+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

Vow 2 Complete

Terrible picture as I still can't find a camera that isn't my phone sad.png

http://i.imgur.com/tQaNEDE.jpg?1

I only use my phone, its camera is excellent, then I can even email the pics to myself for uploading...if B&C and flickr were a little more inter-operable, I could eliminate the step of downloading to my desktop from my email and then uploading to B&C, since I can post from the phone directly to flickr...oh, well, it's still a lot better than the old days with a dedicated camera (that wasn't as good as the phone's) with a memory chip that I'd have to remove and plug into the computer for download...

Hello, I'm posting this on behalf of panda squirrel. She is my daughter and is new to 40k and painting minis. She finished her first 2 modelsz. She is vey busy with her high school finals and graduation this week. She will work more and post on her own eventually.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/arizonajirt/lizzie%20etl%203/F306A784-3434-4EAA-9296-1B69C5010BCD_zpstezxnd1p.jpg

If you can see this, thank whatever filthy heathen gods you pray to that you are in a foxhole and therefore unworthy of the attentions of this mighty tank hunter:

gallery_13203_9402_379722.jpg

...then say a little prayer for the big guns behind you!

That's awesome to have a hobby you can do with your daughter.

Thank you. It's pretty awesome. I've been selling and trading off my magic cards, high elves and now trying to get rid of my warmahordes minion army to get her more models. She wants lots of tanks. Thanks to the new ig dex, she can. My Elysian drop troops got nerfed a bit since 6th and the new dex, but the scions will help make up the difference in what I lost.

I have a small wip update on my vow (pic below of 10 more men finished, I have begun the next batch of 14). Sadly due to some change in circumstance my hobby time is down to (if i'm lucky) 45 mins to an hr a week for the forseeable future, so I will be lucy to finish this vow of 50 models, let alone hit my overal gaim of getting the army finished. I will complete my vow, then ask the commisaars permission to lead the next sucide charge into the eye.

Progress:

med_gallery_33656_9593_262423.jpg

Camera phone quality is questionable...

Right...

@ Idlem: If your vow was lost please make it again. As it happens I do not have you registered in my spreadsheet nor in the first page... Once you make it, I'll update my spreadsheet and the first page accorsingly. smile.png

@ march10k: This is a truly awesome angle! Well done - lok forward to see it done! thumbsup.gif

@ David Ravel: No you cannot. You can only vow for one forum. Arizona is displaying his daughter's work.

@ Spafe: Good progress mate - keep going!

OK guys PLEASE CHECK THE FIRST PAGE to see that your status is correctly represented - if not let me know!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I've hit a natural pausing point with my Stormtroopers. I need to base about half of them, and pick up another wash. But once that's done, it'll be a straight ride to the end for them!

I've base-coated my Hellhammer, so with luck I'll be able to get that painted ASAP.

The other models are, however, sitting neglected in the bottom of my paint box, staring mournfully up at me whenever I grab another paint...

Semper,

Panda squirrel has a vow up, she made is quite a while ago, it's up on the first page and has a wip. She doesn't have the ability to post pics right now with her studying for finals, work and about I graduate high school. So be being the good dad I like to think I am, I offered to post her 2 completions so far. If that's an issue, I'll let her know and she can post the pics herself in a few weeks when she is free.

I Raianswer the call of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete  1 Basilisk of total value of 125 points,on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory for the Holy God Emperor. If I fail I will wear the badge of shame util the years end.

This is my first vow.

Still no completion, but two HWTs done:

Autocannon team:

I'm happy with how the scribblescript came out here and there, and the spent shell casing (though where the spotter is kneeling, he'd get slapped in the face with hot brass every time the cannon fires! biggrin.png)

gallery_63428_8145_22641.jpggallery_63428_8145_9466.jpggallery_63428_8145_33103.jpggallery_63428_8145_31044.jpggallery_63428_8145_30601.jpggallery_63428_8145_12173.jpg

Missile....Team Rocket...Rocket team:

gallery_63428_8145_30842.jpggallery_63428_8145_10679.jpggallery_63428_8145_33536.jpggallery_63428_8145_17234.jpg

Kierdale, I love how you bashed up the modern plastic heavy weapons with ancient metal mordians!

Ha! Thanks. When they were available the Mordian HWTs were pricey and now they 're unavailable...

I knew they'd probably be on the way out so I bought about five or so lascannon teams (because the crew were pretty generic: not holding mortar bombs or heavy bolter magazines) and decided to spread the crew about, adding 'normal' Mordians as loaders and carriers. I still have the unused lascannons actually!

@ rai: Welcome to the ETL AND the B&C - good luck with your vow!

@ March10k: That is an impressive pice there... blink.png Well done March - any plans on painting the clear plastic? This has always been my problem back in the day when I sed to do model planes.

@ Kierdale: This is pretty neat! Does is say "Semper" on the rock? cool.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived