+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

LOL, good use of Night Lords 40k mentality haha!  I have more coming, but am kind of deciding on starting a small Blood Angels contingent.  Not sure though, I am also intrigued by White Scars a bit!

I think I need more luck against the IW than completing vow #3.  I can usually paint at a consistent pace one started.  I won't be starting until next week, I have friends in town and we are out and about a lot.  But I wanted to get my vow in there to have a commitment in place.  Then I will start on assembling vow #4!  

Anyway, thanks for the likes!

Interesting thought experiment. A Night Lord with the nails implanted.

Sounds like a good build for a member of a Terror Squad or Raptor Squad.  I may just have to put that into play.  A son of Curze who served alongside the World Eaters in an eradication action, honoured with the Primarch's "bloodied hand" for his brutal display and combat prowess.  Hmmmm, perhaps...

If you gentlemen need to have the Butcher's Nails beaten into your skulls, look no further. These fine chaps can perform cranial implantations, battlefield augmentations, and gene-seed extractions. They accept all healthcare plans from all Legions. For only a five Aquila co-pay. :D

http://s27.postimg.org/u714x62sj/photo_1_14.jpg

http://s27.postimg.org/b0nxtzmar/photo_2_14.jpg

XII Legion apothecaries are not responsible for the following side effects of the Butcher's Nails implants: psychotic breakdowns, insane rages, persistent headaches, bleeding from facial orifices, breakdown of discipline, or sudden desires to murder your own battle brothers. 

And here we have the senior command cadre of the 77th Battle Company, Band of Brothers style:

http://s2.postimg.org/arymh34qh/photo_6.jpg

As do I, I will be looking to do something similar...  Some guidance?

I think I will do a Night Lord with the butcher's nails implanted.  I need to find a rampager body to do the conversion too.

Easy enough my friend. You don't need a fancy camera either. 

I set my models on top of some fabric-covered boxes on my dinner table. I took the shot in the late afternoon when the sunlight coming in through the window was at its brightest. Then I just played with the exposure and contrast bars until I got the look I wanted. :)

Excellent stuff - that Spartan is beyond awesome! And those docs? Really handy when you want some field (cranial) augmentations. :)

@ armond: Your vow is in mate! good luck!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

As do I, I will be looking to do something similar...  Some guidance?

I think I will do a Night Lord with the butcher's nails implanted.  I need to find a rampager body to do the conversion too.

If you didn't live on the other side of the world I would send you some of my spares.

finally finished building and priming my second vow. Took me more time than i thought. Now i just need a nickname for my dreadnought, a better name than brother rocketbot, as a friend of mine suggested. http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q606/Passeltov/20140607_090829_zpsmrz6ezef.jpg

I'm planing to finish them till tuesday, so i can start vow 3.

Having complete my first vow with it's current amendement, Wolf_Pack, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX! For the Glory of The Silver Handed, The Bane of Asirnoth, The Gorgon - Ferrus Manus and the Iron Tenth.

Vow #2

Iron Father and Legion Command Squad - 508 pts

Iron Father

-Cataphractii Armour, Thunder Hammer, Volkite Charger, Cyber-Familiar, Digital Weapon, Servo-Arm, Grenade Harness

Legion Command Squad

-Thunder Hammer, Volkite Charger, Cyber Familiar, Legion Standard x1, Grenade Harness x1

Primus Medicae - 145 pts

Artificer Armour, thunder hammer, Cyber-Familiar, Refractor Field

10 man Legion Seeker Squad - 300 pts

Nuncio-Vox

Sergeant - Power Fist, Artificer Armour, cyber-Familiar

10 man Legion Seeker Squad - 300 pts

Nuncio-Vox
Sergeant - Power Fist, Artificer Armour, cyber-Familiar

For a grand total of 1253 pts

and remember folks, FLESH IS WEAK!

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/6/68/IronHandsTerminator.jpg/800px-IronHandsTerminator.jpg

@Relict...nice one mate, the doctors look awesome, great photography aswell! Have you got another vow planned?

@Passeltov..looking good, your mate beat me to that nickname lol..how about rocket-top..haha bit early for thinking of names...be good to see them painted..

@helter-skelter...nice work with the chainblade tanks...looks like you have a lot of interest from other legions for your design!...hmmmm "Helter-Skelter Pattern"..might take off haha..well done to you.

Well done to everyone so far..great eye candy and lots of inspiration!

Ok, here it goes...

I pledged a Legion Champion* with Artificer armour and a power weapon

I chose this guy as he is (in my eyes at least) one of the best models Forge World have created to date - No conversions required, just straight out of the pack loveliness

gallery_576_9710_48096.jpg

He's built, he's now undercoated - I just need to settle on a legion before I take a brush to him

*Chances are he will be demoted to the rank of mere Sergeant, but for the duration of the ETL III he remains my Centurion...

@ Chaplain Mortis: Thanks for the compliment brother. I'm now just five tactical marines away from vow completion. As for another vow for this ETL, unfortunately not. I'll be swamped with work in the coming days and I have neglected to make progress in fluff-writing for the 77th Battle Company. 

Cool stuff!

Now taking into account yesterday's completions (and not having done my rounds for today), you guys a starting to stay behind. BTs, DAs and Chaos are all north of 13k and you are around 9.5k. Now this is not a huge difference right now but keep in mind if you stay behind for too long it may be difficult to catch up...

So let's see some completions before the next update on Thursday to even things up! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived