Forté ETL III WIP - vow 2 complete July 20

Forté

http://zushna.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/facepalm.jpg

I will finish I promise. And I have another vow to do for my Soul Vow. Giz a break...please :tu:

haha, after a crap day this thread cheered me up biggrin.png

and as your personal mr motivator... cmon lad you can do it 'huh!!!' stick ya butt into it like this 'uhhh'

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4000304/mr-motivator-o.gif

sorry mods, ill stop now.

Before people ask if I've painted more, yes I have. But only the turquoise on the Forgefiend and that took longer than it should have. And no, I've not photographed it. My eyes have been pretty tired which doesn't help with painting but I've not totally wasted my time. I've been building a Stormsword for my second ETL3 vow so I'll be able to just crack on and paint that after the current vow is completed.

What I have been introduced to though is a FREE PDF magazine which I hope in posting a link doesn't violate B&C rule (if it does, please could a mod let me know and I'll adjust this post accordingly. Cheers). Portal Magazine. Full of really good tutorials, sexy painting, beautiful modelling, and loads of other stuff.

http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/downloads/issue%2036%20cover_4Tj.png

Just click on the pic for the link.

And I'll do a proper ETL update very soon thumbsup.gif

Ok you talked me into a proper update with pics and waffle ;)

I worked on the armour plates for the Forgefiend. Only took nearly three hours and about seven layers...why...I don't know really. I may still add a bit of marble effect to the larger turquoise plates to break the colour up a bit too. The guns have had some colour too but is barely visible due to it being a Chaos Black & Metallic Medium colour which I have washed with Badab Black (it's only on the main body of the guns, not the barrels).

med_gallery_29004_9523_814442.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_739787.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_1126708.jpg

And the tongue

sml_gallery_29004_9523_80249.jpgsml_gallery_29004_9523_214890.jpg

Needs a few more washes and some highlights. Shame you can't see the red veins too.

And that's it for vow 1...

Vow 2 building however

med_gallery_29004_9523_686232.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_659328.jpg

One Stormsword and various bits I plan to add after I've gone at it with a dremel at the areas which are likely to come into contact with things like walls, Imperialist heads, etc.

Oh, and

med_gallery_29004_9523_466476.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_480352.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_137728.jpg

Banesword or Shadowsword options thanks to magnets.

Cheers for looking and don't forget C&C is more than welcome thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

That is a nice turqoise in that fiend!

Can't wait to see how the super heavy turns out.

Not fully decided on the scheme yet but it's likely to be camo with new stuff added. As it it's been captured from the IG

Not fully decided on the scheme yet but it's likely to be camo with new stuff added. As it it's been captured from the IG
Sounds like a plan. If it's captured does that mean you will have a few shattered aquillas?

Sounds like a plan. If it's captured does that mean you will have a few shattered aquillas?

Yup. Covered, damaged. The big one at the front may just have the heads removed.

Woo hoo!! I almost forgot what painting in daylight is like. Even two hours felt great. As you can see my lovely wife printed me off some backgrounds (cheers for the idea Semper & thanks as always to the Massive Voodoo crew).

med_gallery_29004_9523_50719.jpg

Sorcerer is getting close but I'll be doing the gold on both models at the same time and as you can see the fiend isn't quite to that point.

med_gallery_29004_9523_159669.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_473069.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_375065.jpg

I attempted an OSL look to the rune but am not totally sure on it so I'll look again later.

Thank you for keeping me going on this too. For those in the Chaos Faction in the ETL3, it's time to start completing those first vows (me included) and getting those second ones in (realistic ones you will finish), especially those with Soul Vows.

As always C&C is always welcome. Got to learn and improve somehow thumbsup.gif

The idea of a decapitated aquila is entertaining.

Think it was mentioned to do with Istvaan V that some EC were seen with the necks on the aquila broken. Possibly one of the biggest ways to insult anyone from the Imperium is to deface their symbol and decapitation is a pretty strong sign.

Just a little proof that I've not been sitting on my hands where the ETL is concerned. No, I've not managed to paint unfortunately but the Stormsword for my 2nd vow is ready for priming (once the green stuff has cured that is)

med_gallery_29004_9523_1282.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_105094.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_25061.jpg

The main weapon is magnetized too so can be a Stormsword, Shadowsword, or Banesword.

Not much left for vow 1 so should have finished pics hopefully in the next few days thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

Assuming everything goes as planned and Augustus does his KoS; what do loadout do you want on the TDA that I'm going to build for you Forte?

Assuming everything goes as planned and Augustus does his KoS; what do loadout do you want on the TDA that I'm going to build for you Forte?

What are the options available really? I usually look to the Crimson Slaughter dex lately.

Archived