Darth Mustard's Chaos WIP : update (page 16)

Stop teasing.

I´d rather post nearly completed models

The problem I have with every new kit is that they give me more ideas so I went into several directions these last 2 days.

I´m going to focus on the harpy. Add some muscle and details. Tail or not and paint it .... yes I said it. :) 

Love it man! You've opened up a world of ideas for legion unspecific daemons

Thanks, man.

I'm pretty sure that other people thought about it too.

Chaos is versatile and I'm pretty sure that a large part of the fantasy range can be used in 40k. Chaos follows no rules. Don't let bits dictate yours. :)

Love it man! You've opened up a world of ideas for legion unspecific daemons

Thanks, man.

I'm pretty sure that other people thought about it too.

Chaos is versatile and I'm pretty sure that a large part of the fantasy range can be used in 40k. Chaos follows no rules. Don't let bits dictate yours. :)

Truer words have never been spoken my friend

That harpy looks very... well, 'nice' is probably not the most suiting word... Let's say 'wicked' instead!

Thanks MrBear 

Harpy you like her :)

The sister should lend soon

deliciously evil

I´m debating about building a more "angelesque" version but yet ... wicked (on of the recurring comment on my minis) ;)  

Harpies for sure. Cultists are sooooo last year. So passé :tongue.:

harpies? They come in bunch of 5 minimum right?

I'll try to finish the first harpy this week

Tail or not ? the jury is still in session

Cultists are sooooo last year. So passé 

I'm an old French fart or a living ancestor. :D So passé is my middle name :D

I don't follow trends or fashions. I don't even play so I have no idea if what I build is "codex" or not.

I come from an era of frustration where humans were only metal and conversion was a long hard job.

From what I see, wandering on B&C, cultists only weapon option is autogun, right?

So humans with lasguns or more would be Renegade Imperial Guard? Can they still be allied? I'm under the impressions that the rules are differents now for Chaos with the new edition. Are there any other human shooting weapon options? any ideas of kits?

It seems that I'm slowly shifting to a renegade guard/dark mechanicus ( I don't even know what rules or army list these used :D) style now... but I like it ! :D

i got some cultists with lasguns,  just point out that they are a type of black market autogun that just looks like a lasgun. and who cares if you play or not, as long as you enjoy what your making then all is good

They can also have autopistol/ccw (also they have a couple other upgrades allowed like flamers, or a shotgun for the champ). More importantly, autoguns and lasguns have the exact same profile gaming wise, so use them if you would like. Also your thread has inspired me to try to create some female bloodletters, just for kicks.

When somebody you respect says something, you listen. When it´s Bruticus you feel compelled to react.

Master Bruticus put the finger on something that was actually bothering me with my daemonettes.  Something was off. 

They indeed didn´t look as vicious as the cultists. I like the hairless heads because they remind me of moon dragon Marvel character but they don´t look demonic enough. 

So I tried for the first time some GS works. 

I tried several ways of preparing some horns. 

Obviously the trick is to be able to replicate the same form. I´m still a beginner so I need to find a technic to do so. 

The tail and the horns are just a prototype. They need to be more complicated to be interesting. I just wanted to see what it would look like. 

What do you think ? Any tips? C&C? 

Thank you for stopping by

i got some cultists with lasguns,  just point out that they are a type of black market autogun that just looks like a lasgun. and who cares if you play or not, as long as you enjoy what your making then all is good

Thanks STD. I have an idea that should work for any kind of guns ;)

They can also have autopistol/ccw (also they have a couple other upgrades allowed like flamers, or a shotgun for the champ). More importantly, autoguns and lasguns have the exact same profile gaming wise, so use them if you would like. Also your thread has inspired me to try to create some female bloodletters, just for kicks.

Thanks Teetengee

I´m flattered. Hope this gives you more ideas ;)

Make a harpy with a tail and see how it goes. If it's not what you're looking for remove it but would like to see one with a tail to see how it looks. :smile.:

Here´s a tail but not on a flying daemon :)

Still I can remove it too 

I like that the horns aren't mirroring each other exact instead the left one is kinda off from the right one. Was that intentional?

The tail is alright not sure if it should have barbs or spikes on it

Edit: Unfortunately the quote thing has never worked for me so hope this makes sense. In the second pic showing her from the side what is that tentacle thing coming down her left leg with the tabard? From that angle it's almost going to Hentai territory. lol

Edited by Kael24

I like that the horns aren't mirroring each other exact instead the left one is kinda off from the right one. Was that intentional?

The tail is alright not sure if it should have barbs or spikes on it

Edit: Unfortunately the quote thing has never worked for me so hope this makes sense. In the second pic showing her from the side what is that tentacle thing coming down her left leg with the tabard? From that angle it's almost going to Hentai territory. lol

it was and wasn´t intentional. :)

I think on a demon something perfectly symmetrical doesn´t make sense but it could look good.

I´m not skilled enough to produce 2 identical ... so far.  

Maybe some of them could be even opposed. 

No tentacle. it´s a leather piece part of the model. But it´s Slaneesh so maybe the sculptor did it on purpose. 

Love the horns and tail! My only bit of advice would be to support the horn/tail inside to save heartbreak in the future :) If you're not already, I'd suggest forming the horns around a piece of wire (a bit of paper clip works nicely) drilled into the head. That way you can get the lengths of both just right, adjust to your heart's content, and then build the greenstuff up around a solid core, which'll help make them a bit more solid.