Darth Mustard's Chaos WIP : update (page 16)

Std is throwing the gauntlet?

Thanks Dantay.

I haven't decide yet which god they'll follow.

I think I'll pick one and finish it and paint it before deciding any allegiance otherwise Forté is going to sell one of his kidneys to pay a plane ticket to kick my butt.

Ah but think of all that pleasure, with which the pain of ripping out his kidney will cause to Forte's senses. He might get too distracted to come and kick your butt. Either that or he could stow away in my wife's suitcase and hitch a lift :biggrin.:

I had a weird thought, why not make a squad of 5 or 10 and paint 1 or 2 for each god and 1 or 2 just eandom muties, that would be truly chaotic!!

Uuuuuuuunnnndiviiiiiiided!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by dantay_xv

So, before Forté even starts, yes nothing painting ... yet

but ready to be

Jeff the mutie, inspired by the excellent ¨crazy eyes" of Jeff Vader. Skaven storm vermin body (shaved legs and tail), ghouls head (on a rod with a little bit of gs), zombie arm, catachan arm and gun (ig symbol removed), a pair of ... grenades, bag and hammer for the bretonian kit in the back.  

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/mutie4_zpse13147c2.jpg

I decided to follow Jeff approach to the hobby and paint one model at the time. 

While he was drying I started to assemble another one. 

Since I´m not a player I don´t know if she is going to be a psyker or a sorceress.

She is obviously going to be Tzeentch affiliated so I gave her bird wing for the scourges´ kit, on extra arm from the ghouls´kit. She will have some kind of flaming staff. 

I´m debating on the head choice and I think I should give her more details taking her away from being just a witch elve with wings. 

What do you think? Here are the 3 possibilities but I´m open to any suggestions.

C&C are always appreciate. 

Thanks for checking her out and stopping by. 

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/birdy3_zps177677d9.jpghttp://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/birdy2_zps4a283647.jpghttp://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/birdy1_zps6575cd61.jpg

While the first head definitely draws out the daemonic, it kinda clashes with the weapon.

She looks as  if she is about to rip out a wing or a horn by accident.

I would suggest that possibly take the haft and slide it further down in her hand to about mid length, so it looks more like she has just finished sweeping it round to either give herself momentum to fly or made a killing strike with the flaming staff.

I think, more how you paint the model will dictate whether it will look like a witch elf with wings or a damon of tzeentch. For example pale blue skin rather than pale flesh...

For me it would be head 1, but with an adjustment to the staff, besides that she/it looks wicked cool

Seems that the 1st Tzeentch head gets the majority of votes. :D

I agree that the staff positionning is not the optimum one.

My other option is to give her an armored shoulder for the staff.

Maybe the one for the sorcerer head's kit but it looks kind of big and she would have 4 arms and that would means amputing the current shoulder. So there is no turning back after that.

I think she lacks details that would make her a more obvious follower of Tzeentch but I can't exactly put my finger on it.
Should she be a psyker or a sorceress?

What works in terms of rules?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

It´s been a while:

I´ve been distracted. 

I have 2 questions

Does anyone has a tip, technic or thought on how to make bases interchangeable ? 

I´m thinking that my (inner too) deamons could work for Fantasy and 40K. 

Does anybody thought on how to swap easily the bases from square to round?

second question 

How big are the bases for bloodletters, horrors and plague bearers? 

I separated them and I can´t recall if it´s a 25 mm base or larger

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Daemonclaw

I have to finish building that mini. I might go a totally different head like a hood.

I´ve been chasing squirrels as usual : storing ideas on Pinterest for a traitor guard, some deamons and cultists...

The new DE kits should put me right back on track providing me the vials and the heads and masks, the backs for my speedy cultists that  I was kind of looking for. 

I was looking for a way design traitors that would be more realistic than guys in skirts which is more a cult dressing style than a traitor guards but with only the catachan and the cadian available conversion was going to be tricky...

I just bought the new Space Hulk since I played it in the 90´s. 

Of course my first idea was to built SM terminators squads, G cult, squats or other xenos that could be boarding this floating pieces of junk, second one was to building my own corridors, third one was to buy a second box, paint the mini and sale it, fourth on involve a squirrel, fith one was to magnetize the mini so I could place them to a regular termi base for 40 k applications (hum... where to find tiny magnets in Shanghai?...), sixth I should build others termies chapters...

All that lead me to the conclusion that I liked small warbands with  variety and metal urban bases for my minis.

I going to try to built small warband and most of it the SH minis are driving me, wait for it Forté, paint ... at last

So business trip next week but more to come

So as usual I´m struggling with deciding which direction I should go in building or to find one idea that I can actually focus on or that could regroup and unify all my ideas

Bits are pilling up, space is reducing, stress is building up

so I decided to ask for you guys´ opinion in a vote here

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297319-darth-mustard´s-traitor-guard/?p=3819918 

So thank you for stopping by and for your ideas

A quicky ... to see which parts could work for a squad leader for a traitor guard. Just to rise my spirit of building

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/quicky_zps640b22ee.jpg

strangely they are not so many options for heads for traitors

the WF flagellants heads seems the most proportionate. 

Maybe a few Bretonians too.

The ghouls are too gimmicky for me. 

I´ll have to have a look in the WF Vampire minis. 

Catachan arm (one of the less deformed one) , shoulder pad from the Slaneesh riders, the standard is flagellant (I think), the rest is scion. 

I´ll have to reposition the legs. I looks like a bullfrog riding a matchbox as we say in French. :D

I need more parts!

I´m turning into STD!!!