The Praetorians, Emperor's Children XXXII Coy.

Dude, I'm loving this. The idea of loyalist traitors getting boned by Loyalist due to paranoia is quite clever

Well that's the brilliant thing about the Scouring era and 30K in general: anything can happen!

I figured the VII and IX Legions would be especially eager to deal out some justice to members of the III Legion in retaliation for Terra, blind and deaf to any calls for mercy or parlay from those they perceive to be traitors, including the Imperial Army and Mechanicus detachments that remain by the side of the Emperor's Children on Tartarus. Left with no other choice, the XXXII Company fights the invaders to the bitter end.

I'm finding 30k much more versatile in the history and less limiting than 40k is. I'm not too fussed about the rules, but they are the icing on the cake, in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

+Attention: Incoming message+

+Message marked as High Priority+

+Message as follows:

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.

Message ends+

+Interrogative: Identification?

+Response: Dismissal

+Acknowledgement

+Sending message+

+Message as follows:

We are the dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved and were loved, and now we lie

In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you with failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep, though poppies grow

In Flanders fields.

Message ends+

+Attention: Outside server requesting comm-link+

+Acknowledged; opening secure comm-link+

“Daedlaus?”

“Cesare.”

“Why in the Emperor’s name are you and the seventh attacking my troops?!”

“I’m not in command, Cesare. It’s Pietro Galante of the 74th. He’s completely full of himself, claiming that the Emperor ordered this himself before he died.”

“That’s preposterous. The Emperor isn’t dead.”

“You mean… you don’t know? Horus… The bastard murdered my primarch and the Emperor on his flagship…”

+Note: Five-second pause in communication+

“Cesare?”

“We need to meet, Daedlaus.”

“I know. I’m transmitting some coordinates. Meet me there in five Standard hours.”

“Daedlaus, I-”

+Attention: Connection terminated+

• 5 weeks later...

il_340x270.623855996_qbw9.jpg

+++Accessing Data Stack Upsilon-Eighteen-Seven-Seven-Gamma+++

+++[WARNING] : Restricted Access+++

+++Input credentials+++

+++Processing…+++

+++Credentials accepted, Greetings Inquisitor Abrahamovich+++

+++Images recovered from Pict-Recorders of Legionnaire Rullianus, 4th (Tactical) Squad, XXXII 'Praetorians', III Legion, D-Day +14+++

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x392/black-mech/Mobile%20Uploads/20140626_223750_RichtoneHDR.jpg

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x392/black-mech/Mobile%20Uploads/20140626_223822_RichtoneHDR.jpg

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x392/black-mech/Mobile%20Uploads/20140626_223901_RichtoneHDR.jpg

+++Subject identified as Sergeant Barachiel, Seraph Tactical Squad, CLXXXVII 'Rakkasans', IX Legion+++

Even in assault-orientated companies such as the Rakkasans, jump pack-equipped Astartes would be unable to wage war without boots on the ground to hold objectives or storm buildings, hence the 187th's inclusion of 10-man Tactical squads deployed in Storm Eagle gunships or, less commonly, Rhino APC's carried by Thunderhawks. Each Tactical marine carries a single reel of High Tension, Load Bearing Memory Cable (or HTLBMC for short) per insertion, secured to their belt via detachable carabiner, which allows them to rapidly rappel from the aircraft to the ground without the risk of injury. However it has been known for certain, reckless groups of Astartes to perform a "Meteor Airdrop", leaping unaided from the transport bay of an aircraft and impacting into fortifications and strongpoints at near-terminal velocity, with destructive effects similar to a 5-ton bomb.

Any Astartes caught executing this risky manoeuvre are usually censured and his squad denied the use of aircraft for a period of time decreed by their commander.

+++

So I'm not dead. Not entirely, at least.

I've had this guy sitting around armless for a few weeks, so I got around to giving him some arms. He seemed more of a Blood Angel than an Emperor's Child, so he shall be the first of a small contingent of Angels to go with the small contingent of Fists I had planned to put together later. When I get the cash to get in another order of resin crack (and get some new super glue), I'll get back to work on my Children of the Phoencian, and I might get some Angels and Fists done as well.

Until later, folks!

Archived