Darth Mustard's Chaos WIP : update (page 16)

I also had a cool idea for Harpies yesterday that I'm trying to erase from my memory because it would mean more buying.

do tell, im all out of ideas, let your ideas live through me :biggrin.:

also i think you should look at the clive barkers 'tortured soul' toys, that should get your juices flowing... stop it forte, stop sniggering,

I'm sniggering at your growing (behave now) shopping list

its so big i dont have space for everything

I also had a cool idea for Harpies yesterday that I'm trying to erase from my memory because it would mean more buying.

do tell, im all out of ideas, let your ideas live through me :biggrin.:

also i think you should look at the clive barkers 'tortured soul' toys, that should get your juices flowing... stop it forte, stop sniggering,

I'm sniggering at your growing (behave now) shopping list

its so big i dont have space for everything

Well, SLD (how revealing acronyms can be sometimes :)), I was thinking of mixing Wood Elves Dryads with wings from the Dark Elves kits, get rid of the extra branches and leaves, ad bit of armor or mechanical parts, paint them in a fleshy, bloody tones and the result should be a twisted, warp distorted fleshy feminine creature with wings, no?

For some reason, after reading this, I want to make some Slaanesh deamons out of beastmen, dark eldar and deamonette kits. Damn i wish i had money.

Love your work dude. Really inspiring me, if i stay with the Word Bearers i will be visiting this log a lot for inspiration for deamons.

Thanks man. Glad to inspire. 

Don´t worry I have plenty of ideas for the other gods. If I managed to finish and sale the first Slaneesh Warband and resist doing more, I should start the other gods. Don´t restrain yourself. There are plenty of parts from other kits both fantasy and 40k that you can use to produce really unique daemons... The list is written in the back of my mind and receives daily additions (necrons were added yesterday night for example) . I´m just lacking discipline to build everything ...

hmmm , i like the winged dryad idea, was thinking of using the driads when they were released but couldnt think of a way to make them less dryady. 

well the main trick would be in the pain job and also adding details like muscle fiber and bones

I´m trying to feminize the 40k universe :)

Got an extra box a dark elves witches to built some female cultists and caracters

Orcs and chaos marauders might be helpful for muscled humans... depends on how BIG you want to go.

Thanks. I looked at the orcs. The savage ones are the most "naked" but it a full body kit.

I´m not a big fan of the marauder kit. The sculpt is way too simple. The rider of Slaneesh torsos might work thought

the bigger the better :tongue.:

Why am I not even surprised STD (funny how acronyms can be revealing sometimes...) ?

:D

So I´ve been busy doing some prep work and organizing my workspace, bits and everything for better kitbashing

Following Zsoulless advices on his amazing post, I should start molding some parts and doing more GS stuff. 

But I need more parts of course !¡!

so, more to come ;)

I'm also looking now for skinny human like bare chests :smile.:

the fantasy hellstriders (?) the human ones on steeds, and zombies have some naked chests. unless you mean bare women chests, cant help with that, im looking myself :P

I'm also looking now for skinny human like bare chests :smile.:

the fantasy hellstriders (?) the human ones on steeds, and zombies have some naked chests. unless you mean bare women chests, cant help with that, im looking myself :tongue.:

Thanks STD :)

Went to the GW store and bought a box of striders

They should do the trick  

Got also a box of Dryads 

Yeah I know did not resist long

Got to finish organizing my workspace and start to produce because bits are pilling up

Trying to create my own heads too

I hope I got all the supplies I need because the guyz from the store are eager to see my results so I can´t even have some side projects anymore

might need a box of necrons though....:D

Let´s have a productive weekend !!!!

So here is my take on the Harpies

This test model will maybe receive some muscle fiber GS and will be painted with fleshy tones, bones and red muscle fibers like a flayed and deformed  body after travelling in the warp. Maybe some hooks or bones or trophies of some sorts 

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/Harpie1a_zpsbc0d8bd8.jpg

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/Harpie1b_zpsa789a558.jpg

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/DarthMustard/Harpie1c_zpsad1db606.jpg

Summer is ... oh a squirrel... great for distractions

I started to prep for the rest of cultists. Nothing significant to shoot but the Orc bodies are pretty interesting for my big cultists... I started to prep molds too for the GS armors and heads

Cool stuff always like seeing alternatives to units. The harpy is look good already did it require a bit of trimming to get the wings to fit on the dryad?

Sorry. Forgot to write the details. Lazy me

A little bit of carving in the back of the dryad but nothing to major. Just enough to make sure that maximum of both surface are connecting. Round back and round inside of the bat wings kind of fit nicely. I´m tried also with bird wings.

A little bit of trimming of the existing leaves. A little bit of GS to make the back of the skull and fill the back.

I made her/it a tail too but I´m debating if I should use it or not. 

Stop teasing.

Slaneesh made me do it :D

:cuss me thats beautiful!!!!! what kit are the wings from?? think i may have to do some of these as the skinless daemons that hang out with the Word Bearers :D

(Adds Dryads to the shopping list of kits to get next week)

:censored: me thats beautiful!!!!! what kit are the wings from?? think i may have to do some of these as the skinless daemons that hang out with the Word Bearers :biggrin.:

(Adds Dryads to the shopping list of kits to get next week)

Thanks STD :D You now see what I meant. The wings are from the Dark Eldar Kit Scourges The flying ones. two pairs of batwings and 2 pairs of birds wings.

I will use the birdy ones on a more feminine model. Should look more Evil angel that way :)

I used the scourges legs for my jumping cultists. I believe they would work well with daemonettes too. (no more side projects)

Oh and on a side note thanks a lot Darth Mustard! 'Cause of your little pun in the title I got that Happy song back in my head. Oh you really are an agent of Chaos. :tongue.:

I am and Pharrell is my copilot :devil: