Naminé's ETL III WIP thread

Naminé

So I've spent a few hours painting and this is what I've got done so far.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/quistis333/repentiawip1_zps2f5fde87.jpg

I'm only doing 5 at a time to avoid boredom!  So far they are shaded so just the highlights and details left to do, before I start over on the last 4 :p

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/quistis333/20140505_211820_zpsd986c2e4.jpg

Update after the weekend... This squad is almost finished, just the last blue highlights and details to go, meaning I'm roughly 35% through the vow :)

Hoping to finish these models off tomorrow and make a start on the next load!

Thanks guys, although i have no photos yet the first 5 are now finished and I've green stuffed the other 5 ready to prime them tomorrow. Fortunately Repentia are much quicker to paint then my regular battle sisters :p

Thinking about my next vow already!

• 2 months later...

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/quistis333/20140717_172522_zpsb53410d1.jpg

Here is the last 4 Repentia nearly finished and the Misstress too.  The original 5 models are completely painted and these ones just need the blue highlights and white details before I start basing this weekend!

Nearly there now!

I like the different skintones. 

Thanks!  I'm trying hard to get a good mix of skin tones throughout my entire army, especially since we have so few different poses :p

I'm not sure the lightest tone works close up though, so I'll have to try a different method.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/quistis333/20140719_185005_zpsb667b0a4.jpg

About 90% done now, Since all the models are painted at last, and I just need to paint the bases and give each Repentia a coat of Varnish. 

I want to paint mine now, these look great, do you have plans to field them

Thanks DHD! Would love to see what you can do with Repentia :p

I play the unit fairly regularly, including a nasty 1500 point list im going to try which is 10 repentia, uriah, iron hands master of the forge and a Landraider Redeemer :p the MotF has a stormshield too, so good luck stopping that unit!

Great work Naminé! They look very good, I love the colours you've used so they will look fine as they carve the Emperor's enemies to pieces. The SoB need as many points finished as possible so your vow will make a sizeable increase :)

ETL complete!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/quistis333/Repentiashowcase1_zpsa20a8897.jpg

Here are the completed Repentia, from the back where you can see the Order logo and from the front where they wear personal heraldry.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/quistis333/Repentiashowcase2_zps9ab17960.jpg

This is the Mistress of Repentance, who was missing a neural whip so I botched a horrible lump of greenstuff to serve as a replacement.  One day I will revisit the model and make something better, but I was rushing that day, and it doesn't look too bad in RL. 

If you are wondering why she wears red that is beacause of the model bottom right, my own take on FFVIII's Quistis Trepé.  Since my Repentia colours are inspired by Cloud Strife, I figured I'd follow the theme into other characters.  The top right is just a close up of another Repentia, since her model was unique within this unit.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/quistis333/Repentiashowcase3_zps5114dd03.jpg

The finished article; cue group pose shot.  I already have enough Repentia now to field 2 squads if I want!  Yay ETL!

Thanks for all the comments and encouragment throughout this project!

Looks like you could tell the time by them almost :P Great work Naminé, does this mean we're doing better than last year's tally yet? I think the bases work really well considering that they're quite basic, less is more and all that! This makes me want to repaint some Repentia... which is actually a terrible idea because I've still not quite finished repainting my Guard and Marines after about 5 years now? :lol:

Looks like you could tell the time by them almost :P Great work Naminé, does this mean we're doing better than last year's tally yet? I think the bases work really well considering that they're quite basic, less is more and all that! This makes me want to repaint some Repentia... which is actually a terrible idea because I've still not quite finished repainting my Guard and Marines after about 5 years now? :lol:

Thanks WF, I tried some fancy bases when I started sisters and it just didn't work with my colour scheme, so now I take it easy on them and try and let the models do the talking :p

I would never try and repaint lol doing it once takes all of my effort!

Yes... that is the advice I give everyone. Don't repaint a large army and whatever you do definitely don't do this for two armies at the same time tongue.png I felt my painting skills had improved enough to warrant it and they'd look much better after it. I was right, but forgot to include time and effort in my calculations laugh.png Nice that I'm almost done though so I feel it has been worth it, though probably easy to say now I'm mostly finished!

I take it that this late in the game you won't be thinking of more vows? What about a celebratory army shot? biggrin.png

Congrats on completing your vow Naminé! thumbsup.gif

I like the use of blue instead of the usual red and the different skin tones are a good variety.

Thanks Kael, my army's colour-scheme was by accident in many ways but the Repentia are responsible for the blue. The pose of one with it's chainsword reminded me of FF7, and so I painted it in Cloud Strife colours. Everything else came about from random little ideas and Scott Pilgrim!

Yes... that is the advice I give everyone. Don't repaint a large army and whatever you do definitely don't do this for two armies at the same time tongue.png I felt my painting skills had improved enough to warrant it and they'd look much better after it. I was right, but forgot to include time and effort in my calculations laugh.png Nice that I'm almost done though so I feel it has been worth it, though probably easy to say now I'm mostly finished!

I take it that this late in the game you won't be thinking of more vows? What about a celebratory army shot? biggrin.png

I thought about doing another vow but honestly I can't say something wouldn't come up to stop me completing it, so I'll play it safe this year! Celebratory army shot will occur sometime in future (at the moment certain special weapons and sister superiors are not painted).

Archived