Darth Mustard's Chaos WIP : update (page 16)

Thanks Heru Talon :smile.:

Strangely enough I can't localise it in the kit displayed on GW website

Second section from the bottom left of the left sprue (grenades is the first section). They are attached by tube to a rectangular thing (which is what also connects them to the sprue). Edited by Heru Talon

I don't know, man.

I had a black coated CSM yesterday in my hands and I was wondering if I should paint him Black Legion or Slaneeshy...

And then it occurred to me that it was not converted enough to be Slaneeshy and which color scheme should I go for with that god?

So I took some GS to try to make it look more Slaneesh like but GS was resisting to my powers so I gave up.

Left me in a very frustrate mind.

Even try to work on some GS on the cultist but one of them resisted and had a leap of faith

So, nothing produced yesterday except frustration and a certain urge to put all that in a trash bag...

Having a little paint on the daemonette test model showed me how much I lost in 10 years (yeah 28 mm minis looked bigger at the time) and how delusional I could be thinking "easy to do" while watching at some other models. I think I lost my way and not sure I can get it back.

I like Chaos, CSM should be great but I can't really help to dislike the majority of the basic squad box. The sculpt look old and the one I assemble are actually ... smaller than my cultists...

I'm looking now for ideas to make original Slaneesh CSM like they use to be or they should be in my head. Problem is I have no ideas.

For me a SM is nearly not human anymore so realizing that you are worshipping a false emperor should turn you into something purely chaotic.

Should my CSM be all mutated? Should they all wear heavily horned and sculpted armors? Same goes with the helmets. How practical are horns in combat? A really CSM wear pink (cool idea for a tee shirt) ?

To me CSM should be like the knights of Mordred in Excalibur by Boorman. Heavy dark, strange helmets, looking violent... and following a Golden Blood Angel :) 

I can't help to look for a model and think squad then army then legion... and Í'm not even a player!!!

So Slaneesh seems to have oriented my hand so far with 20 daemonettes and a dozen of cultists. should I go one with that God?

Should I pledge to the Black Legion easier (for some or for me in theory) to paint ?

So far I have, cultists, daemonettes, horrors, plague bearers, a squad a CSM, and and and and many more

Having so much overwhelms me and I'm scared of making the wrong choice or screwing an average kitbashed model

Arrghh meee brrrrain hurts

I can’t even play CoD anymore since the government has decided to screw up the internet since a guy light a bus on fire here.

So, every team needs a leader and the same goes for cults I guess. 

As I was cleaning up my desk I found a box of a chaos wizard. 

I decided to quickly convert him and convince him to be my Slaneesh cult leader. 

What do you think? 

I´m not an 100% convinced. 

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/leader_cult_zps3ba624b5.jpg

With a few followers or converted judging by their hands

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/leaderandcultists1_zps4674b872.jpg

with the rest of the cult

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/leaderandcultists2_zpsc1c4e2f8.jpg

I know they need a standard bearer. I think that one of the static ones will loose an arm soon. 

C&C ? poison darts? shurikens? cream pies?

throw anything you like

Could just be a slight tilt of the head that would make the difference.

As a group they just look scary. A major distraction for anyone going up against an army with those in.

You´re right about the head. I´m not sure it will be the final one. Maybe I´ll have something more twisted and different from the other cultists. He looks too similar.

I´m debating also the number of "arms" he should get or a classical arms exo backpack. 

Wicked!!!!

Thank you, sir

They still need to receive their drugs dispenser tubes. 

and the question is : Is 12 enough in a cult squad or should I built more or these twisted followers?

Build MORRRRRRRRRRRRRREEE !!!!!!  Really a large hoard would look cool.

Oh and I'm the one who pledged to the Lord of Excesses??? :biggrin.::biggrin.::wink:

@ Skrundle87

Many thanks.

Believe it or not but originally I had imagined a female leader but when I found that mini yesterday it seemed a natural fit.

Maybe if I built more I’ll add a second leader.

I just need to resist the temptation of buying more minis.

A witch dark elves box would lead to a daemonette box that would lead to a ghoul box and they would lead me on other projects ideas that I have like female cultists, imperial assassins and a genestealer cult or a Tzeentch cult, mutants and so on...

I also had a cool idea for Harpies yesterday that I'm trying to erase from my memory because it would mean more buying. It's a good thing that I'm not in a gaming club cause it would be endless :smile.:.

It's like there is always an ingredient missing and kitbashing one mini gives me the idea for 2 others based on the same kit adding other parts.

Edited by Darth Mustard

thank you Brother Jimmy

Slaneesh is The Symbol of Great Temptation, no ?? :)

Bad news, I´m starting to work on some Chaos Space Marines (Slaneesh´ style of course), more cultists and a champion in terrminator armor ;)

It it helps you I also have a box of Space Wolves and plenty of ideas on how to personnalise them :D

Hahah cheers!

Yeah I'm all over the shop ATM. I'm keen to finish my space wolves but I don't intend to rush them.

Think I'm just going to take a back seat for awhile and enjoy the show.

Pumped for the slaneesh marines!

Sweet!  Was wondering what to do to add some cultists to my CSM other than use the use the DV ones (i may still use some of them) but think I may have to use ghoul bodies as well, wonder whether they will work with beastman legs, may be I can use DE/eldar legs and give hooves rather than feet.  Thanks for the inspiration.

Keep going Darth! The cultists are looking wicked! I've got a prototype im using based off some of your ghoul inspirations ill post to my thread soon. The Cultist champion with whip is looking reallly cool as well!

Glad to inspire, Brother Eldrick

Bring it! That's why I post on B&C. To return the favor of so many inspiring models.

Sweet!  Was wondering what to do to add some cultists to my CSM other than use the use the DV ones (i may still use some of them) but think I may have to use ghoul bodies as well, wonder whether they will work with beastman legs, may be I can use DE/eldar legs and give hooves rather than feet.  Thanks for the inspiration.

I do love those ghouls kits. They turn into disturbing skinny human quite well.

The beastmen legs might be a little massive and straight (go ahead Forté) for the ghould body. I would check the bloodletter body, sizewise it should work but Chaos has to be disturbing especially when you travel in the warp some perturbations are too be expected. I think the kroot legs could work on those ghouls too. Keep me posted of your endiaviours.

Wow that's a long fleshy thing.......

Looking great brother, looking forward to seeing these with some paint on too

thanks Brother Dorns. I need to rebuilt my painting skills first. Maybe some basic coating. Got a bunch of demons for practice.  

I was playing with some private parts (come on Forté and Dorns, I'm throwing you a bone (second chance)) and found that arm from the chaos mutated WF that ends with blade fingers. It reminded me of my original idea for the cultist whick is a reference for the Dirz clones in the Confrontation French game. I'm not a 100% happy with the result but I like the idea of a Batman Bane Jacked cultist or clone difformed by the combat drugs or modified by a mad scientist, a big human, mutant like size.  After all, you want something big and mean if you're trying to dismantle a Space Marine, no?

Here is a try with different heads and legs. Not sure the ork body work or the legs. Maybe a bloodthirster would be more appropriate or running DE legs. It looks too easy and badly kitbashed I'll keep on playing with it.

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/clonetest2_zps20b3e8d7.jpg

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/clonetest3_zpsebca1f7e.jpg http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/clonetest5_zps7d71d6e9.jpg

Sorry, the phone was not on a cooperative mood.

Second question for you guys, should I had tubes and vials to the skinny cultist for combat drug or are they ok that way?

Please advise. Your opinion does matter to me.