+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

I really need to stop starting my updates with the HH forum - I run out of "likes" in no time...

Amazing progress guys! this is really a showcase of skill - not just paintign but also capturing the feel of the Heresy!

Congratulations to kizzdoughs for his (magnificent) completion! I sure hope to see more completions in the coming week as we approach the mid-point of the event, and the rival forums are on the acsendance!!!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

apart from the build of the main tank, where i think some of my cast was warped slightly and i didn't notice, i loved it. love this tank. i've found it quite easy to magnetise aswell, and was a joy for me to paint. if i didn't want a different tank for my next vehicle i'd buy another

I really need to stop starting my updates with the HH forum - I run out of "likes" in no time...

I just did the same. Well worth it though - so many lovely things in this thread!

apart from the build of the main tank, where i think some of my cast was warped slightly and i didn't notice, i loved it. love this tank. i've found it quite easy to magnetise aswell, and was a joy for me to paint. if i didn't want a different tank for my next vehicle i'd buy another

Get a venerator. Its a sicaran, but different ;)

Get a venerator. Its a sicaran, but different ;)

ha! You sir are a genius, but jaspcat and that luna wolf fellow in wip forum made me want to buy a Lord of war size one, I've got a 5 week month comin up and that means I can buy resin crack :p

I have my spartan (the S.S. Gerard Butler :P jk) about 90% done.

I'd show another picture but photobucket thinks I'm a photo hoe and doesn't reset till tommorow...which means more time to do weathering and icons!!!

As promised, here's my finished Spartan:

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/841ec21fbc9dc2c7d68ab580be65255f_zps62a79e43.jpg

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/811bb25beb722604d8808d3d36da4152_zps40c45b6f.jpg

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/af65b8b1e9b0f418d98c66364c94fd48_zpsc1e56bb4.jpg

Thinking about Jetbikes next!

I Should be cracking on my third vow on the little free time I have this weekend. Will probably just try to get the basecoats of blue, gray, and whites done during the weekend.

Great job depthcharge12! Kizzdougs, glad to see you decided to a third vow!

I better add an update, between work and well work I have not had much time of late to put paint to mini bit i have managed to break all of the weapons off of all 3 of my done contemptors and magnetized the lot! Anyway here is what I have for an update:

14 of my 20 man blob done! The back row (still on sprue) are using the FW recipe that I will be using from here on.

gallery_63665_9628_577512.jpg

color/colour comparison of all the methods I have used:

gallery_63665_9628_1264611.jpg

He looks really good!  But the lack of light isn't doing him any favors!  Can you try to snap a few under some better lighting!  Congrats on the completion!

@Armond - Thanks, I took some better pics after uploading these - they're in my Pics gallery on the B'n'C if you want to have a looksee :)

I hope to have worked out what I'll be doing as my second vow by tonight (have a few lined up - just need primed pics) and then I'll vow it by sunday;

atm it's looking to filling out my HQs with multiple centurions (1 MoS, 1 Jump Pack laden Moritat, 1 or 2 Siege Masters and a couple of others...) so will only be 5-10 models but likely upwards of 400 points.

Archived