+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

Excellent work baz! I'm out of likes already :P I love the scheme, it looks really good so I hope you'll be adding more to your Guard soon. For now though take a well earned rest, you've done your bit for the cause and should be proud :D

5th Vow: Complete!

Already posted completion pictures of the Knight and Eradicator so I won't re-post those but here is the completed Battle Tank to round off my last vow.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/122948524@N05/14793138992/

And finally, just to bring my first ever ETL to a close, a group shot of everything I have painted this competition: 2 Battle Tanks, 1 Vanquisher, 1 Eradicator, 1 Demolisher, 1 Wyvern, 1 Bane Wolf, 3 Bullgryns, 1 Priest, 1 Veteran Squad and an Imperial Knight.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/122948524@N05/14606836709/

*Ignore the Demolisher Dozer Blade, was added in out of competition after completion of that Vow as I did not have it at the time of painting.

Doesn't look like much in the photo compared to some of the monster vows this year but hopefully next year I'll have more time to get more done.

I'm pleased with my contributions this first time though so it's all good. I'll be sure to check back in over the next few days to see how everyone else has done.

Well done for such a sterling effort, you should be more than just pleased with what you have done :D The group shot is great as that's a lot of plastic together - models look better the more there are and this is especially true of Guard (and Guard tanks). I hope to see more of your army soon :)

Thanks mate! I guess I am, a little drained from the heat and non stop painting this last week but I'm very very happy with what I have done these last few months. Been really good to have the motivation of the ETL to buy more stuff I Iike/actually finish it instead of getting sidetracked after washing as well as all the compliments that keep me going :D

Thanks, really wanted to see everything I had done all together. It really shows just how much I got done in what is actually quite a small amount of time which makes me look forward to next year and gives me a target to beat.

Thanks, I'm thinking of starting a thread in the Forge: WIP section that includes these guys alongside some fluff I have been writing for them recently and my other Chaos projects as one big log of evil ;) it was suggested by KrautScientist after seeing my Knight and wanting to see my other work (he thought the Forge section would be good as more people see it than the individual forums - especially since my traitor guard got moved from here and no one looks at the renegades part it's in now). Should be up within a week or so please do check that out and it will be filled with my other work while showcasing my ETL projects.

Fantastic effort guys - a lot inspirational stuff here! 

Now as the deadline approaches make sure you finish any outstanding vows - that goes to WarriorFish and Ldorte who are the only two guys who have subsequent outstanding vows!

PLEASE CHECK THE FIRAT PAGE TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS CORRECT AND CONTACT ME IF THERE IS A DISCREPANCY

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Dark_Apostle and Ldorte, AMAZING work! The sight of all those tanks gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside! Apostle, that is an awesome colour scheme, and the knight looks boss. I need to finish mine. Ldorte, those tanks are rust-tastic! Your entire vow is a sight to behold! (I feel so inadequate right now) laugh.png

Keep them vows comin' boys and girls!

Well said sox, I almost knocked my new Hydra off the desk after seeing that! laugh.png It's been a long week and I had to battle through a headache tonight but with the Emperor's blessings I finished Hydra 2 and declare my 3rd and final ETL III vow complete:

gallery_30308_9560_82208.jpg

To make Semper's life a little easier here's the first Hydra again:

gallery_30308_9560_49933.jpg

It's been a tough journey at times, and I'm sure I'll need to spend some time over the weekend touching up the Hydras but it's been worth it. I'll try to get some decent pictures too :lol:

Through the Warp, to near and far,
To Tallarn, Lethe and Ultramar,
The Emperor points and we obey,
Through the Warp and far away.

TWO superheavies?  That's monstrous...good job!  Makes me think about an unbound list with three of them...roughly 30 weapons, all independently targetable, none of them at risk of being destroyed until you lose 10 at a time in a cataclysmic explosion...pure death, lol.

Alright - tremendous effort everybody! 

With Ldorte's monstrous completion and WarriorFish's beautiful Hydra the IG has really excelled in having no outstanding vows after the first! Congratulations to all - the IG forum should be rightly proud for all the fantastic  effort those past three months!

But it's not over yet!

There are still some first vows that remain incomplete and there is still time! Will there be a last minute addition to the IG forces? Let's see!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

What are the chances of 100% completion this year? Is it possible?

Not sure who is left or if anyone has had to back out early yet but fingers crossed everyone will come through.

Thank you all for your hard work this year though, been a pleasure spending my first ETL here with the guard. And thank you Semper, once again you have worked very hard to put this all together for us and it's greatly appreciated. I don't think I would have got all that painted without the ETL.

Archived