Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sanctioned Fratricide - Minotaurs

Badab WIP Minotaurs Chapter

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Freakiq

Freakiq

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,672 posts
  • Faction: Minotaurs, Alpha Legion
Made a test model for a Minotaur force a few days ago and after tweaking around with the recipe a bit I finally got what I was aiming for.

The Marine on the left is the test model while the one in the middle is what I'm aiming for with the new recipe.

gallery_14033_9600_51134.jpg

Big props to DaemonPrinceDargor and Lorenzen for the original recipe and inspiration.

Edited by Brother Tyler, 15 January 2017 - 08:09 PM.
Tags edited

• chaplainmikey and Grotsmasha like this

JeffTibbetts

JeffTibbetts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts
  • Faction: Eagle Eyes

That one in the middle looks great! I love that bronze. 

gallery_74115_9011_2349.pngtn_gallery_74115_9313_33227.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_9491.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_110464.png gallery_74115_9011_12025.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_3499.png

++ victorus aut mortis ++

Follow me on Twitter @linguartisan for pics and banter.

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 949 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors Legion
Looking good.

Some day I'll finish off a project, but today is not that day.

November

November

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 95 posts

Very nice shade of bronze you've got there - an army of this standard will be excellent.

The Yak

The Yak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,397 posts
  • Faction: Raptors

You can't go wrong using those two for inspiration!

Its a great bronze. Dark and menacing, just like the chapter.

Good luck with this. smile.png

batu

batu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 726 posts

They look amazing brother :)

Jacobite

Jacobite

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts
  • Faction: Minotaurs

Looking really good, nice and clean (unlike mine), love the title as well. What sort of force are you going for? Vehicle heavy? Shock Troops?

Freakiq

Freakiq

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,672 posts

Not that much progress to report, got a few more painted up but I'm kind of stuck at what kind of red to use.

The artwork seems to use a brownish red but I'm hinking a more vibrant yet darkly shaded red might stand out more.

Any thoughts or recipes you guys have tried?

Might make some experiments tomorrow.

gallery_14033_9600_292988.jpg

Looking really good, nice and clean (unlike mine), love the title as well. What sort of force are you going for? Vehicle heavy? Shock Troops?

I've got at least 5000 points of Space Marines with a healthy mix of tanks, infantry, Drop Pods and Rhinos so I think I'm just aiming for a balanced force.

I doubt it'll be very competitive though, I'll just paint up what I like the look of and fits my view of the Minotaurs.

Thanks for the replies everyone! smile.png

daemonclaw

daemonclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts

they look great, like statues come to life

i am the itch in the roof of your mouth,i am the sting of the icecream headache. i am the chill down the nape of your neck and the breathing in the shadows. i am chaos
DAEMONWORKS
http://www.bolterand...ules-and-alphas

THE TRUE WORD
]http://www.bolterand...-the-true-word/[/url]

The_Chaplain

The_Chaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,527 posts
  • Faction: Confessors

Absolutely gorgeous bronze you have achieved for your minotaurs; looking forward to more from this thread.

Check out my hobby thread here

gallery_29004_6198_9307.pnggallery_48988_6285_7306.pnggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_11565_4862.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_30308_9518_8389.pnggallery_74802_15827_10034.jpggallery_48988_15738_19809.png

Lorenzen

Lorenzen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,244 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, Fire Angels
Looking good so far.

The red i went for is vallejo burnt cadmium red which is that sortve browny dark red.. if you want a dark yet vibrant red id look at working with some inks to get the saturation of colour needed.

Freakiq

Freakiq

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,672 posts

Mostly been stripping my old models and assembled some new ones but I have gotten some painting done.

Got a bit further on my first squad, added a Sergeant and decided on going with a wine colored red since it stood out a bit more from the brass.

Sorry about the bad photo, the colours seem a bit off in this one, the red looks darker and less orange IRL.

Will post better photos once I finish these guys.

gallery_14033_9600_346088.jpg

• Firepower and Dosjetka like this

The_Chaplain

The_Chaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,527 posts
  • Faction: Confessors

That is a nice, uniform bronze you've achieved on that tactical squad- they will be a visual treat once finished. 

Check out my hobby thread here

gallery_29004_6198_9307.pnggallery_48988_6285_7306.pnggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_11565_4862.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_30308_9518_8389.pnggallery_74802_15827_10034.jpggallery_48988_15738_19809.png

Freakiq

Freakiq

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,672 posts
Thanks, I was quite worried I wouldn't be able to keep it uniform as that's been the downfall of many of my earlier colourschemes.

Might add some red on the regular guys too but I'll wait and see funtil I've given them all red Boltguns, that might be enough colour to tie them together.

Freakiq

Freakiq

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,672 posts

Posting mostly to show I' not dead. tongue.png

Haven't gotten a lot more work done, painted up some more details and added bolters.

Managed to get a hold of Hamath Kraatos through my friend Uvenla on here and started painting him.

Would love to get a whole Mk4 Heavy Bolter Devastator Squad for him.

gallery_14033_9600_218576.jpg

• Darth Mustard, chaplainmikey, Dosjetka and 4 others like this

GrunTeufel

GrunTeufel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Hate them and their background. Love the models and your paintwork. Loving the heavy bolter guy.

banner%20ETLIV%20Blood%20Angels_zpspvnlfgallery_52275_4552_20046_zps09919881.png

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 949 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors Legion
Did you add the brass etch greek keystone pattern to Kraatos' backpack?

Some day I'll finish off a project, but today is not that day.

Freakiq

Freakiq

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,672 posts

Hate them and their background. Love the models and your paintwork. Loving the heavy bolter guy.

Thank you.
I can definitely understand hating them, brutal guys with a questionable past and methods.

Did you add the brass etch greek keystone pattern to Kraatos' backpack?

Yeah.
That's where the backpack connects to the sprue with 3 thick rods.

In the end I just thought screw it and covered it up, quite happy with the result.

TheForgottenAngel

TheForgottenAngel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 915 posts

AWESOME WORK!!!!! I absolutely love your bronze! Hamath Kraatos looks awesome! I want that model so bad and a heavy bolter devestator squad is perfect for him! Can't wait to see your progress! If you haven't looked at my album please do! Also check out https://www.facebook.com/Minotaurs40k for everyone else who plays Minotaurs! 

• Freakiq likes this

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,140 posts
  • Faction: III Legion

Great looking Minotaurs!!

That Kraatos looks brillian :)

The only thing I would suggest would be to break up bronze a little. I'd use a more traditional steel colour on parts of the power packs just for a bit of variety.

Keep up the excellent work thumbsup.gif

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Freakiq

Freakiq

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,672 posts

AWESOME WORK!!!!! I absolutely love your bronze! Hamath Kraatos looks awesome! I want that model so bad and a heavy bolter devestator squad is perfect for him! Can't wait to see your progress! If you haven't looked at my album please do! Also check out https://www.facebook.com/Minotaurs40k for everyone else who plays Minotaurs! 

Your minotaurs look so awesome! wub.gif

That dark feel you've achieved fits the Minotaur's character so well.

While I'm aiming for a brighter desert-combat style for mine (i.e blatantly copying Lorenzen :P) I'll be sure to take some inspirations from your models.

Great looking Minotaurs!!

That Kraatos looks brillian smile.png

The only thing I would suggest would be to break up bronze a little. I'd use a more traditional steel colour on parts of the power packs just for a bit of variety.

Keep up the excellent work thumbsup.gif

I'm trying to keep them as much bronze as possible with only the fiddly mechanical bits such as weapons and vents being steel coloured.

While I love how the steel parts look on Lorenzen's Minotaurs I kind of want to keep mine bronze like in the artwork.

Might try some more verdigris and shading to make them more interesting though.

Thanks for the critique! happy.png

• Kizzdougs likes this

JeffTibbetts

JeffTibbetts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts
  • Faction: Eagle Eyes

I'll just toss in that the brass etch pattern is a great touch and really helps pop the model into hero territory. It's tough when his silhouette is so vanilla but that really works. 

Also, I personally like the OTT brass-everywhere look. The red works very well with it, and I don't think too much weathering or verdigris will look right. I think they look like they take very good care of their wargear, and it represents their pride well. Some verdigris might look okay, but be careful with it. 

gallery_74115_9011_2349.pngtn_gallery_74115_9313_33227.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_9491.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_110464.png gallery_74115_9011_12025.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_3499.png

++ victorus aut mortis ++

Follow me on Twitter @linguartisan for pics and banter.

TheForgottenAngel

TheForgottenAngel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 915 posts
Breaking up the bronze with red knee pads and purity seals goes a long way. The FW shoulder pads are great and Stavros and I elected to use them on all the models.

Anvil Industries is a great way to personalize sergeants with cloaks and crested helms.

If you are going to use Ivanus Enkomi don't be afraid to use black as the base color and bronze as a highlight. We did this for a command squad and an assault squad and it turned out great and breaks up the bronze horde :)

You're off to an amazing start and it's always great to see more Minotaurs armies!

recon0321

recon0321

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,973 posts
  • Faction: VII LEGION ASTARTES
That bronze is great how did you achieve that? Also any progress on them?
Profile photo courteous of Flint13

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,518 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit
I love the test model, but the refined version of the bronze is very nice. I love the shade of red you've used, as it stands out in just the right way! thumbsup.gif

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Badab, WIP, Minotaurs Chapter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users