+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Demon2027 I will take that Asa compliment!

MordentHex I certainly hope my Praetor is doing his job... You know... Scaring people!

Helter I hate you for having a Sicaran, I want one bad! Cannot wait to see it done! Is that a Moritat you are painting up?

I need to get one, but I want a Spartan Assault Tank as well...  But I can only has one!!!

Anyway, vow #1 complete!  See my thread in the WIP section for a little closer pics.

10299144_10154148301480249_4470910394420

So here we goooooo!

I, Armond, proud member of the Horus Hersy forum vow to complete the following units of total value 630 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Eighth Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Master of Signal @110pts

-Artificer Armor

-Refractor Shield

-M. Bombs

Heavy Support Squad @300pts

-10 total members

-Auto Cannons

-Sgt w/Artificer Armor, Augury Scanner, and M. Bombs

Contemptor Dreadnought @220pts

-Kheres Assault Cannon

-DCCW/Plasma Blaster

-Extra Armor

Total: 630pts

1001971_10154148301375249_24253165499448

Ave Dominus Nox!!!  In midnight clad we stand!

I've a 2,500 point heresy tournament on June 14th, and I'm desperately slogging away through the swamps of madness to get the XIV ready for war.  To that end, this is what still needs to be completed.

I, Brother Sanvael, proud member of the Horus Heresy forum vow to complete the following units of total value 1,870 points on or before August 1st. Success will demonstrate the tenacity and perseverance of the Fourteenth Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Calas Typhon, 200

3 Rapier Laser destroyers, 165

2 Apothecaries, 100

1 20 man Tactical squad, 280

1 20 man Breacher squad, 345

1 10 man Autocannon squad, 290

1 10 man Volkite Culverin squad, 340

1 3 battery Tarantula Hyperios, 150

Total 1,870

1001971_10154148301375249_24253165499448

Ave Dominus Nox!!!  In midnight clad we stand!

My, what pretty cannons you have. A shame they're all gonna die screaming.....

:P (Good job on the vow, brother.)

My, what pretty cannons you have. A shame they're all gonna die screaming.....

tongue.png (Good job on the vow, brother.)

I hate you... I hope they don't die screaming, I would like to see what they can do for a turn using the Master of Signal!

I am already eyeing vow #3... Looks like it might be 9-man terror squad; 7 Volkites, a Heavy Chainsword (because it looks brutal), and the Sarge with Chainglaive. Mishmash of all kinds of bits, even a few MkVI pieces and a couple "MKV" pieces. So the terror squad plus a unit of 5 Cataphractii Terminators, and maybe the Javelin(unless I save that guy for my vow with the 6 Scimitar Jet Bikes).

Goin to start assembling th following while painting my second vow, of course thi is subject to changes an all

ETL Vow #3

Terminator Squad

-5 members

-teleportation Transponder

-Sgt w/grenade harness, pair Lightning Claws, 

-1 x Heavy Flamer, Lightning Claw

-2 x Powerfists, combi-bolter

-1 x Chainfist, combi-bolter

Total: 250 pts

Terror Squad

-9 members

-Sgt w/Artificer Armor, Nostraman Chainglaive, Melta Bomb, 

-7 x Volkite Charger

-1 x Heavy Chainsword

Total: 255 pts

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder

-twin-linked lascannons

-Multi-Melta

Total: 95 pts

Thoughts on the equipment? I may change the heavy flames for the twin linked autocannon. Yes, I want lightning claws because they fit what I picture Nightlords. Of course I could equip the Sarge with a heavily converted chainglaive and change the guy with the wavy weapon tithe dual lightning claw guy? Argh! Choices!

Total:600 pts

@ Battle8rother: Good to see you again - it's refreshing to see the Veterans return. Good luck!

@ Brother Sanvael: Glory to the XIV! Good luck with your (hefty) vow! :tu:

@ Armond: I think your choice to avoid red is really paying off... Even the helmet wings look pretty scary in this colour (I usually gind them... less than scary, if you know waht I mean :)) BTW congratulations on your completion - the first in the HH camp!!! Your new (second) vow is registered so good luck with it! However your third vow cannot be officially submitted before your previous vow is declared complete. Feel free to discuss it here all you want - decide on the load-outs and the exact consistency but it will not become official before you declare your second vow complete.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Roger that captain! I was totally aware of finishing vow 2 before vow 3 can even be started. I just wanted to strategize with the forum and see what they thought and all. I just want to work out something viable for an army list as well as something worth painting.

Woooooooot! First one to finish a vow in the forum, of course it was a rather small vow to begin with, but I am happy to contribute!

To me red is almost cartoony if overdone, which happens a lot in Night Lords, especially with the huge winged helmets! Maybe if someone used a much darker red and ot a bright almost cherry red it would look better to me. Glad you like my direction!

Keep going everyone!

Roger that captain! I was totally aware of finishing vow 2 before vow 3 can even be started. I just wanted to strategize with the forum and see what they thought and all. I just want to work out something viable for an army list as well as something worth painting.

Woooooooot! First one to finish a vow in the forum, of course it was a rather small vow to begin with, but I am happy to contribute!

To me red is almost cartoony if overdone, which happens a lot in Night Lords, especially with the huge winged helmets! Maybe if someone used a much darker red and ot a bright almost cherry red it would look better to me. Glad you like my direction!

Keep going everyone!

Time for me to step up to be counted and for my 1st vow I'm going to bring the proper Wolves to the HH forum for the honour of the 6th Legion.  Planning on at least 4 vows if all goes to plan there will be a 2nd containing RG, 3rd containing IH's and a 4th Traitors loyal or not.  If I get time for a 5th vow then we'll have to see what happens ...

I, SW1 of the Horus Heresy Forum vow to complete:

Legion Praetor - Master-crafted Paragon Blade, Iron Halo  ... 165pts

(I'll use the Ragnar model for this)

Legion Centurion Librarian - lvl 1 (mini level allowed), Force Stave, Artificer Armour, Combat Shield ... 110pts

(I'll use the Njal model for this)

Legion Centurion Forge Lord - Servo-arm, Artificer Armour, Rad Grenades, Master-crafted Bolter, Thunder Hammer, Cyber-familiar ... 130pts

Legion Seeker Squad (5 man) ... Nuncio-vox, 5 Combi-plas, Power Weapon ... 245pts

Legion Seeker Squad (5 man) ... Nuncio-vox, 5 Combi-melta, Power Weapon ... 245pts

Legion Heavy Support Squad (5 man) ... Artificer Armour, Nuncio-vox, Power Weapon, Augury Scanner, 4 Missile Launchers with Flak Missiles ...  230pts

Total 1125 points

Should i fail, I will wear the badge of shame, as long as my legion Brothers see fit.

I'l get some pics up as I build them.

Good job Armond, and already planning your 3rd vow.

Good luck with the vows guys.

I didnt do any more work on mine yesterday. Did make a test model for some Night Lords though. And one for Word Bearers....

daily reminder that Perturabo does not care whence the blood flows...

http://i.imgur.com/K482UBTl.jpg

- Perturabo wielding Forgebreaker (490)

- Praetor with Master-Crafted Paragon Blade, Plasma Pistol, Iron Halo (180)

- Forgelord Centurion with Conversion Beamer and Cortex Controller (135)

- Legion Command Squad: 5 Chosen with 2 Power Weapons, Power fist, Pair of Lightning Claws (205)

- Apothecary with Artificer Armor, Power Sword (65)

- Legion Dreadnought Talon: 3 Dreadnoughts with Flamestorm Cannon, Plasma Cannon, 2x Chainfist (170)

- Contemptor Dreadnought with add. DCCW (210)

- Legion Tactical Squad: 20 Marines, incl. Vexilla, Vox, Sergeant with PF, AA, Combi-Flamer (305)

- 2x Tarantula Hyperios Battery (100)

- Iron Havoc Support Squad with Autocannons (185)

- Legion Artillery Tank Squadron: 2 Medusae (310)

- 3 Thallaxii (135)

- Magos Prime Ordinator with Cortex Controller, Cyber-familiar, Machinator Array (185)

- 10 Adsecularis Tech-Thralls, Revenant alchemistry, Carapace Armor, Rite of Pure Thought (95)

- 20 Adsecularis Tech-Thralls, Revenant alchemistry, Rite of Pure Thought (105)

- 3 Ursarax (155)

- 3 Myrmidon Destructors with various weapons (225)

I, Uvenla, Archmagos Primus of the Taghmata Ferrum Fortis, shall answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete:

1x Magos Dominus - Augury Scanner, Master-crafted Volkite Serpenta, Machinator Array, Abeyant = 130pts

20x Adsecularis Covenant - Revenant Alchemistry, Carapace Armour, Mitralocks = 110pts

20x Adsecularis Covenant - Revenant Alchemistry, Induction Chargers, Laslocks = 105pts

6x Thallax Cohort - 2x Photon Thruster = 305pts

1x Castellax Battle Automata - 1x Power Blades, Multimelta = 95pts

1x Krios Battle Tank Squadron = 125pts

1x Questoris Knight Errant = 375pts

Total = 1245pts

That is all, for now.

10277084_10152209938639051_2817349222499

Edit: Updated with a pic of the assembly thus far.

Edit2: Because of sudden economical changes I had to lower my amount considering the time of the ETL.

Welcome guys. Good to see the Mechanicum makling an appearence!

IMPORTANT: Severoth and seanisi please confirm the total points of your vows! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

10x Myrmidon Destructors - 10x Volkite Culverin = 615pts

Question for you Uvenla; are you going to use heavy support culverin bits to outfit your squad or do you have another plan in mind?  That's the way I'm going now but the HS culverin bit is quite a bit smaller than the one that comes with the destructors.  I looked at cutting down the irad & beamer parts but I didn't like how they'd look in the end translation.  Makes you wish that FW would provide options when you buy these models but such as it is.

Thanks, -OMG

After seeing the beautiful work going on here gents (and a few near-completed vows) I will have my pics up of Ferrus (he's now primed - going to start painting the base/dead guys) - any ideas on which Legion/s to have on the base? There are four bodies, 1 will ofcs be an IH and 1 will be an EC - but what should I do for the other 2? - currently it's a choice between WE, SoH, IW, Sallie or DG.

I see that the primarch of the iron 10th will get a lot of attention in this thread (now that I think about it are any other primarchs represented?). I chose to go with the studio model example with the one MKIII an Iron Hand and the others EC's. I can see littering the battlefield with other legions could add a nice effect to the base.

How about your local gaming group? Any traitor legions you'd like to see flattened under the might of forgebreaker? I can think of several in my case. devil.gif

I think Forge World are releasing weapon packs for the Myrmidoms at some stage OMG smile.png

Hummm... not sure I have the patience. Maybe I should hold out a bit more.

Good job Armond, and already planning your 3rd vow.

Good luck with the vows guys.

I didnt do any more work on mine yesterday. Did make a test model for some Night Lords though. And one for Word Bearers....

Cannot wait to see the NL and the WB!  And thanks!

OMG - I saw yours earlier - the purple looks fabulous and I'd love your recipe for the IH itself - unfortunately my local is all 40k :( but thinking about it, more because it will test my painting skills (never done lightning before) I think I'll have a NL for one - now just to choose the other sacrifice for Lord Ferrus :D

Here some WIP shots of the first 5 troopers of my vow.  I was unable to prime them because of the massive wind storms this weekend.  Also, waiting for Alpha Legion should pads so they're all missing one.

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/Olaf_Tharand/Alpha1.jpg

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/Olaf_Tharand/Alpha3.jpg

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/Olaf_Tharand/Alpha2.jpg

10x Myrmidon Destructors - 10x Volkite Culverin = 615pts

Question for you Uvenla; are you going to use heavy support culverin bits to outfit your squad or do you have another plan in mind?  That's the way I'm going now but the HS culverin bit is quite a bit smaller than the one that comes with the destructors.  I looked at cutting down the irad & beamer parts but I didn't like how they'd look in the end translation.  Makes you wish that FW would provide options when you buy these models but such as it is.

Thanks, -OMG

My plan was to use them as they are and just buy more kits of them. I love the Myrmidons so much so want a large force. Will be expensive to make this squad complete sadly but then I have two other ten man squads with different weapons! :)

Archived