I, SlaveToDarknes, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete  from Codex: Chaos Space Marines one Hellbrute with Plasma cannon and Heavy flamer of total value 130 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Pantheon and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

here it is bein built  

10405370_733452803380746_811284105851398

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_7_Poster.jpg

Well as last years Call to Chaos thread has become my Slaanesh army thread I thought I'd change my ETL thread into a general B&C competition thread.

So far for the Call I have 8 World Eaters (not Bezerkers, just Khorne marked Boltgun CSM's based on the OOP World Eaters (copying the Rogue Trader minis made with new kits) and the Epic Renegades box art..

http://www.craftworldgames.co.uk/renegades2.jpg   

I also have some Khornate Chosen (non World Eaters) and a Chaos Lord, although I'm torn if I actually want to do these or go for something that actually tickles my fancy, as these are in the 'I have em so may as well paint em' pile, and the painting wont be as good because I aint bothered too much about them, I will see how I feel later about these. 

Just converted a unit of Nurgle Terminators, so these will deffo be getting painted, and I have enough bits to make a squad of Nurgle Chosen, something my Plague Marne army is lacking at the moment question is will having to convert them so soon to the start of the comp make me hate them for causing stress so soon and thus ruining my eagerness for the comp?

Another unit to pant is a squad of Cultists led by the sexy and very classy 'Cultist Chan' http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1397/16/1397168740484.jpg

who just needs her hair sculpting, and I cant find my greenstuff. 

Other units I can do yet undecided on is another unit of cultists (Slaanesh) Tzeentch Chosen, Tzeentch Marnes (not Thousand Sons) Rhinos (one old one new) but unsure if they will be classed as part of the unit or separate for the call, Plague Bearers, Nurglings, Warp Talons.. I'm sure I will make my mind up in a day or so. 

Made my mind up, today it just hit me (as did the lump of concrete that split my noggin open)... My vow. 

I, SlaveToDarknes, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete:

- 5 Nurgle Terminators
- 7 Nurgle Chosen with Rhino
- 10 Plague Bearers

- 3 Nurgling Bases

- 10 Plague Marines with Rhino

- 10 Cultists

and a cheeky extra as its a Nurgle themed event, a Great Unclean One using the giant fantasy Nurgle beasty due to be released (sooo gonna treat myself to one for xmas)

before January 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Pustulant Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul  and don't worry I wont fail. 

Everything's done apart from Cultist Chan hair and the Nurgle Chosen, sill no idea where I have put my green stuff so I will grab some tomorrow after work, cant wait to get my sweaty paws on that Fantasy beasty, and I'm finally gonna paint that unit of Plague Bearers I bought 2 years ago :D

10645327_773195242739835_658784985346375

Started the Chosen Champion, the Chaos Marines body was a Coocoon with a giant mutant fly growing inside him, now its hatching out, still need to finish sculpting the arm and bits of tattered coocoon handing off him. 

Just need to finish the Cultists (Cultist Chan's head looks too elegant (using a Witch Elf head) so I might jut sculpt a cartoony looking one, who said we had to take the hobby seriously?) Cant be bothered till next Wed to get the Cultist Champion mini I need (Nurgle fanstay Lord) so I will be carving up one of my =][= Warband minis I spent all night painting.

10702181_776454342413925_487209170847399

The Champ in question will be based on the fat dude in a hood from the old RoC book, the chubby chap with a fly on a stick. 

Oh and I need to do two Rhinos as well. 

10710863_778156165577076_259589015082643

Was going to repaint an old unit of Plague Marines, decided to build a new one instead, so that leaves me with the Plague Marines and Glottkin Great Unclean One to buy, build and paint

That looks really good, that's what a cultist champion should look like. I dig the fly on the staff, you pulled that off nicely.
What did your vow include? I'm totally lost as to what I'll paint, am thinking of just pulling ten cultists, Khârn and maybe an obliterator, since I have no idea where the creative juices will take med the next months. :)

Ahh praise :D NOW ALL KNEEL BEFORE ME!!!!!!

sorry.. 

My vow was

- 5 Nurgle Terminators

- 7 Nurgle Chosen with Rhino
- 10 Plague Bearers

- 3 Nurgling Bases

- 10 Plague Marines with Rhino

- 10 Cultists

If you scroll up a bit you can see my Chosen Champion who is hatching into a giant fly, an idea I'm gonna carry over into a squad of warp talons when I get the time.

Well you have plenty of time to vow, just wait for a bit and read some books, watch films and something will come to mind, originally my vow was gong to be mainly Khorne and Tzeentch until I saw a fantasy chaos warrior fly mutant that gave me the idea for the Chosen Champion. then I decided to go all Nurgle instead. 

That's quite an extensive vow, nice.
I liked the champion aspiring to be a fly, made me rewatch the Fly (and then Cabin Fever and some more, an activity I call "not painting")when you posted it last weekend. I have a ton of projects, half finished models but no idea of which I'm gonna throw myself at. Maybe I should post up some pictures, getting critique always help defining a project.
Good luck on your vow, I'll look forward to seeing some paint on these models. 

Alternating between the two, the ETL really killed the enjoyment of painting power armour for me so I'm doing a little bit here and there on the Chosen when I can be bothered, not happy that I have to do another ten lol. I should (hopefully) have this lot done by next weekend so then I have 2 months to pant the last ten and a Great Unclean One (Glottkin) so I can take my time and not get fed up with them. 

Archived