+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

Hoorah!! the Cadian 171st are re-inforced. Vow 2 is Complete Captain Semper. This Picture is a group photo of all the armour i vowed. if you need closer ones i can put them here but i am putting them in my WIP update anyhow. 

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-05/20140615_231112.jpg

In response of this success i now vow my 3rd vow of;

one (more) Armoured Sentinel, plasma cannon, searchlight, smoke launchers, hunter killer, = 66 points

and one Wyvern = 65

and here is the before photo

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-05/20140615_231655.jpg

Just thought I would give you guys an update as I have not posted in ages.

2 veterans are finished, 3 more with details left and 5 with all basecoats and a wash. I hate painting infantry - too repetitive and take ages :/

But I am now home from uni so I should have much more time to paint now and I can get those bases done! Target for completion is the end of the week.

And as a taster for my final vow, time depending of course, I hope to vow a as many as possible from the following selection of units:

Company Command Squad,

Basilisk,

Commissar Lord,

Aegis Defence Line,

Heavy Weapon Squad,

Word Bearers 'Imperial' (Daemon) Knight

Oh, and by the way, love that command squad Sox! :)

@ Captain Sox: Well done!!! Congratulation are in order - this is turning out to be a very solid base for your force! :tu:

@ Dark Apostle: Do those bases so I can sleep at night... I'm starting to have marital problems because of them... :P

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Captain Sox: Well done!!! Congratulation are in order - this is turning out to be a very solid base for your force! :tu:

@ Dark Apostle: Do those bases so I can sleep at night... I'm starting to have marital problems because of them... :P

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Did you get my completion of my second vow and my declaration of my 3rd included?

the day is still young and here's what i've finished up!

demolition team:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/IMG_20140617_114602_zps9w4qwl1w.jpg

sabre platforms:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/IMG_20140617_114616_zpsuhdp2it1.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/IMG_20140617_114623_zpsiipghoqp.jpg

only left to do now is 1 complete bullgryn, basing and minor detailing on my griffon. I'm restocking on pencils and paints today (maybe including some weathering powders) so i should be painting a lot this week! maybe a quick third vow (a hydra platform, or the malcador infernus) can be added to the ranks as well?! but first things first! let's get the painting engines of war get chruning!

Just an update on my vow.........i haven't had a chance to do anything due to a new job and trying to sort out sponsorship in Australia so i've been very busy lately but fear not because in two weeks time i'm moving into a new place and (fingers crossed) the sponsorship will be approved.

So once i get my paint station set up and have an airbrush in hand there will be no stopping me......and tanks,lots of big tanksdevil.gif

None of such defeatist talk here Juan! Everyone started out rubbish, and anyone who thinks they have nothing left to learn or improve on is deluded at best. As long as you're going forwards that's all that matters - it's the Guardsman's way no less :D

None of such defeatist talk here Juan! Everyone started out rubbish, and anyone who thinks they have nothing left to learn or improve on is deluded at best. As long as you're going forwards that's all that matters - it's the Guardsman's way no less biggrin.png

This.

My first models were very sketchy. I cringe when I see pictures of them. Just lots of practice plus I REALLY love the new Citadel Line of paints. I found the How to Paint Citadel Miniatures book to be very helpful and it has really taken my painting to new levels.

I HEREBY DECLARE MY VOW COMPLETE!

Munitorum Priest and Storm Chimera:

med_gallery_66537_9465_316557.jpg

Hydra:

med_gallery_66537_9465_52796.jpg

Quartermaster Cadre:

med_gallery_66537_9465_78300.jpg

EDIT: Now, alas, I must take a break from ETL, comrades, to finish Lord Inquisitor Soulis' retinue and their Land Raider which, unfortunately cannot be vowed for ETL sad.png Once they're done (and thus my entire 1500 pts army complete for the 26/27 July tournament) I can perhaps return for a second vow. Maybe another Storm Chimera and a tank. Or some Scions.

Excellent work Nico! Completing your vow too no less, well done indeed :D The tank camouflage is very nice and the little additions you make really complete them, you really have no excuses for not giving us more tanks in the future :P

I look forward to seeing more work on Soulis and friends - not just because it means more ETL models can come afterwards ;)

Archived