+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

Well done Apostle, they look great as I'm sure you're bored of hearing! laugh.png The extra details really make a huge difference over the base models, the chainsword's stripes and plasma scorching etc fit your army. You've either thought very hard about the theme of your force or have a natural talent for it thumbsup.gif

Thanks mate, haha. I always appreciate the compliments though, it keeps me very motivated :D

Thank you so much, that really means a lot.

I did actually spend a lot of time thinking about how I wanted the Scions to look as I wanted them to fit in to my theme whilst having a different look to the rusted 'ordinary' soldiers. Which is how I got to them emulating the Word Bearers they ally with.

However, the main theme of my army, green plasma and stripes were all flashes of inspiration that will be seen across all my infantry. All my army was was originally going to all be painted black and grey but after 1 or 2 models I was so bored of the scheme. Then I just got up one morning and had a eureka moment ;) I'm just glad the thought and inspiration can be reflected so well across the miniatures I'm painting. Starting this army was the beginning of me getting back into the hobby after a year or so out of it so I'm very pleased. Thanks again, and I hope you're feeling a lot better today :)

No problem, we're here to share the hobby after all. I like to watch projects progress, as you say it helps motivate you to press on with yours. It's also good to see well done models as that helps you raise your game :) I'm sure the dice gods will reward the effort you've put in!

I should be back to work tomorrow ok (not that being at work is usually a good thing :P ), I'll see if I can get started on those Hydras in a bit :D

I, WarriorFish, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 2 Hydras from the Imperial Guard of total value 140pts on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Vow 3:
2 Hydras
- hull heavy flamer

140pts

Having now started one of the kits I've realised there's no way I'll get them done before going on holiday next week. I could see it was going to be a bit fiddly with quite a few bits from looking at the model but I underestimated how much so! Plus it always takes a little longer for me to do a kit for the first time as I'm always double checking and dry fitting to make sure I do it properly and in the best way. I've not fully figured it out yet but it looks like most of the gun assembly will have to remain unassembled so I can reach it properly to paint.

I will endeavour to record what I'm doing along the way, as well as how I plan on having them swap between Hydra and Wyvern in case anyone else gets the kit. I'm pleased to have reached my 3rd vow for the first time but I'll need a fourth if I want to breach the 1000pts mark...

Onwards comrades to glory, not one step back! biggrin.png

edit: here's the WIP picture so you don't have to dig around in the WIP topic

gallery_30308_9560_11192.jpg

OK guys - a lot of progress here! I sure hope I updated everything correctly - been out of Athens on business and I could not update for the best part of two days...

On the Cortaez issue - I'm sorry you cannot vow him here - it's more to do with my track keeping (and that's the Guard forum) than anything else...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Sorry for lack of progress guys. Been put on a 3 week physio course last minute and the extra time away is taking its toll. I will have my sentinel and wyvern painted by August though.

made some more progress on the vendetta, untill i tripped the dwarf bronze paint pot all over my shorts.... no more painting for today!

either way, here's the PIP. only weathering and detailing left to do,although that will happen after the 21st when i get back from a big tour through europe with stichting HEI (http://www.stichtinghei.nl/?page_id=914) with whom i'll be doing a mamoth month of tournaments!

either way,enough nagging, on to the pictures!

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/IMG_20140701_221853_zpsn9pcjw1e.jpg

Always remember that in the Guard we only know one direction: forwards for the Emperor! As long as you're continually facing the objective and pressing onwards that's all we ask of you :) Keep up the effort everyone and be careful not to burn out - slow and reliable is how we work so don't knock yourself out ;)

Shameful display! Who'd have thought the SoB and GK would be so weak willed and lacking in faith? furious.gif The Guard will not just hold the line, we will advance it - let our dishonourable "allies" watch our backs as we press forwards to glory. Now by the Throne let's get back to those vows - no comrade left behind!

Still slogging through mud, blood, and a busy work schedule here, though I should have my first vow completed by the end of next week.

Then perhaps a couple of small character vows. I simply don't have time to assemble armour.

Got the last model for my final vow today and should have finished my current vow sometime over the next week!

5th vow depending on time will be 1 Baneblade, 1 Wyvern and 1 Manticore and possibly 1 Chimera if I can find the the missing bits for it :D

Nice one mate! Can't wait to see the Baneblade! smile.png how many points are all your vows together now if you do that lot? Must have hit the 3000 mark.

Will be around 3100-3200 depending on whether I do the chimera and what upgrades get applied to tanks :)

I'm looking forward to doing this baneblade as it was a bay rescue. It's been converted to chaos and due to the nature of the conversion my plan is to do a heavily battle damaged baneblade, which should be fun to do!

Archived