+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

Apologies for my absence, been collecting all of this together for my last (5th) vow. Hopefully it is sizeable enough to inspire the rest of the forum to pick up the pace and continue in our last push.

I Dark_Apostle_XVII answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Pask https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14465028338/ - Pask Left, Leman Russ Right

Leman Russ Eradicator

Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Dozer Blade

Camo Netting - Daemonic Nova reactor - there is a daemonic faced opening in the back and a shovel for replenishing it's radioactive material for use in the cannon. https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14671527263/

Extra Armour

(240)

Leman Russ Battle Tank

Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Dozer Blade

Camo Netting - Daemonic Possession/Protection. Horns sprouting from tank.

(190)

Knight Paladin https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14571148614/

(375)

from Codex: Astra Militarum and Codex: Imperial Knights of total value 805 Points, on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to my comrades in the Imperial Guard Forum and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

*Edit: Photos of missing units added*

@ Dark Apostle: Are you sure mate? If you fail your vow then all is for nothing... :unsure:

@ Arizona: You are the most productive of the IG lot!

Now the rest of you bear in mind that the BAs have overtaken you (by a small margin really) and have a good momentum! You'd better get back on track because I feel procrastination settling in! 

Now let's see some action!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

OOC vow #2

I Arizonajirt answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the below out of competition list from Codex: astra militarum, codex: inquisition, codex grey knights, and Imperial Armour 8 of total value of 921 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to my inquisition force of doom, with no failure or badge of shame, as it is not a vow that counts for anything other than self pride.

inquisitor coteaz 100 

techpriest 40 

techpriest 40 

eversor assassin 130 

callidus assassin 145 

knight commander pask 40 

Elysian Heavy Weapons Squad, heavy bolters 80

elysian Heavy Weapons Squad, mortars 65

Elysian Special weapon squad, 3x sniper rilfes 55 

Elysian Drop sentinel, multimelta, searchlight  51 

Elysian Tauros assault vehicle, grenade launcher 45 

Elysian Tauros assault vehicle, grenade launcher 45 

Elysian tauros venator, TL lascannon, 2x hunter killer missiles 85 

I have finished my vow, but finding time to photograph it is hellish. Actually finished it about a week ago, and had time to move 3 bases from one suface to another since!

Will try to get pics of the enxt couple of days though, scouts honour!

Through the Warp, to near and far,

To Tallarn, Lethe and Ultramar,

The Emperor points and we obey,

Through the Warp and far away.

My first vow is complete.

All together:

gallery_63428_8145_13415.jpg

And close-ups of the units I have not posted so far:

The two infantry squads.

med_gallery_63428_8145_72816.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_20084.jpg

Sergeants.

gallery_63428_8145_6504.jpg

Melta command squad with officer with blade of conquest and tactical auto-reliquary of Tiberius.

gallery_63428_8145_14987.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_42772.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_26686.jpggallery_63428_8145_22835.jpggallery_63428_8145_17301.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_34723.jpggallery_63428_8145_25992.jpgmed_gallery_63428_8145_39240.jpg

And finally the standard bearer.

med_gallery_63428_8145_7572.jpgmed_gallery_63428_8145_10572.jpg

My first vow complete,...

I, Kierdale, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 2 lord commissars, both equipped with the Emperor's Benediction, 1 equipped with a power scourge [power weapon] from the Imperial Guard of total value 155pts on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Vow 2:

1 lord commissar

- Emperor's Benediction (heirloom of conquest bolt pistol)

- Power weapon (scourge)

85pts

1 lord commissar

- Emperor's Benediction (heirloom of conquest bolt pistol)

70pts

If I fail to complete all my vows I will assemble and paint a statue of the blessed Father Kierdale...desecrated.

WIP thread is the same as my first vow.

Initial images:

gallery_63428_8145_36952.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_32736.jpg

I see momentum picking up! You guys managed to break the 10k threashhold!

@ spafe: I have recorded your completion but noted that the pics are pending. When you do take the pics edit them in your post above and let me know so I remove the note. If you do not provide the pics by the end of the event the vow will be nullified!

@ Kierdale: This is fantastic! :o The banner especially! Wow! This is an inspirational army you built for yourself there and you should rightly be proud! And a brave thing to move to a second vow too! Good luck! :tu:

@ March 10k: Niiice! Look forward for that Valkyrie though! ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Probably, but I am cool with that. Word Bearers CSM are my main army and my traitor guard and knight are very much themed around them - as I'm sure my name suggests. Therefore, it's only fitting I'm more of a traitor as I am one on the first heretics ;) I'm surprised no one has noticed my blatant chaos stuff throughout this, I'm on vow 5 now.

Saying that though, I have only been here a year and the guys in this forum have been so great in encouraging my progress with this army I wanted to support them all back in the ETL with my contributions. And to be fair, there is a guy in the chaos forum who painted a company of grey knights as counts as chaos terminators - that's probably as heretical as you can get ;)

Bowing to heresy to gain favour in a competition gains no favour with the Emperor! :P

It's an excellent army, and as a player of Traitor Guard of a different flavour, I'm fairly jealous of your paint work so far.

Archived