A fall to Rage - Flesh Tearers

"We are children of war, baptized in the ashes of victory. We are our father's second sons, and we are all the fiercer for it. His pain burns sun-hot in our veins, undiluted by old honor or tithe. We are him at his purest, his most wrathful. We took our rage and tried to blunt it on the stars themselves, waging a crusade as bloody and vicious as any that had gone before. We bled the galaxy without mercy. We bled ourselves without respite, battling almost unto extinction. But still wee were not cleansed, our actions not our own.

Still, the Thirst endured."

- Nassir Amit, The Flesh Tearer

http://imageshack.com/a/img834/5241/s9zqb.jpg

The Flesh Tearers have an interesting history going all the way back to The Great Crusade when their first chapter master fought alongside their primarch. Since Sanguinious's death and the Second Founding, the most brutal and blood thirsty of the proud Blood Angels found themselves upon a path leading to their own damnation. While they would eventually come under Inquizitorial investigation several times for their crimes, the butchery of their own allies was in fact part of the chapter's disgraced history long before the Inquizition came into being. The battlefield of Signus Prime marked the first time that the 5th company of the IX Legion fell to the rage and in their bloodlust, they butchered a contingent of their Space Wolf allies.

Since that first moment of uncontrollable rage, Flesh Tearer chapter has seemingly been unable to turn away from their path of destruction and blood. However, there was one glimmer of hope that the chapter could be saved from itself. Amit believed that setting the death world of Cretacia would be their salvation. But would a steady flow of recruits who survived in a jungle world inhabited by reptilian predators reminiscent of ancient Terra's dinosaurs bring the chapter reprieve from their past actions, or plunge them even further into the depths of the Black Rage?

+++++++++++++++

My force will be based on the Flesh Tearers after they concurred Cretacia with a mix of new recruits showing the most brutal nature of the chapter and the remaining legionaries born on Baal who still bare some pride for their blood line no matter how much they watch it degenerate. 

I have been away from the hobby for awhile and paint pretty slow, so there may not be overly frequent updates, but I will post WIP and final pictures here for your viewing pleasure. Here's a look at a few of the marines I have already finished:

http://imageshack.com/a/img845/853/d25h.jpg

First new project and my vow for ETL III, a Librarian to lead my forces in smaller games and boost squads in larger games.

http://imageshack.com/a/img843/6690/qdvj5.jpg

Very nice start, I had exactly the same thought as you with making a force from the forces that landed on cretacia, such a good book too.

On the painting, your red is spot on.

Thanks for all the great replies everyone!

The chapter symbols are more of a 'paint between the lines' than free hand. I used these decals for them and then painted over them so they weren't so decalish. Definitely a long process, but I'm happy with the results.

I'm glad you like the red as I do too, but sadly I may have to find an alternative in the near future as the color is based on the old GW Scab Red paint which is not nearly the same color as the existing paint range. I'm surprised my old paint pots haven't turned to dust by now, but they are pretty empty after base coating over 2 squads (WIP pics to come msn-wink.gif)

Lovely Tearers and an awesome red :tu:

I'm pretty sure there's a colour match for Scab Red in the Vallejo Game Colour range, might be worth a look.

Look, a mini with paint on it woot.gif

http://imageshack.com/a/img834/5373/dvgb.jpg

I decided to go with the red an blank instead of the normal blue look because 1) I didn't want to paint a smurf and 2) Amit kinda said screw it to the codex astartes and the IX legion never had much of a problem with the librarians so had no real reason to separate them from their brothers.

My old pot of Scab Red was a bit chunky. This may be the last guy I paint with that color, I'll have to look into the Vallejo range. Thanks for the tip Razblood! Next up the black part. It's amazing how many details are actually on this mini.

@Knight of the Raven: Yes, that marine is indeed carrying a teleport homer and diving out of the way of some incoming fire.

Archived