+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

We're not doing too badly, but the number of infantry pledges is showing. No matter, completed vows is what truly counts smile.png Let's push onwards, I may be on holiday the latter half of next week but I already plan on being part way through my second vow before I go!

Keep up the sterling work everyone and just as importantly don't forget to report in here regularly to see what everyone is up to and let us know what's going on smile.png

Exactly. What matters is completions. And early ones allow for meanigful follow-ups as you'd still have the time...

The IG forum in particular is doing exceptionally well - especially compared to last year! :)

I'd love to do some more tanks after my Platoon but they'll take me some time to paint so I don't know how much time I'll have left after they're done. Hopefully I'll have the time to get a few in, a Pask and Wyvern/Hydra or two would be nice :)

Ahhhh... Thank you gents. I will have to get the new book to add up the points.

I, lionofjudah, vow to add to the IG ETL-

1 CCS with straken, 3 meltas and a medic

1 infantry squad with a grenade launcher and vox, 1 vet squad with harker, 3 plasma guns and a lascannon.

3 mortar teams.

1 6 man storm trooper squad with 2 meltas and a sgt with power axe and melta bombs.

2 vendettas

1 thunderer assault gun

... I will get the points together next week when I start painting:)

I'm assuming the mortars are three teams as a heavy weapons squad? A good vow there lion, I look forward to seeing it painted up :) The Vendettas alone will consume a fair amount of time unless you've already built the models?

I told the Chaos guys that in recognition of my IG roots from which there would be no Renegades; I'll paint 6 Sisters Repentia to the best of my ability if total completed Chaos points are not at least double that of the Forces of the Imperium (IG+AM+GK+SoB). Challenge?

Looking at the pledges so far it's not exactly a risky bet for you is it, given Chaos has over double ours pledged and a significantly larger member base. Just 6 Repentia too, do you have so little faith in your faction? msn-wink.gif Maybe if you made it more worth our while...

Looking at the pledges so far it's not exactly a risky bet for you is it, given Chaos has over double ours pledged and a significantly larger member base. Just 6 Repentia too, do you have so little faith in your faction? msn-wink.gif Maybe if you made it more worth our while...

True - but 2 of our guys are pledging over 10K. So assuming they only have one Vow (that it takes them all the way to Aug to complete), and everyone else with smaller Vows doubles their total with a second+ Vow, then it isn't a stretch for FoI.

Also, I need to have at least one Slaanesh aspect to painting the Repentia, so.....

How about this to sweeten the deal - I'll MAIL the Repentias to the top 6 scoring FoI folks respectively (if they so desire).

There is more to it than that, each Guardsman painted (of which there are a lot smile.png ) is worth considerably less than a Marine and yet easily just as time consuming to paint - or more so. Guard aren't slabs of ceramite after all tongue.png You're also assuming everyone has just as many models and time to vow again, all the while Chaos members will be busy beavering away on their vows and adding more.

I'm not averse to a challenge, but it has to be a fair one and I'm not sure there's a way to calculate it so there's a good shot for each side. Despatching models potentially across the globe is too much though, it could cost you an arm and a leg (and there's no guarantee the tentacle replacements will be any good).

What about if Chaos wins or not? Though I'd have to source something from an army I really despise to make it a proper punishment. Since I'd rather never do anything 40k again than touch a Tau model it'd have to be Eldars.

There is more to it than that, each Guardsman painted (of which there are a lot smile.png ) is worth considerably less than a Marine and yet easily just as time consuming to paint - or more so. Guard aren't slabs of ceramite after all tongue.png You're also assuming everyone has just as many models and time to vow again, all the while Chaos members will be busy beavering away on their vows and adding more.

I'm not averse to a challenge, but it has to be a fair one and I'm not sure there's a way to calculate it so there's a good shot for each side. Despatching models potentially across the globe is too much though, it could cost you an arm and a leg (and there's no guarantee the tentacle replacements will be any good).

What about if Chaos wins or not? Though I'd have to source something from an army I really despise to make it a proper punishment. Since I'd rather never do anything 40k again than touch a Tau model it'd have to be Eldars.

Oh, IG needs a little more encouragement? OK then - I'll consider FoI total points X 2 + 15,000. That puts us head to head at around 72K. Unless that still isn't enough incentive. teehee.gif

And Chaos DOES have enough extra arms and legs to mail little models across the globe!!!

Damn it Ldorte, I'm definitely finishing my Baneblade this weekend just you wait! :P Well done on such a quick job, will you be making a follow up vow?

Aha, seems you don't believe Chaos can win the ETL. Fair enough! What about (Total Points + 15,000) x 2? :P

Wow Ldorte! This is very impressive!!! I really like your style and especially the rust effect... The tracks looks soooo awesome... c'mon get a better pic - we need to enjoy this more...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Yep, and here they are biggrin.png

Vow 2:

Platoon Command Squad

- Boltpistol

- Vox

- Standard

- Flamer x2

Infantry Squad

- Vox

- Grenade Launcher

- Autocannon

Infantry Squad

- Vox

- Grenade Launcher

- Lascannon

206pts

... this one worth considerably less points tongue.png

you meant company command squad and 2 veteran squads right? might as well make our models count for the maximum points if we wish to beat them pesky power armour wearing posterboys! ;)

finished my manticore with camo netting!

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/IMG_20140517_211815_zpsgr1cvrwl.jpg

I call this one "peace through superior firepower"

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/IMG_20140517_211717_zpskmus8v0i.jpg

It's a Platoon tongue.png That's how I've built them and that's what they are. They even have the Platoon standard (which is why I had to sort my own right arm for him). Here in the Guard we do things right smile.png Besides everyone would instantly know because they wouldn't have the red shoulder pads. Everyone reads my army background right? laugh.png

Well done for completing your Manticore and speaking of doing things right if you hadn't put the other picture first I'd be wondering why you'd put a photograph up! That last shot is truly excellent, looks like a Guard assault about to start at dusk with the thunder of guns! biggrin.png

it came to me when i wanted to make a picture from the side. in the picture is my basilisk dubbed warriorfish, 2 of my manicores and the self made earthshaker platforms. only after i took the picture i noticed there was a plane flying perfectly to represend a round fired by the basilisk!

Archived