BELLUM AETERNUS: TITANAS BELLI

The Shadow Guard

Is it too late to post a vow? I have only just read up on this and would like to make to same vow here that I did for the ETL

I  Farfromsam of the Dark Angels Legion make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Vlka Fneryka in an honourable contest of strength and will! I pledge to complete a 6 man Deathwing Knight unit with Sacred Relic.

For the Lion and the Legion!

I Cactus of the Dark Angels have kept faith with my primarch and completed my oath of moment.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb440/Cactus-/ETL%20III/20140727_120522_zps2d370183.jpg

4 individual models (4 points) and one character (sergeant, 2 points) plus the five model bonus (1 point) scores 7 for the First Legion.

Is it too late to post a vow? I have only just read up on this and would like to make to same vow here that I did for the ETL

I  Farfromsam of the Dark Angels Legion make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Vlka Fneryka in an honourable contest of strength and will! I pledge to complete a 6 man Deathwing Knight unit with Sacred Relic.

Never too late for the Bellum Aetrenus series...go ahead and vow away... :)

SG

I declare my 1st vow of 18pts complete!!!!

3x Belial and 6 Company Masters

gallery_48988_9534_26420.jpg

gallery_48988_9534_19849.jpg

I, Grotsmasha, of the 1st Legion make this second oath of moment to face my brothers from the Vlka Fenryka in an honourable contest of strenght and will!

I vow to complete 3x 10man Deathwing Terminator Squads for 39pts (I think that's right) by August 1stgallery_48988_9534_22540.jpg

Cheers,

Jono

I Crazy Stobz, am happy to report the completion of my 5 point vow. Unlike Brother Grot, I will not be vowing a further 30 'nators. He is actually crazy woot.gifmsn-wink.gif

Pics to follow...

stobz

DDoing GotC, nice and quick to smash out :tu:

no bethor, let your work be posted now. We need your aid brother. If you must repaint use the image you post as motivation to do so. To give up on a painted model, would be a grave blow to the chapter. Please Brother, we need you!

I, Grotsmasha, have kept faith with my Primarch and completed my second oath of moment!!!

3x 10man Terminator Squads @ 39pts

gallery_48988_7152_21816.jpg

gallery_48988_7152_309667.jpg

gallery_48988_7152_298658.jpg

In addition I make my third oath of moment,

I, Grotsmasha, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete 1x Librarian in Terminator Armour

gallery_48988_7152_35996.jpg

for a total of 2pts from Codex: Dark Angels by August 1st. Success will bring glory to the 1st Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame til years end.

(Forgot to post this here when I put it into the ETL....)

I, Grotsmasha, have kept faith with my Primarch and completed my third oath of moment!!!

1x Librarian @ 2pts

gallery_48988_7152_963951.jpg

and now, a forth vow...

I, Grotsmasha, of the 1st Legion make this forth oath of moment to face my brothers from the Vlka Fenryka in an honourable contest of strength and will!

I vow to complete 2x 10man Deathwing Terminator Squads for 26pts (I think that's right) by August 1st

gallery_48988_7152_1219238.jpg

Shadowguard my vow is complete but not updated!!

I think that goes for all vows of the last few days, I also thought mine was not updated but then I noticed that none were from around the time I posted my completion. I guess SG is just being efficient and doing one big update at the end tongue.png

Edit: Or working to complete his own vows biggrin.png

Brothers I am sorry, I have failed you. I wasn't able to complete my vow. My mum's estate settled and we have had to get the house ready to hand over to new owners and I fell two shoulder pads short! I will make up for it in the next challenge!

• 4 months later...

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Bellum_Aeternus_02_Titanis_Belli_Header_Banner.jpg

+ + + HONOUR & GLORY TO THE FAITHFUL + + + 

+ + + SEASONS GREETINGS & BEST WISHES FROM THE FORTRESS + + + 

Dear brothers, many months have passed since the culmination of the second Bellum Aeternus - Titanas Belli contest between the sons of the wolf and the lion. Unfortunately, due to the depredations of a greater daemon of chaos undivided called "Rhea' lay-iffe" or more commonly known as "she who hungers always" the final analysis and completion of this contest was delayed. My humble apologies.

The results of this contest, mainly that of the participation and completion have now been updated on the first post of this thread with all links restored and repaired. 

The "Rout" did acquit themselves very well with the wolves of Fenris rising to the challenge despite being outnumbered in participant numbers, completing 25 characters and 49 troops. The Sons of the Lion had the tactical advantage of superior numbers and completed 92 characters and 161 troops thus winning the contest.

The Pearl of Fenris will remain in the safe custody within the Tower of Angels until 2015 when the Rout will once again have the opportunity to win it back. More on this later.

RESULTS:

SONS OF THE WOLVES  POINTS COMPLETED 125  vs  SONS OF THE LION POINTS COMPLETED 406

SONS OF THE WOLVES
Oath Makers: 17 Oath Keepers: 12
Total Points Pledged: 159 Total points completed: 125

Character models:
Pledged: 33 Completed: 25

Troop models in TDA/RA:
Pledged: 49 Completed 49

SONS OF THE LION

Oath Makers: 37 Oath Keepers: 24
Total Points Pledged: 641 Total Points Completed: 406

Character models:
Pledged: 140 Completed: 92

Troop models in TDA/RA:
Pledged: 298 Completed 161

DOCUMENTATION:

It was an honour to compete against the mighty warriors of Russ and in appreciation would like to share this tome which celebrates the true victors of this contest, participants on both sides who were able to complete their oaths. Many fine works of artisanship were seen and documented. You may download the tome by touching the thumbnail shown below.
Warning: The file is 3.4MB so may take some time to download depending on your bandwidth.

HOW THE WOLVES MAY  WIN THE PEARL OF FENRIS BACK:

Each year during the massive contest known as the E Tenebrae Lux conducted by that most fanatical of all Dark Angels, Captain Semper, the Dark Angels will also conduct a specific challenge against one of our brother legions in the form of the Bellum Aeternus series. In 2013 we challenged the combined might of  Ultramarines and their successors in the Index Astartes and Liber Astartes forums to a contest based on armoured fighting vehicles. In 2014 it was against the honourable wolves of Fenris, the contest revolving around models wearing TDA/RA/AA. Similarly we will challenge yet another forum for a similar contest in 2015.

Whatever units are used for the 2015 challenge, if the Sons of the Wolves paint up more points than the Sons of the Lion in that unit type as part of the ETL 2015 then the Pearl of Fenris will be sent to Fenris for display for 12 months until the next contest. So for example if we decide to challenge the Blood Angels using Jump pack equipped models then the Wolves and the Ultramarines each have the chance to paint more JP equipped models than the DA as part of the ETL and thus win their respective trophies back.

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Bellum_AetrenusTrophy_01_Fenris_V2.jpg

Much gratitude to all the battle brothers who participated and specific thanks to Captain Semper for running that amazing competition ETL which allows me to piggyback this little contest on to it.

+ + Until we meet next, fare thee well! + + +

+ + + For Caliban, The Legion and the Lion + + +

+ + + BEST WISHES FOR THE NEW YEAR + + +

Archived