Darth Mustard's Chaos WIP : update (page 16)

tsssstsss Forte

You reminded me that Slaanesh models could really be great if converted and painted properly (as you do) so it's on you !

:D

Flattery will get you no where (but feel free to keep it coming).

End of the day. I've always loved to see fantastic models and love the way this forum spends as much time encouraging each other to keep going and push themselves, as the others do complaining about rules, balance, and power gamers ;)

Keep it up because those daemons really look the part.

:blush.: :blush.: :blush.: oooooohh Forte, you Slaneeshy seducer :laugh.: 

the forum is great. It's feeding my energy to dare to convert and built again !!!

The feedbacks help me to resist my inner inclinaison to procrastinate.

They even push me to finish assembling these bad girls and start a warband dedicated to another god... and maybe the same one too.

Only 9 left to go.

Need just to resist to new boxes because new ideas came when I was converting them.

and take better picture and built a light box, I will

@ Lepaca

Good idea, Brother, I think I'll turn the rest of them into a more armored, fist sharp like kind of strange Slaneesh thing

Shield is a little too obvious but I like when are more amored

So 5 more

I worked on different options 

2 claws

1 claw 1 weapon to mix them more easily with the first bunch. 

I used the hairless heads for a nostalgia of the 90´s and also to mix them with the previous group

I tried to keep them as aerial as possible. Not a too difficult job since the witches are nearly flying without a broom.

Going threw the models I realized that keeping the witch long neck line was giving them a more disturbing silhouette (human and top model like)

The witch torso comes with a neck on which you put a curved head. 

The Daemonettes heads have a round base so for anyone doing the same kitbashing you need to "shave" the neck as close as possible to the jaw line. 

I kept also the original arms length to make them look more abnormals.

On the deamonettes torso conversion,  I went threw the trouble of trying to make them look to much human like by shortening them.

If you do the same conversion I recommend to start by assembling the head. It will give you the flow and guide your choice of arms.

I´m trying to restrain myself not to go into a too much complicated conversion.

I think the first jumping one I model should get a shaved head too. She now looks out of place. 

I contemplating the idea of adding tales to the witches or more hooks and "ribbons". 

I used round bases just so to make Forte happy. :)

I have 5 left to convert. These ones are going to be trickier since they are on the same body base so I´ll have to find a was to change the way they "dance" too have 10 different Slaneesh girls. 

What to you guyzzz say? 

Comments? critics? Ideas?

witch5

witch4

witch3b

witch3a

witch2

and the spice girls (15)

daemonettes team

Thanks Forte

I did not realized that I had created a cheering crowd of daemonettes in the background and with the white support it really looks like a dance floor.

:D

Silly me I put the wrong Spice Girls group shot online. 

Here are the Sweet Fifteen . 

Daemonettes 15

Let me know what you guys think C&C are most welcome. 

tonight´s production : 3

I tried to modify the silhouette and mouvement to avoid the duplicatas since the witches are twice the same body 5 times.

still quite a lot of patching and cleaning to do

let me know what you think 

witch8

witch7

witch6

witches 8

and they were 18... still 2 to go

daemonette 18

Thanks Forte

I just need a final push for the last 2 models

don´t know if the unit looks coherent though with these different types of body and heads... :(

I´ll try to get better pictures (not that anybody required any) and even built a light box.

the next phases would be cleaning and green stuff and then painting

just need to resist to the idea of starting new projects like csm, cultists, other gods etc etc 

@ Forte

good rule but I haven´t painted in years

need to practice my brushes before starting these delicate flowers.

I've  built other daemons  units for different paint technics, need to practice also on at least one CSM. need to decide which god or legion...and built him.

deathspectersgt

thanks

Edited by Darth Mustard

Thank you my Lord Rust

I see you have a thing for claws refering to your "skorpion" :)

I had a lot of fun converting the daemonettes. The witches masks really work for my personal taste on them.

The witches were a little bit more challenging because I wanted each model to be different and as far as possible from the original pose.

I went through different attitudes : catwalk, dancing, ice skating and more recently agressive and jumping. I had the Eldar Banshees 90's poses in mind.

Don't if everything goes well together and looks coherent.

Now I'm just resisting the temptation to buy more kits and do a larger slaneeshy daemonic army because converting them gave me ideas for more fiancees for Slaneesh.

Big problem : I'm not a collector or a player :)

Nooooo just had a look on GW website. Argghh so many ideas for kitbashing daemonettes and cultists.

MUST RESIST !!!

just found how to post bigger pics from ze bucket. Too big???

I'll add the others is you guyz want me to.

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/daemonettefirst5_zpse8908201.jpg

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/daemonette03_zps59eecdf5.jpg

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/daemonette02_zps3355621b.jpg

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/deamonette01_zps79f18382.jpg

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/daemonette05_zps657b0e5a.jpg

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/daemonette04_zps541e8110.jpg

Edited by Darth Mustard

Rule I set myself is no building until I finish what I am working on.

Your God would frown upon your self control!

It's not self control. More deprivation. In itching to build a huge tank, cultists, noise marines, daemons, and loads more.

Nice kitbashing, DM, and no, the pics aren't too big. I dislike having to click an image through 3 different screens to see it full size, so this is much better. Though I would recommend something different than Photobucket to host here, because they do have a bandwidth limit and popular threads will burn that up in a hurry and then your pics are gone for a short time.

@ Scribe of Khorne : feel free to copy, inspire and push forward (or buy mines :)). I'm flattered.There are not copyrights and it is the reason I post them here : to exchange with other crazy people. :smile.: As I said before I resisting the temptation of doing more deamonettes with other kits. I just realized that there is actually the possibility to produce quite a large quantity of unique models. Ohh Slaneesh you temptator :biggrin.:

@ Brother Chaplain Kage : thank you for stopping by my humble blog. The size of the pic was bothering me for a while. Could not figure out how the forum was resizing them. I was jealous of the other who managed to post large pics. Like you I think that when people get on such a rich forum with so much content they want to see "big" immediatly or they skip. Often I read post of people asking for larger pics. The bucket seems to work but I'll check the other one support suggested if I can access it from China....

In the meantime I'll post larger and better pics of the girls and focus on finishing the last 2 models (must not buy more).

Edited by Darth Mustard

The last daemonette models I liked were the semi-nude ones sculpted by Juan Diaz, and I think the new ones look dreadful, so it's always nice to see someone turn that frown upside down, as it were.

As for photo hosting, I use Imgur and love it, but not sure if you'll have access to it in China.