Anyone still playing Space Marine?

Count me in Dark Master for the Deathwatch run ! I'd love to see a 4 man team dressed in the same colours, and why not Deathwatch ;)

I play on PC, and I'm actually a bit tired from the pick up groups and bad connections. The match ups are generally one sided with a team getting all the smart players and completely facerolling the other...

Some matches are balanced and provide a decent amount of thrills, but most of the time not... So voice chan might actually be nice to play with ! :D

I will say, the manufactorum map for the Loyalist Exterminatus map is the easier of the Chaos bonus round levels.  Gives you a place to recoup when you're being swarmed.  I remember my first time beating it, Loyalist WE colors, iirc tactical with a Plasma Gun and the upgraded melee for the combat knife.  Easier with an AM but pre-patch it wasn't a walk when you're dealing with idiots who think they need to jump in and then die strait away.

The chaos one I can't recall too well, it was less enjoyable despite the Chaos marines being more enjoyable to customize.  Probably because the Chaos Unleashed ones were more glitchy, I had to go over the whole thing more than once because the achievements failed to unlock. 

• 2 weeks later...

I played this SOOOOOO much when it first came out. Now...I'm not even sure I have the disk anywhere! :(

Though towards the end it was great playing it with your own team all armoured as the same squad etc. That was very cool, seeing 4 marines all in Ultras etc colours stalking around. Loved that!

Sadly it looks as though the Xbox version at least has faded into obscurity, which is very sad as it got some excellent reviews. Particularly if you remember that Gears brought out there latest 3rd person hack and slash shooter 2 weeks later!

BCC

Gears' release is what practically stabbed the game, the other super releases did it too.  I happened to drift hard because of Skyrim and returning to Armored Core For Answer for clan matches and team battles.  It's a fun distraction but if you max out on MP and beat the story, you got nothing left.  No resets, no special challenges, Exterminatus looses its value very fast, no one willing to pay for Dreadnought Assault.

The nails in the coffin where the patches though, no one is going to recommend a game if the lag is just out of control, and that's from the UK, US, and AU.  You wouldn't believe the amount of times I'd go into Angron mode because someone from South America got host and ruined 99% of the other players connectivity.  You couldn't just quit out all the time because you were almost always put back in the same lobby.

Used to run it on my PC.. started running out of people to play with, so I eventually deleted it. Now that I have a new desktop, I have yet to reinstall it.

Will not deny though... my fingers are itching for Exterminatus again..

The lag is damn awful nowadays. In all the games I'm playing, 500ms ping is quite common. It's really not fun to roll into cover and get headshotted by a Lascannon through a 3 meters thick wall.

I like the game, but I haven't got Prescience :/

As mentionned, I'm in for some Exterminatus, but the PvP is too laggy for me ! Unfortunately, I'm on PC :/

Let's have an Exterminatus game dressed in Deathwatch livery or with the B&C Chapter colours !

• 2 weeks later...

I recently renewed my xbox live and have started playing again, mostly exterminatus though cause like you all say pvp is full of over powered nerds. Would be great to actually have a game with a group from here as we wouldn't just give up on the third round automatically... also I swear I'm like the only xbox user who has chaos unleashed because I have played maybe one game!

Anyway xbox live name is grayfox 946 if any of you wish to take to the battlefield side by side.

I recently renewed my xbox live and have started playing again, mostly exterminatus though cause like you all say pvp is full of over powered nerds. Would be great to actually have a game with a group from here as we wouldn't just give up on the third round automatically... also I swear I'm like the only xbox user who has chaos unleashed because I have played maybe one game!

Anyway xbox live name is grayfox 946 if any of you wish to take to the battlefield side by side.

as soon as the downloads were available igot them, so unleashed and dreadnought assault are a go go, I did add noctus cornix too, keep meaning to message him for exterminatus too, I'll add you later (I'm EzekyleV)

If someone convinced microsoft to unban me, I'd renew gold, rebuy Space Marine, and play. Sadly I'm not paying a cent outside of used games, or rebuying digital content that I already paid for and was subsequently robbed of.

I've (sadly) packed away my 360 and am half-heartedly trying to find someone to buy it and all my games while I instead enjoy the sublime shooter experience that is Titanfall.  Sorry.  I did love me some Space Marine while it lasted, though.

Incinerator, if you don't mind me asking. . . why were you banned?

Haven't played space marine since I had to replace my (2nd) playstation due to ylod. This thread has me tempted to get the game out again though I have to say, heresy as it is, I enjoyed transformers: fall of cybertron a bit more for online play for scale and diversity.

this has reminded me that I do have kill team still to play

I play it every now again (on Xbox360) , I usually have ludicrous amounts of lag though so only play a game or two before raging at the fact I landed no less that eight hits with my power sword on somebody to only find out that lag prevented me from hitting them at all while they killed me in the process.

I own it and play it on PC. I tend to ragequit a lot however as I almost always seem to be stuck on a team of noobs who aren't even past level 20 fighting an entire clan of level 41'st. Gets extremely frustrating.

Also, Assaults aren't that dangerous. You can kill them by popping a stim pack and shoulder bashing or using a meltagun. Things get tricky when the game lags though.

I play on PC, but I think it would take a lot to get me back at it. The biggest killer always has been the lag, particularly since they decided to do peer-to-peer hosting and NTO have dedicated servers. Lining up a kill shot only to miss because the host quit for some reason and you're stuck in migration hell is a bummer... even worse when you're STILL in migration hell and that guy you tried to kill gets you instead.

Space Marine was a fantastic idea, and has a solid system... it was just killed by poor decisions and a general lack of multiplayer support.Frankly, they should've done things more like Gears or Halo: multiple modes (more than two) as standard, rotating bonus XP weekends for underused or random game modes, etc etc.

For the record, Dreadnaught Assault ROCKED. But, as it was paid DLC, the number of people who owned it were small. If it had extra armor pieces or new weapons you could only access in it, then it might've been different.

Archived