BELLUM AETERNUS: TITANAS BELLI

The Shadow Guard

I was actually referring to the 34pts... Seems like a cool Codex you're using there... tongue.png

That's scored via the scoring listed by TSG; Did I not do it right? 17 characters at 2 points each is 34; Since they're not a squad they don't get the 1 point per 5 model bonus, unless I can count the Librarius Formation as a squad ;). They're Characters but not named.

Paul

Hahahaha!!! I was in ETL mode! Sorry mate - too much ETL does that to you! laugh.png

Too much ETL? No such thing. I'm pretty sure I got my ETL math right too, I updated my first post in the thread, kicking off with 2215 points in 17 models, ~130 points per model painted to start...

And I'm JUST GETTING WARMED UP!

Paul

I don't have a dozen, I have 18, 5 are already painted, I'm waiting on a metal bit to finish the 4th metal one (I need a combi-plasma for it to be complete, if it gets here I'll get it into the competition too!)

I like terminators, probably more than is healthy, but meh, I like them.  

Look back at all my previous vows and you'll not see anything out of sorts, I've done this kind of vow for every competition.  Last year I did 40 DWK in a similar time period, plus additional librarians and terminators.  I think I've painted a total of 20 of my Deathwing outside of competitions on this board.  

I've had these models for well over a year, so I wouldn't be crying foul too much, I just got lucky...

Paul

so its terminators. i can do that.

I Aradiel of the Dark Angels make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Vlka Fenryka in an honourable contest of strength and will!

I wil paint a 10 man Deathwing squad.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/caalsigo/deathwing/P1010032_zps41e58cdb.jpg

For the Lion and the Legion!

You have seriously cool looking sergeant there. I really like him!

I Brother_Bethor of the Dark Angels Chapter make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Vlka Fneryka in an honourable contest of strength and will!

I vow to complete:

1. 6-man Deathwing Terminator Squad with Assault Cannon and 2 x Chainfist

2. 5-man Deathwing Terminator Squad with Assault Cannon and chainfist

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/brother_bethor/Bolter%20and%20Chainsword/Deathwing_terminators_001_zps43c1c9ff.jpg

3. Deathwing Terminator Sergeant

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/brother_bethor/Bolter%20and%20Chainsword/Deathwing_sergeant_001_zpsfb46b0c9.jpg

4. 5-man Deathwing Knights Squad with Perfidious Relic of Unforgiven

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/brother_bethor/Bolter%20and%20Chainsword/Deathwing_Knights_001_zpsd032ddbd.jpg

5. Interrogator Chaplain in Tactical Dreadnought Armour

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/brother_bethor/Bolter%20and%20Chainsword/Interrogator_Chaplain_001_zps4c7c0482.jpg

thanks. i spent some time replacing arms and torsos to use some of the left over bits of the new deathwing box.

were did you get those native american heads for the termis? i like the nod to the old fluff

Paint some terminators you say? I know I have some undercoated just over here...

I Cactus of the Dark Angels make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Vlka Fneryka in an honourable contest of strength and will! For the Lion and the Legion!

Five Deathwing terminators. Ignore the archmagos shuffling out of their way.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb440/Cactus-/ETL%20III/20140501_172612_zps0b2d90b1.jpg

I don't have a dozen, I have 18, 5 are already painted, I'm waiting on a metal bit to finish the 4th metal one (I need a combi-plasma for it to be complete, if it gets here I'll get it into the competition too!)

Look back at all my previous vows and you'll not see anything out of sorts, I've done this kind of vow for every competition. Last year I did 40 DWK in a similar time period, plus additional librarians and terminators. I think I've painted a total of 20 of my Deathwing outside of competitions on this board.

I've had these models for well over a year, so I wouldn't be crying foul too much, I just got lucky...

Paul

Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't crying foul at you, after all the contest requires pics. Now I like me some Terminators too, but I just found if baffling that someone would have a dozen (let alone 18!) Chaplains. Even for Apocalypse, there's other things I'd want.

My 'rigged somewhat' comment was more directed in general sense, the board for an army with Terminators as one of their major USPs challenging another board to a Terminator painting contest, there's something of an advantage from the outset there.msn-wink.gif

i see little advantage for the DA. my 10 man terminator squad is worth 2 points if i understood correctly. you paint 1 ragnar and theres 2 points right there

Look back at all my previous vows and you'll not see anything out of sorts, I've done this kind of vow for every competition. Last year I did 40 DWK in a similar time period, plus additional librarians and terminators. I think I've painted a total of 20 of my Deathwing outside of competitions on this board.

Paul

Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't crying foul at you, after all the contest requires pics. Now I like me some Terminators too, but I just found if baffling that someone would have a dozen (let alone 18!) Chaplains. Even for Apocalypse, there's other things I'd want.

My 'rigged somewhat' comment was more directed in general sense, the board for an army with Terminators as one of their major USPs challenging another board to a Terminator painting contest, there's something of an advantage from the outset there.msn-wink.gif

Remember, this isn't just about Terminators; Artificer Armor and Runic Armor count too.

Space Wolves can have a Librarius just like anyone else with Rune Priests. Can Wolf Priests and the like take TDA? might make a good conversion.

With my Deathwing, I run (4) Knight Squads, (10) Rank and File, and (3) Command Squads. This is 17 units. I wanted to be able to attach a chaplain and librarian to each unit, so I kit bashed enough to be able to do it, I just a haven't gotten around to painting them all yet. Force Multipliers are fun. Haha.

You can see pictures of how far I've gotten so far in my signature. There are two different sets of photos in there. The older ones are from the first round before the knights and the like were done, the other is more current with the Land Raiders and Contemptors.

I've got more terminators in the wings as well. As it sits right now, I'll have a Command Squad, another Chaplain, and maybe 2-3 additional Librarians to throw into this ring if I want to. I'll also have (3) more Contemptors and (4) Land Raiders to throw into ETL III if I want to, we'll see how it happens.

Paul

And if you are shopping there and want to make shipping a little more effective then get a pair of their auto cannon arms. They are awesome.

Paul

JeffJedi of the Dark Angels make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Vlka Fneryka in an honorable contest of strength and will!

For the Emperor and the Lion!

Five Deathwing Terminators and a Terminator Librarian:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/JeffJedi/Vow3/ETL3DW_zpsbd3620db.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/JeffJedi/Vow3/ETL3LibTerm_zpscd89c568.jpg

Paul

Typical wolves crying foul!! :) The contest was created with direct input from the SW moderators and at their suggestion Runic Armour and Artificer Armour were incorporated. Also no unit structure is specified mainly because of the wolfguard set up...so you get points for each model you paint.

Can't be fairer than that!

SG

I Bunta of the Dark Angels make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Vlka Fneryka in an honorable contest of strength and will! I vow the below pictured Terminator Armoured Librarian with some combiation of the below bits!

For the Emperor and the Lion!

gallery_69747_9444_257267.jpg

Paul

Typical wolves crying foul!! smile.png The contest was created with direct input from the SW moderators and at their suggestion Runic Armour and Artificer Armour were incorporated. Also no unit structure is specified mainly because of the wolfguard set up...so you get points for each model you paint.

Can't be fairer than that!

SG

This seemed to me like this is what the rules were based around. Obviously there are some shenanigans with this as well; What's to keep the wolves from calling a box of Wolf Guard Terminators, Wolf Guard Battle Leaders and scoring (2) points per for 10 instead of (5)+(1) for the squad? haha. Just curious.

I know I've done something similar, but I've got heavy conversion bits into making Librarians and Chaplains, most of which come from well outside the box.

Let me know,

Paul

I SvenONE of the Dark Angels, The Unforgiven, make an Oath of Moment to face my brothers from the Vlka Fenryka in an honurable contest of strength and will!

1 Company Master in Terminator Armor, Monster Slayer of Caliban and Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven

1 Deathwing Command Squad, Lightning "Claws", Cyclone Missile Launcher and Deathwing Company Banner

Edit: Forgot to add photo here's the one from my ETL post

http://i.imgur.com/Q8AJPBb.jpg

and they became this!

http://i.imgur.com/ciTdtUY.jpg

I Cyfax of the Dark Angels make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Vlka Fneryka in an honourable contest of strength and will!

I shall paint:

1 Company Master in Artificer Armor, with Jet Pack, MoR and Plasma Pistol.

Company Master:

gallery_75066_9309_68660.jpg

I, Res Ipsa Loquitur of the Dark Angels make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Vlka Fenryka in an honourable contest of strength and will!

I vow to complete:

1. Belial

Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

2. Deathwing Squad

Sergeant - Storm Bolter and Power Sword

T1 - Assault Cannon and Power Fist

T2 - Storm Bolter and Chainfist

T3 - Storm Bolter and Power Fist

T4 - Storm Bolter and Power Fist 

from Codex: Dark Angels, for a whole three points, I think. EDIT - Eight. It's eight points. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb368/res_ipsa1/20140330_100706_zps884ab6ec.jpg

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb368/res_ipsa1/20140502_195540_zps85zunoqw.jpg

I, PyroX, of the Dark Angels make an oath of moment to face my brothers from theVlka Fneryka in an honourable contest of strength and will!

My Vow,

Grand Master Azrael (2 points)

Tech Marine on Bike (2 points)

For a total of 4 points.

(gotta love that artificer armour huh).

gallery_62261_9056_1500222.jpg

the bike is primed red but needs a lot of work still.

I, Vijok of the Dark Angels make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Vlka Fneryka in an honourable contest of strength and will!

I vow the following:

TDA Chaplain x2

Archived