many people there are that just collect and don't game.

Very true :)

But then if the poster in WD heralding the arrival of the new edition is anything to go on (assuming there is to be a new starter set), if it contains imperial guard that I would be able to use it may take preference to more tanks if I can only afford or or the other, especially as it will have the updated rules.

Rumour has strongly pointed to Blood Angels and Orks, I don't think we'll ever have Guard in the starter set. It'll always be Marines and something non-Imperial to fight so there is no point factoring that in to your Guard plans sad.png

That's a shame, but I think you may be right - it has been the case since I remember (which was 4th edition I believe, with Marines and Tyranids). Having seen that poster I had hoped it would change though as for snap fit models, the most recent set had some great sculpts. I would have liked to have seen a grizzled looking Veteran Squad I could convert to Chaos or something like that. 

Or better still, though I know it will never happen, but Marines vs Traitor guard would make this edition for me.

Huzzah, another soldier enlists for glory! Welcome aboard scatmandoo :D A nice trooper vow too, regarding the meltabombs I'd say they come under the grenade part of WYSIWYG which isn't strict (unless you're a lunatic), as not many people have enough meltabombs for a whole squad. Do you have a couple handy to give to some models? That should be more than enough in my opinion. If not you might be able to beg and scrounge some spares from local Marines players :P

Thanks, I will try to get them done sharpish and I will try to locate some melta bombs from my marines.

Archived