Forté ETL III WIP - vow 2 complete July 20

Forté

Woo hoo...update time. And with slightly better quality pics ;)

First up, Mr smiley

med_gallery_29004_9523_50246.jpg

The white is nearly done but plenty more work needed.

And now the fiend

med_gallery_29004_9523_246612.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_244812.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_243775.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_100088.jpg

Much more colour on the Forgefiend but still more needed. For a change ;)

Not even going to guess at how much longer these will take but hopefully they'll be done by mid June.

Cheers for looking. C&C greatly received :thanks: :tu:

I like it. From the profile view it almost looks like a Squiggoth - in a good way - with the back mounted cannons. I almost feel like I need to build one like that too.

@Kilofix. Do it. I got the idea from seeing someone's when I looked at images on Google so not taking credit for it.

Forte your paint style is so beautiful. I really hate you a little. I love the fiend (did you get any hate from the BTs yet?), but mr smiley is the winner for me. The detail on it is just now coming to live. The finger, the face, and what i particularly like is the piece of skin wrapoed around the staff. The rivets are done with the old fineliner trick no? Keep it up mate!

@Augustus b'Raass. No hate from the BT yet :cry: As for Mr Smiley, I find it funny how you mention the finger. That's just the Daemonette icon and hand ;) You're almost spot on but I use a mechanical pencil. Just wish I made the GS thinner but it was a repair job so glad it worked.

Woah man. Mr Smiley looks amazing. A-maz-ing. Before you put paint on it I wasn't really feeling it. But now...

Really, really cool. That's my favourite slaanesh conversion ever.

Still a way to go but thank you.

All these comments from everyone just shows why B&C is such a good place when you want to try out projects and techniques. And for keeping motivated to finish things too :tu:

+++ ETL3 UPDATE 9 +++

Yet another late night session that went well into the morning. I'm going to be in trouble today if the kids realise I only got two hours sleep and will find it easy to nod off. Such is the power of painting to eat away the hours.

So then...I focused on the Sorcerer because he has more detail going on and I thing alternating the sessions between the two models will see me finishing them before mid June. Well, that's the plan anyway. I mainly focused on the two biggest areas (robes and cloak) so I can work on the smaller parts next time, but I did get some metalwork done too.

med_gallery_29004_9523_86600.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_23283.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_35733.jpg

I think I need to hit the turquoise with another glaze to soften the highlights a bit more as I did jump a little on the colours. Maybe I should learn to wet blend. I stippled the final layer on the white and I'm pretty happy with it (though daylight may tell me different). The photo doesn't really show the metal properly but it does go all the way to Mithril Silver at the brightest points.

And my list of things still to do on him:

• Gold trim/ staff/ gun
  • Flayed skin finished
  • Face finished
  • Skulls
  • Main staff area finished
  • Glove trim
  • Pouches/ straps/ book
  • Backpack arms finished
  • Glowing runes added to some skin areas
  • Freehand on cloak (I'm a little unsure on this as painting onto white doesn't leave much room for error. That and I'm not sure what to paint apart from the Slaanesh rune)

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. C&C always welcome as are ideas, suggestions, and lots of coffee (black, no sugar please) thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

Cheers the both of you. And Clone...nice avatar ;)

lol! This guy made it, forget his name, had a thing for slaanesh and winding up templars. Thought it was pretty awesome.

Those robes are looking pretty damn cool. From the photos it doesn't look as though the turquoise needs glazing, but I realise photos can be awkward when it comes to details like that.

Also, the tongue on the forgefiend? Genius.

Beautiful work forte! I'm loving everything about your sorcy and he isn't even finished yet! B)

With the freehand on the cloak, I personally would not go for a big ol' Slaanesh rune. Maybe some swirling, runic patterning along the edges of the robes would work?

With the freehand on the cloak, I personally would not go for a big ol' Slaanesh rune. Maybe some swirling, runic patterning along the edges of the robes would work?

Inclined to agree, something swishy and opulent-looking.

and when its finished i shall celebrate like this 

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-09rcECgkZgE/U2_2bHmuweI/AAAAAAAAKQQ/QE20JN0Z1MQ/s1600/2cp2t1d.gif

and this will be forte

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0YlB6RFDJDE/U5Z-kpYlG0I/AAAAAAAAKZU/-0zrUSrkXeY/s1600/funny-gifs971.gif

Archived