+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Don't worry, My vow is going slow as well. I had to basically completely relearn how to paint my metallic purple for my EC's :) Take your time and don't rush so that your happy with your end results and you don't have to strip and paint it again in the future. :)

Here's something we don't see everyday...

A World Eater (and former War Hound to boot) in Tartaros Terminator armor. :P

http://s18.postimg.org/6wwjd3l2h/photo_1_11.jpg

@ Severoth: OK great... I have updated the front page with your corrected vow for 1,030 - good luck! :)

@ depthcharge12: This is an awesome mini making it more awesome with the helmet wings! Glory to the First!!!

@ Vazzy: Don't know either but seems to be a moment of genious! The chequers are very nicely executed!

As I will be posting the weekly update tomorrow pelase check the first page and make sure your status is correctly represented. If not let me know.

UPDATE TO THIS POINT!

I Blood Angels Marnie answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one 10 man tactical squad of the Horus Heresy subforum of total value (will edit in total point value when I get my army list monday) on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to my legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

HQ time...KNEEL BEFORE THE LORD OF IRON!

http://i.imgur.com/5mCGJUdl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BknvLK2l.jpg

- Perturabo wielding Forgebreaker (490)

- Praetor with Master-Crafted Paragon Blade, Plasma Pistol, Iron Halo (180)

- Forgelord Centurion with Conversion Beamer and Cortex Controller (135)

- Legion Command Squad: 5 Chosen with 2 Power Weapons, Power fist, Pair of Lightning Claws (205)

- Apothecary with Artificer Armor, Power Sword (65)

- Legion Dreadnought Talon: 3 Dreadnoughts with Flamestorm Cannon, Plasma Cannon, 2x Chainfist (170)

- Contemptor Dreadnought with add. DCCW (210)

- Legion Tactical Squad: 20 Marines, incl. Vexilla, Vox, Sergeant with PF, AA, Combi-Flamer (305)

- 2x Tarantula Hyperios Battery (100)

- Iron Havoc Support Squad with Autocannons (185)

- Legion Artillery Tank Squadron: 2 Medusae (310)

- 3 Thallaxii (135)

- Magos Prime Ordinator with Cortex Controller, Cyber-familiar, Machinator Array (185)

- 10 Adsecularis Tech-Thralls, Revenant alchemistry, Carapace Armor, Rite of Pure Thought (95)

- 20 Adsecularis Tech-Thralls, Revenant alchemistry, Rite of Pure Thought (105)

- 3 Ursarax (155)

- 3 Myrmidon Destructors with various weapons (225)

- Legion Dreadnought Talon: 3 Dreadnoughts with Flamestorm Cannon, Plasma Cannon, 2x Chainfist (170)

Think that's the points for a single box standard dread. Not got access to the book right now to check. 3 of them should be a fair number of points extra.

3 of them should be a fair number of points extra.

oh, you are totally right! I just added the weapon options to the base cost of 1 dread, it should be 420 for the talon. So that's another 250pts, bringing my total to

3505 points.

Please change that, Cpt. Semper :)

Does anyone have any ideas of what to incorporate on my praetor with the big wings? Are there any good capes or anything?

I would love to try and model some robes flapping around his armor, but I feel I would botch the GS.

@ Blood Angels Marine: Welcome to the ETL! Your vow is registered, good luck! As a side note I think your sig is violating the B&C rules. I suggest you replace the long banner with the "Oath of Moment"

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Banner_V2_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

@ Nehekhare: Wow! that Perturabo looks awesome! Well done mate! I just wish there was a bigger pic! :)

As I will be posting the weekly update tomorrow pelase check the first page and make sure your status is correctly represented. If not let me know.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Blood Angels Marine: Welcome to the ETL! Your vow is registered, good luck! As a side note I think your sig is violating the B&C rules. I suggest you replace the long banner with the "Oath of Moment"

Whoops, my bad. Thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to painting up this vow and hopefully making another.

Righto - had to dig up an older (two weeks old in truth) but rubbishy pre-paint pic as I got a tad overzealous this week and forgot an 'undercoat' pic -> gallery_59855_6882_299038.jpg

Hopefully it's not too big - I'll have a much nicer painting-in-progress pic up in the next coupla days.

@OMG..cheers for letting me know about ferrus's base..and totally agree about forgeworld should release a wounded marine pack! Would definitely buy that..

@Relict..that has convinced me to get some tartaros termies...look sweet!

@Armond...well done on completing your fist vow..impressive quality it is..good luck on your second!

@the call of the hunt..well done to you mate..looks great..vow more

3 down and only 2 to go before second vow!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20140514_191735.jpg

Love it! So photos tonight for an update!

Waiting on an arm for my vexillia but 20 are ready for final details. 10 are halfway so my tacs are progressing.

Heavy support squad just need their sgt built and the praetor MoS and siege breaker are all on my desk.

Then it's rhino no3 Amit and chaplain and preparing for vow 2

Siciran WS

Spartan and 20 destroyers BA

Praetor IF

Started to plug away at my vow, I plan to paint my 20 man blob in batches of 5 up to 100% here is the first guy:

gallery_63665_9628_501523.jpg

gallery_63665_9628_586930.jpg

gallery_63665_9628_799857.jpg

Please consider this my update!

Man! I had that same idea for my mkiii's, painting the overlapped armor a different, utilitarian color! Nice job!

@ The Call of the Hunt: Well done mate! Your completion is registered! Look forward for a second vow...

@ chaplain mortis: Your work with the WE is fantastic - you really "get" them and the painting quality is top notch! :tu:

@ Battle8rother: I have to agree with Piano_Sam - the two-colours approach pays huge dividends! :D Look forward for the entire vow painted in this level...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

+++//RE:Leg_IV_support/CORTEX_control:GRANTED/Maniples@NKh#Thlx-974/MyD-252/URS-155b_//+++

http://i.imgur.com/LofDmwRl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9H8LZhKl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RwguS8cl.jpg

- Perturabo wielding Forgebreaker (490)

- Praetor with Master-Crafted Paragon Blade, Plasma Pistol, Iron Halo (180)

- Forgelord Centurion with Conversion Beamer and Cortex Controller (135)

- Legion Command Squad: 5 Chosen with 2 Power Weapons, Power fist, Pair of Lightning Claws (205)

- Apothecary with Artificer Armor, Power Sword (65)

- Legion Dreadnought Talon: 3 Dreadnoughts with Flamestorm Cannon, Plasma Cannon, 2x Chainfist (420)

- Contemptor Dreadnought with add. DCCW (210)

- Legion Tactical Squad: 20 Marines, incl. Vexilla, Vox, Sergeant with PF, AA, Combi-Flamer (305)

- 2x Tarantula Hyperios Battery (100)

- Iron Havoc Support Squad with Autocannons (185)

- Legion Artillery Tank Squadron: 2 Medusae (310)

- 3 Thallaxii (135)

- Magos Prime Ordinator with Cortex Controller, Cyber-familiar, Machinator Array (185)

- 10 Adsecularis Tech-Thralls, Revenant alchemistry, Carapace Armor, Rite of Pure Thought (95)

- 20 Adsecularis Tech-Thralls, Revenant alchemistry, Rite of Pure Thought (105)

- 3 Ursarax (155)

- 3 Myrmidon Destructors with various weapons (225)

Archived