+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Great to see progress all around guys - keep it up!

@ Angels_Absolute: That Knight is AWESOME! Excellent quality and really cool painting scheme! :tu:

@ Severoth: You need to give me the points total of your vow... If you are not in a position to calculate it (no access to the relecant books for example) let me know and I (or anybody else) can assist.

Great stuff guys!

The Engines of War shall be bound to the iron will of the IV and adorned with the eldritch mysteries of the dark age of technology by the vile magoi of the dark Mechanicum.

http://i.imgur.com/EHfhg72l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nGVN1qVl.jpg

- Perturabo wielding Forgebreaker (490)

- Praetor with Master-Crafted Paragon Blade, Plasma Pistol, Iron Halo (180)

- Forgelord Centurion with Conversion Beamer and Cortex Controller (135)

- Legion Command Squad: 5 Chosen with 2 Power Weapons, Power fist, Pair of Lightning Claws (205)

- Apothecary with Artificer Armor, Power Sword (65)

- Legion Dreadnought Talon: 3 Dreadnoughts with Flamestorm Cannon, Plasma Cannon, 2x Chainfist (170)

- Contemptor Dreadnought with add. DCCW (210)

- Legion Tactical Squad: 20 Marines, incl. Vexilla, Vox, Sergeant with PF, AA, Combi-Flamer (305)

- 2x Tarantula Hyperios Battery (100)

- Iron Havoc Support Squad with Autocannons (185)

- Legion Artillery Tank Squadron: 2 Medusae (310)

- 3 Thallaxii (135)

- Magos Prime Ordinator with Cortex Controller, Cyber-familiar, Machinator Array (185)

- 10 Adsecularis Tech-Thralls, Revenant alchemistry, Carapace Armor, Rite of Pure Thought (95)

- 20 Adsecularis Tech-Thralls, Revenant alchemistry, Rite of Pure Thought (105)

- 3 Ursarax (155)

- 3 Myrmidon Destructors with various weapons (225)

If Severoth can confirm the weapon loadouts I'll work out the points.

Think the Helldrake will need to be an out of comp entry as it's not in the HH books. So wouldn't be included in the vow.

I Vow, to complete :

night lords VIII legion

10x mk IV tac squad

1x contemptor dread

Emperor's children III Legion:

20x MK III

1x legion praetor coverting into Lord Commander Eidolon

csm:

converting/painting my Terrorgiest Heldrake

Correct. Only items that can be found the HH books can be vowed here. As such the Heldrake would be an out-of-competition vow or will count-as something of equivalent complexity...

Yes. It's a total of 5 vows. There is no size limit per vow, but you cannot do more than 5...

That's one of the trickier parts of the ETL. Vow too small and finish way too early or vow too big and fail to finish at all. I look at the mega vows some are making and wish them all the luck in the world.

You're right. The limit of 5 vows adds a level of tactical descisions... The general idea is to vow small in the first vow so that you get your momentum going. Then vow larger but with the extra incentive that if you fail on your second vow then your first one is also nullified - so you have something to lose... Also if you find that you're running out of steam or real life is catching up with you, you can always stop thus securing all the completions to that point. You don't have to do 5 vows - you can do up to 5 vows...

Some don't care about that and go for megavows... They have all the eggs in one basket. Their choice! :)

Does anybody else get this feeling that someone at FW is watching this thread right now, rubbing their hands together with an evil smile on their face as they relax in a hot tub full of money?  :P

So guys loving the progress!

This Friday I'll have 20 tacs finished do expect a good update :)

Then it's on to the last tac squad and rhino whilst building my characters.

Keep it up my brothers in arms

If Severoth can confirm the weapon loadouts I'll work out the points.

Think the Helldrake will need to be an out of comp entry as it's not in the HH books. So wouldn't be included in the vow.

I Vow, to complete :

night lords VIII legion

10x mk IV tac squad

1x contemptor dread

Emperor's children III Legion:

20x MK III

1x legion praetor coverting into Lord Commander Eidolon

csm:

converting/painting my Terrorgiest Heldrake

i appolagize i should of read further into it lol. ok 

Night Lords:

i would like to add another Praetor for my night Lords: pair of lightening claws, refractor field 135pts

MkIV Night Lord Squad: 10man, Sgt. Heavy Chain sword, Drop Pod 200pts

Contemptor Dread: Melta Gun, Plasma Blaster: 215pts

Emperor's Children:

My Praetor, for emperor's children has a master crafted thunderhammer but is going to be Lord Commander Eidolon (Master crafted TH, Acheotech pistol) :185pts 

Emperor's Children Tac Squad Mk III: 20man, sgt. combi melta 295pts

Total: 1,030

Agreed, there's something very humanly in the pose.

Here's some progress on the EC Land Raider & the IW Tactical Squad:

Those are some awesome Iron Warriors. Well done. I especially like the pose on the Sergeant with the heavy chainsword. 

One problem - they seem a little too clean. Perhaps some weathering would enhance them even further? 

These mkIII arms, one of those swords, and a plasma pistol.

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/e7997f96bb41db37e9d62c9c2288a1b4_zps5ef3243f.jpg

The backpack is the only thing frustrating me. I want my model to look unique and have some cool stuff, but not look like I put glue on him and rolled him in a bits box :P

Archived