Kael24s ETL III Vow

Here's my first vow a priest and 3 death cult assassins. Instead of buying the metal models I instead took 3 Wytches I already made and modified them to have 2 swords(ish) and greenstuffed the pads and hoods.

These miniatures are taller than the Sisters so for fluff reasons I'm just gonna say that the Priest has a thing for strong Amazonian type of female assassins. So to bring my Nerdism to front the priest is named Caesar and the assassins are Xena, Gabrielle, and Callisto. :D

I like the names, but they just took xena off netflix :(

Looking forward to seeing them painted!

Well here's my first DCA wanted to show it off a bit. I've only done block painting gonna do a few touch ups and then dip her. ONce I dip all fours minis I'll start basing and try to do some highlighting. Enjoy smile.png

@namine That sucks about Netflix. I have all 6 seasons on dvd...come to think of it I haven't watched any episodes in a while. Fun show to watch while I'm painting.

@Warriorfish Already have paint on all four miniatures. The priest is fun to paint. I bought 2 packs of 5 Cultists a while ago and they had the same minis in them so needed to find some way to use them. As far as dip goes I have Strong and Dark Army Painter Quickshades. I tried out strong on some other miniatures and it turned out alright just have to watch out for pooling in some areas. For these minis I'm not quite sure wich one to use. I'm gonna test out the dark quickhade this week-end on another mini and see how that looks.

WEll I finished my first vow. Priest and DCAs are done. Yayyyy

Here they are. smile.png

Basing and the blood is new for me. Glued sand to the base and then mixed Forgeworld Fresh Mud and Matte Varnish together and applied onto the sand. Applied Tamiya clear red on the blades. After spraying matte varnish on the model I went back and brushed gloss varnish on the clear red and the mud.

After looking the models I thought things over for the next vows I'll work on. I'll probably switch to Dark Tone Quickshade when I start the SoB Troops. Strong is fine and will probably work well with the skin and clothes of the Sisters Repentia but I feel Dark Tone will make the shading on the armor stand out better. I also have to be more patient when brushing on the Fresh mud. Some of it went on the edge of the base and made it difficult when I put graveyard earth on the dark mud would show through.

Over-all I'm happy with these minis and can't wait to start my next vow. smile.png

This is the can of Strong Quickshade I used. From what I read it's the equivalent of Devlan Mud. Also have dark tone which is the equivalent of Nuln Oil(again from what I read). Not only can it be brushed onto the mini you can dip the whole mini in and then shake the excess off which is what I did. Not only does it create shading but it's also a gloss varnish which is easily remedied with matte varnish spray.

Not sure if that helps explain any better(I have a hard time explaining things out) but hope it helps a little.

Oh also there's a hint of my next vow in the pic. :)

I really liked the Quickshade when I did my 50+ cultist and my 40+ infantry guardsmen. Yet for individual model, I much prefer Nuln Oil for more ''accurate'' shading. You can also put your model on top of a drill, dip it, and then use the drill to twist and shed the excess of Quickshade. Quickshade has a really cool shading, I like it. 

Archived