+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

Great stuff! Now keep in mind that we are almost half-way there... So let's get the first vows done soon, so there will be enough time for  follow-ups! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@Chaplainmikey

As a person who also likes/plays Killzone, I must say it has really been fun seeing your miniatures. I myself had planed something like this for my Vets. Did you freehand that symbol on the plane? 

@Chaplainmikey

As a person who also likes/plays Killzone, I must say it has really been fun seeing your miniatures. I myself had planed something like this for my Vets. Did you freehand that symbol on the plane? 

Thanks Sviar, really glad you like it. :) 

I did freehand the symbols. I think my freehand is improving and that these ones are decent enough. 

@chaplainmikey: Awesomeness, all of it. You pulled of the Helghan look. Well done, sir. Especially the freehand! thumbsup.gif (and keep it coming, I totally want to see an assembled Helghan force!smile.png)

That's great work! It looks very good, the colour scheme and weathering all come together very well. I don't usually like painted canopies but it is appropriate and looks good here.

Looking at the update it seems we need to keep pushing. As a certain character would say before GW removed him: "it's up to us lads" - we need to complete more vows to get our ratio up!

1 Squad down, should have the rest primed tomorrow and hopefully another 2 squads done by the end of next week.

I have to say it turns out I really don't like painting infantry :(

On a more positive note I may or may not have acquired another baneblade ready for my final vow (providing I get this one done in time hah!)

I did freehand the symbols.

It looks greatthumbsup.gif

On a more positive note I may or may not have acquired another baneblade ready for my final vow (providing I get this one done in time hah!)

That is a positive notesmile.png

Awesome!! I'm looking forward to seeing more. I'm loving the new paint job, fits the Scions so well and the Helghast are so cool. Great free hand too, I was just wondering how you did that symbol.

Could make nice renegade guard too, not ones the fell to chaos per say, just ones who have grown sick of the corpse-emperors rule through fear and turned away from the imperium - on the path to chaos maybe?

The symbol could be that of their planetary governor and therefore replaces the aquila.

My vow should be done by the end of next week. I finished my Hydra a couple days ago, and today finished my Quartermaster Cadre (will post pics in my Road to Astronomi-con thread later this evening). That just leaves a single Ministorum priest (he'll be primed tonight and start on him over the weekend) and the Storm Chimera which is all done but for the weathering.

I won't be able to do a second vow until after I've finished my inquisition stuff for Astronomi-con.

Then I will probably be vowing some Scions. I'm getting some money back from the government this year on my tax return, and I am paranoid that the MT Storm Scions box set will be discontinued soon since it is such a darned good deal (it's almost 25% off buying the models individually).

let's keep the momentum going! afterall this is the imperial guard, who excell at churning out armoured forces and whole regiments of guardsmen!

here's an update from my second vow:

bullgryn unit all but finished but 1 extra bullgryn, and the basing

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/IMG_20140614_125507_zps6nfgbmnn.jpg

and the sabre platforms, of which 1 is finished. god i hate painting normal guardsmen again...

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/IMG_20140614_125237_zpsznjbt10f.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/IMG_20140614_125259_zpsyc7ussam.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/IMG_20140614_125318_zps7kckoaxk.jpg

EDIt: and a PIP demolition team!

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/IMG_20140614_142350_zpsawoqlnhx.jpghttp://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/IMG_20140614_142356_zpshwtqw4yw.jpg

That's great work! It looks very good, the colour scheme and weathering all come together very well. I don't usually like painted canopies but it is appropriate and looks good here.

Looking at the update it seems we need to keep pushing. As a certain character would say before GW removed him: "it's up to us lads" - we need to complete more vows to get our ratio up!

~shrug~  If my vow were finished today, it would spike our point total 33%.  Maybe I should have broken mine into smaller vows so we'd get more credit sooner, albiet in smaller chunks.  I still owe four well-begun stormtroopers, five not-yet-begun stormtroopers, and two chimeras...so...450 points to go on a 1600 point vow...I'm not worried!  And, yes, I'll have a series of up to four smaller follow-on vows...like Yarrick, a primaris psycher, a couple hydras, maybe the last valkyrie and stormtrooper squad that I need for the air cav formation, etc...

Awesome!! I'm looking forward to seeing more. I'm loving the new paint job, fits the Scions so well and the Helghast are so cool. Great free hand too, I was just wondering how you did that symbol.

Could make nice renegade guard too, not ones the fell to chaos per say, just ones who have grown sick of the corpse-emperors rule through fear and turned away from the imperium - on the path to chaos maybe?

The symbol could be that of their planetary governor and therefore replaces the aquila.

That's a great idea but with the allies matrix being what it is now I'll likely play them as loyalists so I can ally in things like Knights and Marines.

Great work everyone!
Hendrik, I particularly like those Sabre platforms. Very good kitbashing!

From me:

First up, work on my two infantry squads.

Their highlights, in a way not entirely dissimilar to their very lives, are quick and rough msn-wink.gif

med_gallery_63428_8145_27567.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_57303.jpg

And melta command squad:

gallery_63428_8145_23631.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_2268.jpggallery_63428_8145_26440.jpg

OK I can see a lot of background work going on and that's great! Do you think there will be some completions before the next update on Thursday?

Keep it up guys!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Excellent work everyone! It was definitely something nice to come back to, keep up the sterling work we'll be cashing a lot of tasty ETL cheques soon! biggrin.png No mercy, no remorse and no stopping until the job is done! Onwards to glory comrades! thumbsup.gif

For my part my busy week has now ended, so once I've finished catching up on things I'll get cracking on my Platoon. Can't be left behind after seeing all this fine work msn-wink.gif

i might be able to finish my entire second vow before thursday, depending on how much time i'll have spare from making new joined hosen/finishing a presentation. the demolition team is nearly finished now, as is most of the griffon so it's mainly the two sabre platforms, 1 ogre and basing left. If i finish it in time I might be able to vow the malcador infernus, but that will depend on when i finish my second vow, considering i'm off to work in denmark and switserland most of july

Archived