Leman Russ Magnetization

I have spent the better part of last night and this morning looking for a good way to magnetize the standard LRBT kit. I would like to be able to swap mainly between the autocannon and battle cannon or vanquisher cannon but the way the guns are molded, it doesn't lead well to magnets as the demolisher kit does. Any suggesstions?

• 3 months later...

I am looking at one as my next project so I will let you know what I work out.

Of course with the age of the op you may have already sorted it out ;)

• 4 weeks later...

There will be a thread starting in the Astra Militarum forum in the near future which will be slowly added to with magnetisation tutorials for all AM vehicles.

Leman Russ will more than likely be one of the first ones done.

Here is a link to my practise one but I will be doing another one later with better photos and explanation.

Be patient smile.png

I magnetised mine by removing the pins and replacing them with dug in magnets. I then flattened the turrets bottom and recut the gun shields opening into a square.then I placed matching magnets into the openings that should have held the pins

My turret has no magnets and can still be swapped between all the LRBT options :P

All I needed to do was trim the recess in the turret and not glue the upper and lower part of the turret together.

I plan to tidy up the tutorial this week and post something by next weekend.

Saves on magnets for other projects ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived