Darth Mustard's Chaos WIP : update (page 16)

I'll be the odd one out here and call...

...wait for it...

...Undivided! ;)

Seriously, converting a vehicle to look like it belongs to an undivided renegade guard regiment offers all kinds of beautiful conversion and painting options! And it will certainly be the most flexible and useful for any later projects that way! Just make sure to go for a colour scheme that won't get in the way of future chaos projects of yours.

My Slaneesh warband is more conceived as a cell of devots in the shadows of an Imperial hive, the experiements of a twister of flesh escaping their pods to defend their lab but I have to admit that a female traitor guard driver for the chimera is really tempting. But would a clone warband use a chimera and go massively to war ? I'm not sure.

I collected many models that could be use for S that's for sure. I like the constrain of building for a feminine warband too.

On the other hand, a warband of Tzeentch mutants stealing a chimera would give me absolute freedom to build any kind of models. Plus since there is no love for Tzeentch it means there is no references or limitations. A Tzeentch traitor guard seems kind of natural especially with Ogryns, Rough riders and Ratlings.

I could have a Jeff Vader/Kraut approach building one model at the time. They could be completly different and yet related, linked by a detail of turqoise blue for example.

Or I could mix the 2 concepts and make a Traitor guard of mutants following Slaneesh. I can hear Kraut whispering.... uunnnndddiivvviideeeedddd.

Which could/would make sense and I could make unit of 10 mutants following one god. One god could have more influence that the others if I'm more inspired by one.  

hummmm

I also need to choose a base style because it will condition the camo I could use for the vehicle.

Still no clue of what I'm going to do

A tzeentch unit with a mix of various abhumans would be awesome.

I've got mixed feelings about tzeentch. On one hand the whole change things let's you do all sorts of crazy stuff. On the other hand you have the sterile rubrics. The concept of the rubric marines is great, it's like the opposite of the very concept of change, which i find very fitting for tzeentch. The problem is just that the official unit isn't representative of anything other than a small legion.

/rant

I guess you can always conceive a Tzeench army that is not the 1ksons and not be constraint by the rubrics.

Just do a regular CSM list with as many sorcerers as you can have but I'm not a player.

To me, a SM is not a human anymore so a CSM who lives for hundred of years, travels into the warp, fights with deamons at his side should expect some ... physical changes whichever gods he follows.

So if I had to do CSM they would have mutated faces or helmets on.

No more humans :)

Suggestion.

Female tank driver. Tzeentch affiliated but can pass as Undivided. (Tzeentch is the one who orchestrates alliances of the gods so you could easily justify a Tzeentchian unit working alongside other gods' armies for their own inscrutable purposes).

Also, I would love to see an all female army that was NOT Slaanesh.

Don´t worry Teentenge I have female plans for all the gods ;)

meanwhile to help me to make up my mind I quickly kitbash 3 mutants. Fairly simple kitbash but a lot of fun. Reminded me of Gorkamorka and Necromunda. 

Monkey

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/mutie1_zpscb707377.jpg

Subtile

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/mutie2_zpsd5ac03c2.jpg

Sharp

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/mutie3_zps62a76f04.jpg

ahah

Actually if I decide to go mutants (and decide for a god they should follow) I´ll do it the Jeff Vader way. 1 build = 1 paint or maybe max 3 minis. 

I´m terribly laking confidence in my painting skills. I´m afraid they are gone for ever.

And most of the time after a day at work my eyes are pretty tired for details. Maybe I need glasses or should paint in the morning :)

But I´ll paint ... eventually ... one day ... or another ;)

Ni hao Darth Mustard!! Your daemonettes look terrific, or atleast those on the first pages, I need to go back and read through your blog some more. Your muties look cool too. Are they 1 for each of the gods? Give monkey a cowl andd he could be a tzeentchian acolyte, subtle, would be a huking khornate follower and Sharp, Nurgle?? They are loking good and remind me of the mutie kitbashes from Eye f Terra. You have one creative mind.

I agree with Forte, the only way to see if you still got some magic in the brushes, is to give it a try and see how it goes. Each model is a learning process.

Suggestion.

Female tank driver. Tzeentch affiliated but can pass as Undivided. (Tzeentch is the one who orchestrates alliances of the gods so you could easily justify a Tzeentchian unit working alongside other gods' armies for their own inscrutable purposes).

Also, I would love to see an all female army that was NOT Slaanesh.

challenge accepted. female nurgle types have now gone onto the list of things to do :P