Forté ETL III WIP - vow 2 complete July 20

Forté

gallery_29004_9303_213866.png

Finally it's here. ETL III. We've all been talking about it and now we can get going so here's my starting point and I'll post my progress here too.

This was my first vow:
I, forte, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines: 1 Sorcerer (counts as Ahriman) and 1 Forgefiend with Ectoplasma head upgrade, for a total value of 430 points on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Divine Flayers and Slaanesh while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

And here's how the prep has gone.
Sorcerer (count as Ahriman)
med_gallery_29004_9523_24349.jpg

Forgefiend. Which still need work for the weapon mounts.
med_gallery_29004_9523_1090025.jpg

Good luck everyone and let's keep each other going to defeat the followers of the corpse emperor thanks.gifthumbsup.gif

I didn't think that the Forgefiend was that large until I saw the comparison shot above! blink.png

I just had a quick look at your other stuff (in the HoH mainly)! I like what I see happy.png

I wish I could answer the call.

Why can't you, every little points helps. 

Need to get outfitted and supplied.  Plus 99% of my models happen to be half the country away, and that's speculating that they weren't thrown out with the rest of my belongings.

@Dragonlover. That's the plan.

@Uprising. Doesn't quite look right and would restrict the arms movement really.

@Aquilanus. Bare in mind that I've used the longer legs at the back and have it propped up a bit on the basing. And I'm glad you liked what you saw in the HoH.

@incinerator950. Shame you can't and hope your stuff is ok.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Let's see how ETL III turns out.

I have a few questions I'd like to throw out the to you all.

1. How much flayed flesh to put on the Sorcerer? I'm thinking a face on the right shoulder mainly.
  2. I'm thinking of adding flesh to the staff but do I a.) do it like the current GW chaos marine cables to look like a tube of flesh (intestine?) has been pulled over it, or b.) make it look like flesh has been wrapped and stitched or riveted together?
  3. Do I put flayed skin on the Forgefiend? I'm currently in the mind that the daemon engine wouldn't be bothered about that sort of thing and enjoy annihilating anyone who tried to add some on.

Your input is always respected and I look forward to any responses or ideas thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

• How much flayed flesh to put on the Sorcerer? I'm thinking a face on the right shoulder mainly.
  • I'm thinking of adding flesh to the staff but do I a.) do it like the current GW chaos marine cables to look like a tube of flesh (intestine?) has been pulled over it, or b.) make it look like flesh has been wrapped and stitched or riveted together?
  • Do I put flayed skin on the Forgefiend? I'm currently in the mind that the daemon engine wouldn't be bothered about that sort of thing and enjoy annihilating anyone who tried to add some on.
Your input is always respected and I look forward to any responses or ideas thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

1 Sometimes less is more, even for the Lords of Excess happy.png I think the face would work smile.png

2 I quite like the idea of the staff having a biomechanical look, so option A

3 I think you're right, the Forgefiend would tear a new orifice in anyone who tried to decorate it in something it doesn't approve of laugh.png

• How much flayed flesh to put on the Sorcerer? I'm thinking a face on the right shoulder mainly.
  • I'm thinking of adding flesh to the staff but do I a.) do it like the current GW chaos marine cables to look like a tube of flesh (intestine?) has been pulled over it, or b.) make it look like flesh has been wrapped and stitched or riveted together?
  • Do I put flayed skin on the Forgefiend? I'm currently in the mind that the daemon engine wouldn't be bothered about that sort of thing and enjoy annihilating anyone who tried to add some on.

1 Sometimes less is more, even for the Lords of Excess happy.png I think the face would work smile.png

2 I quite like the idea of the staff having a biomechanical look, so option A

3 I think you're right, the Forgefiend would tear a new orifice in anyone who tried to decorate it in something it doesn't approve of laugh.png

The staff wouldn't have the cable texture but would have the holes exposing the staff beneth.

Your input is always respected and I look forward to any responses or ideas :thanks: :tu:

1. Depends on your fluff I guess. Do the leaders of the Flayers wear more trophies than the foot soldiers? Or do they wear their most exquisite trophies only?

2. Flesh cables sound nice but I'd go for a nicely stitched leather sheath!

3. I think a proudful daemon (especially one of Slaanesh) might enjoy having his metal shell adorned with all kinds of gruesome and gaudy decorations. I'd say go for it!

I'm all for the flayed flesh. I mean that is what they are into, right?

I think you should consider other potential uses for the body parts to distinguish your model from the night lords one and a less obvious conversion of Arhiman.

A sorcerer might use flesh of enemies for his incantations, no?

I mean you read that in all the fairy tales so you could have very disturbing usage of flesh such as necklaces or bracelets (of ears, fingers, eyes...) on him or on his staff.

I would transform the cape into one inspired from Fabius Bile, assembled faces or flayed flesh.

He could also be accompanied by a mignon (a nurgling with a flesh mask?) carrying his flesh removing kit or other trophies mocking your favorite enemies.

I'm all for the flayed flesh. I mean that is what they are into, right?

I think you should consider other potential uses for the body parts to distinguish your model from the night lords one and a less obvious conversion of Arhiman.

A sorcerer might use flesh of enemies for his incantations, no?

I mean you read that in all the fairy tales so you could have very disturbing usage of flesh such as necklaces or bracelets (of ears, fingers, eyes...) on him or on his staff.

I would transform the cape into one inspired from Fabius Bile, assembled faces or flayed flesh.

He could also be accompanied by a mignon (a nurgling with a flesh mask?) carrying his flesh removing kit or other trophies mocking your favorite enemies.

I had to ask didn't I. Got some good ideas there :tu: And there was me hoping to do this vow in a month and try for another.

Well, I can always wave my hand and say "these are not the ideas (droids) you are looking for" and you could move along.

:)

I haven't even started to thing about the forgefiend :)

Never hide the ideas. Brainstorming and sharing ideas brings out the best. Not one person can ever have the best solutions on their own.

No worries. :D

I'm always better at giving advises than applying them to myself.

:D

The forgefiend is would go "litteral".

How about a couple of skinny slaneeshy feeding the "forge" with human parts, heads /helmets of space marines?

Or torturing it with the imperial/inquisitorial weapons so that it with fire angrier rounds?

Flesh as trophies on it on it would work too or a barely alive/tortured grey knight ?

Chains tearing up its entrails would work too, anchoring too the ground.

No worries. :D

I'm always better at giving advises than applying them to myself.

:D

The forgefiend is would go "litteral".

How about a couple of skinny slaneeshy feeding the "forge" with human parts, heads /helmets of space marines?

Or torturing it with the imperial/inquisitorial weapons so that it with fire angrier rounds?

Flesh as trophies on it on it would work too or a barely alive/tortured grey knight ?

Chains tearing up its entrails would work too, anchoring too the ground.

Why did I have to ask eh. There's some great ideas here. Not sure on anchoring to the ground but chaining a couple of cultists (Flagellant models) to the beast, feeding the furnace with parts could work. And the middle weapon mounts are unused too.

So far these are the ideas/suggestions that are jumping out at me.

Sorcerer:

»Skin bound book

»Face belt/sash

»Skin covering cables like other current Chaos models

»Skin stitched round the staff

»Skin strips with glowing runes hanging from armour

»Face on shoulder

»Flesh masked Nurgling with tools instead of imp?

Forgefiend:

»Cultists chained to it and feeding the forge at the sides. Body parts in hand and on ground

»Slaanesh rune growing through top plate

Great stuff from all and I'll hopefully get working on some of these tonight. Depending on anything else that gets added too :thanks: :tu:

Sorcerer:

»Skin bound book

»Face belt/sash

»Face on shoulder

Forgefiend:

»Cultists chained to it and feeding the forge at the sides. Body parts in hand and on ground

Great stuff from all and I'll hopefully get working on some of these tonight. Depending on anything else that gets added too thanks.gifthumbsup.gif

need nurglings? thats one thing i have loads of. look at the plague bearer sprues and pick one out, and if you need cables-flesh tubes like the ones on the DV helbrute you get a fair few in the new kit, that i happen to have laying around, as usual, like everythin else you seem to need

Sorcerer:

»Skin bound book

»Face belt/sash

»Face on shoulder

Forgefiend:

Great stuff from all and I'll hopefully get working on some of these tonight. Depending on anything else that gets added too thanks.gifthumbsup.gif

need nurglings? thats one thing i have loads of. look at the plague bearer sprues and pick one out, and if you need cables-flesh tubes like the ones on the DV helbrute you get a fair few in the new kit, that i happen to have laying around, as usual, like everythin else you seem to need

I actually have some old metal Nurglings and the cables are already on the model so I'll be sculpting over parts of them. Looks like those Hellstrider torsos may have found a use. Just got to look in the bits box for legs or hack up some Flagellants.

why do you have metal nurglings when i dont, somethin isnt right here... -.-

Because I have a soft spot for them. They're also the ones that came out in 97 with the big metal daemons.

Archived