+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Vow completed!

So i vowed to paint this little lot here for a grand total of 1140 points.

gallery_33945_9541_149638.jpg

And finally here they are:

gallery_33945_9541_532198.jpg

So we have a completed Rapier:

gallery_33945_9541_424299.jpg

A completed contempt or with heavy conversion beamer and DCCW with graviton gun:

gallery_33945_9541_527253.jpg

A Master of signals:

gallery_33945_9541_120300.jpg

A 8 man support squad with Plasma guns:

gallery_33945_9541_80449.jpg

And finally the big man himself, Mr Ferrus Manus:

gallery_33945_9541_520687.jpg

gallery_33945_9541_403081.jpg

gallery_33945_9541_476571.jpg

While i could probably carry on painting him forever, I'm calling him done so i can move on.

i apologise for the quality of the pictures and hope that you enjoy them. this thread has been such an inspiration and an outstanding amount of amazing skill has been shown through out it, i feel honoured to have contributed towards the ETL for this forum.

Comments and criticism are more than welcome, and if you want to see any more of the army, i currently have a thread over on heresy30k dedicated to my ongoing work under the name Spinny.

Thank you all

so ive finished the siciran and Spartan, starting on the falchion

med_gallery_72610_9525_301437.jpg

there is still some detailing left to be done in the future but there good enough for me now.

so to complete vow 1 I just need to finish tac squad 3 and their transport and fine detail my Praetor and siege breaker.

vow 2 just needs the falchion completed.

and my warhound for vow 3 wont be done.

times just sliping away

Damn I go away for a few days and not only do they change the site around, but you guys go and ramp up the level of awesomeness.

So bad news, real life has kicked in big time, and I don't think see how I can finish my vow. I will still keep commenting on the boards, especially in here, but I will not be finishing my vow. I hope to show you all some new stuff I want to work on soon, as well as finishing off what I have.

Sorry to let you down guys, but keep up the great work.

Fantastic work everyone! This thread is great source of inspiration.

I've put together and undercoated the Iron Warrior Rapier in my vow:

gallery_48145_9793_254809.jpg

And also started working on Khârn, or rather his victim:

gallery_48145_9793_129728.jpg

Not far off finishing all the vow now. Below is the 9/18 models finished and based up (ignoring the missing backpacks on Ragnar and Njal which will be replaced tonight):

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/SW1-SWC/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsf158ecea.jpg

The rest just need the final layer of grey and/or weapons. Then they can be stuck on bases as well!

I need to complete another vow which isn't SW's so I don't feel like I left my 40k brothers a man down for nothing.

Edit: They would have been worth more points for the SW's as well.

Well that sucks, the door to my landraider basically snapped, so it doesn't function(door doesn't open).  So I glued the dang thing shut out of frustration.  Oh well, first Land Raider, learned some valuable lessons...  Will just focus on making it pretty on the outside then.  Anyone else ever have that problem?

Well that sucks, the door to my landraider basically snapped, so it doesn't function(door doesn't open).  So I glued the dang thing shut out of frustration.  Oh well, first Land Raider, learned some valuable lessons...  Will just focus on making it pretty on the outside then.  Anyone else ever have that problem?

that exactly.

same thing also happened with my two warhounds so I couldn't paint the awesome interiors! ;D

Absolutely love that flesh tone spinitron, the work on Manus' face is as good as it gets; the colours first and their application second, damn. The bronze and black catches me off guard, I think the look is too warm for iron hands, but damn, the flesh work is what I consider perfect painting.

I am contemplating whether to push ahead with trying to get my Land Raider fully assembled and painted alongside the 7-man Heavy Chainsword Terror Squad(might turn into 8, I found enough spare pieces to try and construct another) or go with a unit of 6 bikes and the Terror Squad.  Hard to decide.

Some great progress guys and of outstanding quality!

@ Spirinton: very neat work mate - the plasma green is an excellent contrast to the beautiful black metal of yours! Congratulations!

@ Armond: Great work on the armour and the lightning effect. Personally I'd add a bit more metal on the engine and the lascannons to make them stand out more. Sorry to hear about the Land Raider... Things like that happen. :(

@ SW1: Looking good so far, keep going brother!

@ Jasp: Those turn out really well! That Falchion man :drool:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Absolutely love that flesh tone spinitron, the work on Manus' face is as good as it gets; the colours first and their application second, damn. The bronze and black catches me off guard, I think the look is too warm for iron hands, but damn, the flesh work is what I consider perfect painting.

Thank you very much for your lovely words! The skin work was done this way:

Tallarn flesh/bronzed flesh mix laid down in about three thin layers.

Wash of organ flesh

Wash of devlan mud

Bronzed flesh/bleached bone highlight

Bleached bone highlight

Wash of gryphone sepia

I went for the black/gold colour scheme because I wanted a slightly warmer looking IH to show them before they went all clinical and cold after Ferrus's death. Also it makes them pop a little more and I was copying the IH army which was featured in the fifth edition rulebook...

Cheers Semper! Glad I could contribute to the ETL

Some great progress guys and of outstanding quality!

@ Spirinton: very neat work mate - the plasma green is an excellent contrast to the beautiful black metal of yours! Congratulations!

@ Armond: Great work on the armour and the lightning effect. Personally I'd add a bit more metal on the engine and the lascannons to make them stand out more. Sorry to hear about the Land Raider... Things like that happen. sad.png

@ SW1: Looking good so far, keep going brother!

@ Jasp: Those turn out really well! That Falchion man drool.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I was considering it, only thing is, I have so little metal involved in my models, I try to keep it truly minimal. But since I already called them done, I may test it on a smaller model, like a scimitar pattern jetbike ;)

This is it, last vow.  I don't want to commit to something too large, I don't have a lot of time with my son's b-day coming up and all.  Anyway, here goes:

I, Armond, proud member of the Horus Hersy forum vow to complete the following units of total value 230 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Eighth Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Terror Squad @ 230pts
-8 x Members
-7 x Heavy Chainswords
-Sgt w/Artificer Armor, Chainglaive, Melta Bomb

230 points Total

1546097_10154377205140249_56648321961234

OK, I'm offiically developing a fetish for the Falchions.... This is a work of art longfang - more so because it's in yellow (a colour that I dread). Did you have a postive experience putting it together? Were there any major problems with it? Regardless the end result is museum quality - well done mate! :tu:

@ Armond: I see you are going for a 5th vow... Keep in mind that failure is not an option any more - for failing now is failing everything you've done up to now... Good luck! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Which is exactly why I chose to vow something manageable for the time constraints I have! ;) no worries I plan on ensuring all my points count!

Captain Semper, thank you very much.

As for the build, it was not too stressful. All of the major hull parts went together well, and the only issue I encountered was with the front track sections not lining up with the front drive wheel mount on both sides. The tracks line up ok, but the drive wheel mount is too long, but after a little careful trimming, all was well.

@Augustus..thanks for your comments mate..what are you doing on the heresy forum eh??.. checking out the competition haha..worldeaters are not forgotten, just taking a break from them due to a shoulder injury..I can paint black with my left hand In the mean time.

@Capt semper..thank you good sir for your comments...I think I actually blushed when I read them haha..thanks again

@Relict..thank you for an earlier comment you made, swelled my head no end..can you fit one more vow in???

@ Armond..way to go man! Loving your work so far and well done on your vows.

@Teldhrat..when do we get to see a group photo of your models so far? And what shade of green did you use on your sallies? They look ace.

@ longfang66...WOW...seriously impressive. ..so have another WOW!!!

Right...vow 2 COMPLETE. ..

Will make another post later with vow 3

Keep it up guys!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20140709_170731.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20140709_170747.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20140709_170808.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20140709_170757.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20140709_170922.jpg

Vow 2 complete!

gallery_55332_9477_731093.jpg

gallery_55332_9477_1129915.jpg

gallery_55332_9477_55592.jpg

just checking on the competition and wow longfang66 kudos sir very nice wub.png

and mortis (shoulder injury)dont you follow the iron hands creed ,bionics is where its at brother flesh is weak laugh.pnggreat looking boys even with your injury

oh and i think i found a solution for you ,isnt this your primark

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/hand_zpsbfc439ab.gif

Archived