WarriorFish's ETL III - Eleven Barrels of Hell

I've finally made enough progress to warrant a WIP topic for my Baneblade! It's all ready to be under coated:

gallery_30308_9560_94947.jpg

I've assembled all I can, the sponsons are just resting and will be done separately with the other bits to make painting easier smile.png I'm hoping I can get it painted quite quickly as tanks are my speciality, maybe even get a first coat of green on today before I'm back at work tomorrow?

Through the Warp, to near and far,
To Tallarn, Lethe and Ultramar,
The Emperor points and we obey,
Through the Warp and far away.

I'm ahead of you there mikey ;)

gallery_30308_9560_58669.jpg

I'm not aware of anything on my calendar this weekend so I'm expecting to make good progress this week :D

I do have one, but it's the GW one and the damn thing isn't very good. Maybe I can get the ratio right but honestly I just don't care for it, too much hassle. I'd rather paint it by hand, I'm good at tanks and I've done well enough all these years :P

I'm sadly back at work now, but I'm looking forward to the weekend when I can sink my teeth into this :D

It is a wondrous thing to behold biggrin.png To think I've had it since they were first released, I even have the certificate they gave out with it somewhere laugh.png I'm currently on a break as I work through the green, I'm glad I have a nice big brush tongue.png

Well you don't do things by half Warriorfish. Last year was awesome, and you're just improving on that really. Maybe you're just showing off with a Baneblade but hey, how do you improve on awesomeness ;)

Good luck with your vow, I'm sure this won't be the only thing you'll be entering.

It is our way mate, as you well know msn-wink.gif Thanks - I'm hoping to get this done quickly so I can move on to a Platoon I've assembled as I know they'll take me some time to finish. I'm aiming for a third vow this year biggrin.png

As is tradition, time for a blurry photo (almost as blurry as my eyes now):

gallery_30308_9560_39528.jpg

That's the first coat of green done. Took a little longer than I'd hoped but I was busy doing other things in between painting bits. Doing it in stages is better too, prevents any paint drying out which is always a risk when you're painting a lot. It wasn't all roses though:

gallery_30308_9560_9486.jpg

Casualties are to be expected, what matters most is to make sure the sacrifice was not in vain! tongue.png Onwards to glory! smile.png

Good to se that the Baneblade is making progress.

The metal on my brushes is the part that usually gives in. The battle damage on yours, is quit frankly impressive, kind of an art of itself.

Something far more mundane I'm afraid, the brushes were sitting in their holes in the tray when it was on the floor and I hit them with my foot as I forgot they were there when I walked over them. An unintentional Titan impression :P They're still good to paint with which is the most important thing.

The weather is looking ok today, so having done the first coat in the evening it works out nicely now with some decent light to get the final coat done properly today. I'm starting to think that I could almost finish it this weekend if I'm lucky...

The weather held nicely, but I've been painting for long enough today. I should give my back and shoulder some rest so I'm ready to go again tomorrow! Here is my progress for today:

gallery_30308_9560_125443.jpg

The green is done and dry brushed, I've started using Loren Forest as my highlight colour now and I like how it looks. A shame the colour didn't exist all those years ago but I've got a second pot so I can redo my other tanks (good job I've still not settled on a weathering method yet!). I've also done the base coat for the white so that's ready to be finished off tomorrow along with starting on the metallics.

Putting it like that makes it sound like it's almost done but the tracks are going to be a bit fiddly in places I think. Even so I'm still confident I can get most of that done this weekend. I'm quite busy next week but I reckon there will be enough time to finish it off by the end of the week biggrin.png I'm not sure about the hull vision slits though, should they be painted as lenses or kept black as slits?

Thanks BCK, it was going so well I couldn't resist going back to it tonight...

gallery_30308_9560_120465.jpg

I've made a good start on the metal, doing the larger bits. I've left the more detailed bits for tomorrow's natural daylight though I'll sure I'll find some mistakes to regret in the morning tongue.png

Archived