+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

For my vow I pledged units for a tournament. The tournament has been and gone, and I managed to win best painted (first prize in the beauty pageant for Death Guard..... Ummm). However I modified the army list and swapped out 20 breachers for 2 Medusas. I'm now working through the breachers to finish the vow, but I have a question. By my reading I can't make a second vow until I complete the first, so I figured the medusas wouldn't make it for ETL. Is that correct?

Brothers Armond and Chaplain Mortis, those are some of the best models I have seen on this board. You capture the spirits of the Night Lords and World Eaters very well. 

If work goes the way I want it to go, I just might be able to throw in a Spartan or Sicaran as a second vow. I cross my fingers that this so. 

For the shadowy VIII Legion and the bloody XII Legion!

For my vow I pledged units for a tournament. The tournament has been and gone, and I managed to win best painted (first prize in the beauty pageant for Death Guard..... Ummm). However I modified the army list and swapped out 20 breachers for 2 Medusas. I'm now working through the breachers to finish the vow, but I have a question. By my reading I can't make a second vow until I complete the first, so I figured the medusas wouldn't make it for ETL. Is that correct?

You are correct. You cannot make a second vow until you finish the first one - nor can you modify your first vow in a significant way. If you have uniys you want to pledge you need to do so through a formal second vow.

The thinking behind this linear process is to help people focus on the task at hand and for me to keep track of things - otherwise it may become chaotic...

Vow 2# completed,

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q606/Passeltov/50d938312b35c8411882f9bd27dd8bd8_zps329a845e.jpg

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q606/Passeltov/89e1e447af11aeda360e8bb3d39fda8f_zps7dab6bd3.jpg

I added a havoc launcher to my mortis dreadnought which would change my vowed points to 445. can i still change this, or is it too Late?

Vow number 3 is in preparation and will follow soon.

Well done guys - keep the pace!

@ Passeltov: XIV Legion FTW!!! Talking about missile launchers! :D Very well made man, very well made...

@ Wolf_Pack: These look great mate - the banner especially! ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Command squad complete! More pictures in my WIP thread, check my signature ;)

gallery_71633_9312_121610.jpg

That's an amazing idea for the banner. Consider it borrowed! ;)

Not a lot of hobby time recently but I did spend a little time working on the 'magic script' for the Thousand Sons:

http://www.cold-moon.com/40k/Miniatures/HeresyEra/ThousandSonsV2/LandSpeeders/JavelinSpeedersPiP%20%287%29.jpg

Pretty happy with it - essentially it's Daedric, upside down. Heh. No real sneaky messages in there however, it's essentially gibberish. Might have to come up with some snarky ciphered sentences on the wings of the Lightning, "If you can read this, you have too much time on your hands". http://heresy30k.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

Brothers Armond and Chaplain Mortis, those are some of the best models I have seen on this board. You capture the spirits of the Night Lords and World Eaters very well.

I thank you, very flattering!! I look forward to your future work! Keep it going!

I Longfang66 answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Falchion Super-Heavy Tank Destroyer at a cost of 505 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Horus Heresy sub-forum and the VII legoin astartes..and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

well done longfang!  I myself am working on assembling the models for my third vow.  

I am thinking Terror Squad w/6 members, all with Heavy Chainsword, Sgt w/Chainglaive.  A Recon Squad, with Sniper Rifles, and my Javelin w/lascannons or missile launchers, not sure which yet.  If I can get cranking I will work on a unit of 3 bikes... maybe...  Shoot, I may decide to knock out a command squad for my Sevatar caounts-as.  Good luck everyone!  

Brother Longfang - very nice Spartan. I have one in the planning stage as well. Has FW improved on their casting or do certain parts still need to be boiled and reshaped in order to be usable?

@ longfang: This is an amazing Spartan! and yes, yellow is my nightmare colour too - so kudos to you sir for making such an outstanding piece!

@ Armond: How do you find it to put it together? I was clumsy enough and some super glue dripped on the moveable part of the lascannon and is stuck - thanklfully in a plausible position! :lol:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Relict - the kit is still as bad! The hull is great to go together, it's just those damned track sections. A lot of patience is needed.

Okay - I'll take that as good news. Fitting the tracks - I can deal with. I keep having nightmares about accidentally boiling my $150+ tank into a lump of plastic because I've never done this before. 

First up is Calas Typhon. I must admit to having been torn on which head to use, but went for the classic horned helm in the end:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/jannerxi/HH/IMG_1801_zps57ebe22c.jpg

As you can see, the lose part of the base has been magnitised, and the edge filled out with the usual debris. So although he is meant to be onboard ship, this follows my urban theme.

On his full base:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/jannerxi/HH/IMG_1802_zps7043a53b.jpg

A 360 can be found on my blog: http://jannersjaunt.blogspot.com

Built mine yesterday - great inspiration!

@ Armond: How do you find it to put it together? I was clumsy enough and some super glue dripped on the moveable part of the lascannon and is stuck - thanklfully in a plausible position! :lol:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I just took my time. One piece at a time is all. Dry fit everything. Make sure my magnets were facing the correct direction. Use a pin vise and craft knife to open up holes the magnets would fit. Then glue them in place, wait for t to dry, then move on to the next piece.

I alternated from one lascannon set to the other, just to make sure I didn't work on a piece to early. The cabling and cameras also have magnets, so everything including the sponson/housing is held together via magnet!

I hate to do this guys but I've got 16 weeks of away work starting in a week.

I will barely be resting eating sleeping let alone painting.

I'll try complete my first vow I've got everything basecoated, just need to get time to detail everything.

I know it's till august first I just can't promise anything.

I've got 2 titans primed another falchion and 4 cityscape boards going unattended currently plus my old WE army concept being rebuilt.

Sorry I've been slow.

-Taron

Archived